[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best and CHEAPEST lighting solution for a poorfag

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

Soon I am going to go on an all night fishing trip where I basically kayak out to a giant sandbar in the middle of a semi-large lake, set up, and fish all night. I'm am very poor, and need to decide on what sort of light I need to buy. I was thinking about a lantern, but some of the rechargeable headlamps seem pretty cool too. What is the best and cheapest light for fishing you'd recommend and why? Sure, I have googled it and have my ideas, but I'm curious about yours.
>>
fire
>>
>>825748
Fire might not be an option where I'm going, and I prefer something I can wear on my head for kayaking at night.
>>
$6 Ozark trail headlamp from walmart. Batteries last forever, cheap as dirt, plenty bright enough for anything except spotlighting sasquatch, and they hold up surprisingly well. I've taken mine on 5 or 6 trips and my clumsy ass hasn't managed to fuck it up yet. Buy 2 or 3 if you're worried, still cheaper than other lights that'll break on their maiden voyage
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>825745
I haven't tried a bunch of stuff, but I'm down with my $30 Princeton Tec headlamp. Has red and white light, and high and low for each. Uses 3x AAA batteries and they last a long ass time. So if you see one of these you like, no complaints.

If you need a bright spotlight though, you may want a bigger handheld. The headlamp is bright enough to see anything nearby, but not the best if you need to see the shoreline across the lake.
>>
princeton tec fuel, runs on 2x AAA and is plenty bright for night activities. i use it when i am biking at night, illuminates pretty much everything infront of you.
>>
black diamond storm for 35 on sierra trading post. i don't waste my time on inferior shit and neither should you
>>
>>825745
You can buy very bright led cap lights at Walmart for a dollar, that's what I use anyways, and they are very efficient.
>>
Petzl Tikkina

I just bought one as my first headlamp to use while hammocking. I used it to get around in the forest at night when I went to take a shit, adjusting lines, etc. It's pretty good quality for the price.
>>
>>826406
>black diamond storm
I have this and love it. 30 USD at REI
>>
>>826536
Its listed for 49.95 on rei
>>
>>826542
>49.95
Bonus, I got a hell of a deal then!
>>
>>826406
>>826536
+1 for the Storm. You're going to get it wet kayaking (I dropped mine in the water last time I was out at night) so you want something waterproof.

Or if you want something really cheap but still waterproof and dont mind handheld there is this
http://www.princetontec.com/amp-1lbc
>>
>>825745
I have pic related, thing is VERY bright. If you were in an unfinished basement with lights off, it would light up the whole place.
>>
>>825745
I use the one in your pic almost weekly for fishing and I think it's great.
Super bright on highest setting, perfect to light the interior of a big tent on lowest, lasts ages and can take a good bit of water.
Would absolutely recommend it.
>>
>>825745
I got my dad that exact head torch in your pic OP, he loves it, said it does the job perfectly (he's a plumber) when he needs light in crawl spaces but needs to have his hands free.

I would suggest however to get the one with the car charger as the one i bought didnt have one with it and amazon customer service is shit.

He's had his since last sepetember and it still works, hope this helps. i paid £30 and ive seen them on offer now for £10+ delivery
>>
File: sdh.jpg (32KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
sdh.jpg
32KB, 600x600px
I once had to transverse a lake on a canoe in drizzle, and fog that I couldnt see more than 10 feet from at like 1am. Getting in VERY late to our campground.

Headlamp was useless in the fog, what saved me was the part foam light stick. I put one in front of the canoe, and I was able to get spotted by my friends from like half a mile away as I blindly attempted to navigate the lake. These things are like a $1 when you buy in bulk.

Headlamp wise, anything over $25 with a red light will work. Dont forget to bring at least 3 sets of batteries. Do not get anything cheaper, shit sucks. Unless its on a sale.
>>
Just go to a dollar store and buy a ass of glow sticks and fish hard techno I do it all the time on my boat
>>
If you're really poor might want to give this a miss but if just cheap and using a lot there are usb rechargeable headlamps available. Not saying they are good or anything but its interesting. Even have night vision red (I find useful).

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/untested_rechargeable_chinese_headlamp/32646035650.html
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.