[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nebraska

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: DSCF0913.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0913.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
I recently returned from a trip visiting family in Washington state and discovered a passion for hiking. Upon returning I realized the lack of outdoors activities in my grassland state. So far all I've been able to do is hike railroad tracks from town to town, but it isn't very scenic. What are some outdoors activity worthy of my time here?

>pic related: my dog standing in a barren field
>>
I've never really been to Nebraska, so I can't say I know what's available to you, but yeah no cool scenery kind of sucks, although I imagine in some parts the rolling grassy hills might be nice. I mean, for one thing, I suppose you could basically just practice some outdoor skills like camp cooking or firemaking, or you can meme-I mean baton wood or some shit, but yeah, IDK. I don't know where in Nebraska you live, but you might be able to try some of Nebraska and Wyoming's National Forests and grasslands http://www.fs.usda.gov/nebraska , but again, I haven't been to these ones, so I don't know how cool they are. But yeah, if trees and mountains are your thing (read "Washington"), Nebraska probably is not the first thing to come to mind.
>>
>>826273
You could also possibly get into the motorsports meme: no scenery to fuck up means no guilt about using ATV's
>>
>>826269
No, you didn't discover a passion for hiking. You discovered that you like pretty things, and you just happened to be in a state where most of the pretty things are scenic outdoors areas. I don't mean to discourage you from developing a passion for hiking, and I don't think there's anything wrong with just like pretty areas, but that isn't going to stop me from being frank with you.

Read some of the great nature writers and learn about why nature is great in and of itself.

But also, since I'm not a complete pretentious ass, I realize that pretty places are nice. Going to pretty, secluded places is expensive for most people. So you're gonna have to deal with that. Living in NE your best bets are probably to splurge and find a way to get to the Black Hills or Badlands NP in SD.
>>
>>826282
lucky you're not a real pretentious ass because you sure fucking sound like one.
>>
North Platte reporting in
>>
>>826282
It's actually mostly due to the fact that this state is so unbearably humid and 90% of it is private farmland so you have to trespass to do a majority of the activities. That and it's the 3rd least forested state in the entire U.S. I enjoy the feeling of being encompassed by thick forest foliage.
>>
>>826269

Sounds like you need to get in your damn car and take a trip to the Black Hills. It shouldn't be that far, has a lot of excellent climbing and hiking and isn't that far. If you wanna get nuts head over to Wyoming and get into that, but it'll be that much farther. The Bighorn Mountains were really beautiful and had a amazing canyon to check out.
>>
>>826269

I just recently drove through Nebraska and had a great time at Lake McConaughy. That seemed like the nicest outdoors area in NE that I could find.

>>826282

This dude's a total idiot. Washington is a beautiful state because most of its wilderness is so remote and untouched. It's beauty is a direct result of the purity of the natural environment. Sure you like pretty things. You also happen to like secluded mountainous regions where you can do more than just stare at the horizon.
>>
>>826269
you have good fishing and the Black Hills are close.
>>
>>826305
agreed.

going outside isn't rocket science. if you like it, do it. period.
>>
Omaha reporting. Indian cave is nice. The "cave" is shit but the hiking is the best around here.
>>
Can anyone recommend a good fleshing knife? It will mostly be used for goats if tatthat makes a difference.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.