[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hammock camping for two/Solutions when camping with a woman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: clark.jpg (46KB, 610x360px) Image search: [Google]
clark.jpg
46KB, 610x360px
Hey /out/

I'm of the light weight hammock camper type these days, and I manage 5 plus days often out of a ~30L backpack with a rifle and all the puffy stuff strapped to the outside. Bugs don't bother me often even in heavy mosquito territory so I seldom use a bug net.

My girl, however, wants to come with me on some of these and now I'm stuck solving some of the problems that this creates. She's a fucking mosquito magnet like I've never seen before. She's got a small bladder and no matter what I imagine will have to get out of whatever setup to pee. She wants to sleep near me because relationship and the idea of separate hammocks is such a turnoff she doesn't really want to consider it. Am I fucked? Am I now relegated to the strange Clark 2 person hammock and getting a huge bug net and rain fly to cover it all? I really don't want to forfeit hammock camping and settle for a tiny 2 person tent. Thoughts?
>>
>>824693
Why don't you just buy a tent?
>>
>>824703

Because comfort, weight, consistency of sleep, also it can be used as a chair and of course, as a hammock. You can always pull your rainfly away and enjoy the day in a way you can't with a tent.
>>
>>824705
sounds like you've made your mind up, why did you started this thread in the first place?
>>
>>824693
>Hammock camping for two/Solutions when camping with a woman

Sounds like the start of a riveting slapstick comedy routine.

>>824705
Tent weighes less than a hammock that big.
>>
File: 1443771723002.png (135KB, 428x500px) Image search: [Google]
1443771723002.png
135KB, 428x500px
>>824693

400$ for a hammock while bug net and cover are sold seperately?
>>
>>824724

it's 189 for the hammock alone.

>>824713

Read the post again, I guess.

>>824714

Probably.
>>
get a 2 person tent
>>
it's the hammock or me
t. Girlfriend
>>
>>824705
Well you're bringing your gf. Make her feel a bit more comfortable friend.
>>
A two person hammock with all the straps and shit is heavier than a tent bro
>>
If she can't handle a few nights sleeping in a separate hammock leave her behind.
>>
Just get a tent for fuck sake, fucking hipster
>>
>>824693
has it occurred to you that since she's your girlfriend she may want to have sex? Get a tent and bring your little hammock along so you can still try to impress her.
>>
File: 8d8cc75d13ab585ac189d34c043667ae.jpg (102KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
8d8cc75d13ab585ac189d34c043667ae.jpg
102KB, 1024x576px
Imma save you OP.

Dutchwaregear.com

Get the double hammock whoopie hook, and a spreader bar.

You can then hang 2 hammocks under 1 tarp. You each have a hammock, but are right side by side. A spreader bar keeps the heads apart, and the feet end are together.

You would have to have a large tarp, and maybe have tie outs for the tarp to give yourself some room. A tarp like the Warbonnet Cloud burst is made for bridge hammocks, and might fit better since bridge hammocks are naturally wider. You could also get some clip on pull outs to widen your tarp.
>>
>>824693

I love hammocks, but right here is the situation where a tent is better. You'll just have to take one for the team. Pack some lube and see if she'll reciprocate and put up with some discomfort for YOUR satisfaction.

Relationships require compromise. She's not being unreasonable.
>>
File: 1469732360361.gif (4MB, 581x327px) Image search: [Google]
1469732360361.gif
4MB, 581x327px
>>824854
>sleeping separate while on camping with your GF.
>>
>>824693
Ditch the woman
>>
>>824921
this guy gets it

>>824974
>OP has problem involving girlfriend
>gets called a fag

yup definately posting on 4chan
>>
>take her camping
>make her squeeze into tiny hammock with you
>don't get a tarp or bug net
>gets wet, eaten by bugs, miserable sleep
>never asks to go again
>problem solved
>>
>>824963
Some people hold adventure/freedom higher on the priority list than poon.
>>
>>824921

That's a wonderful idea, I'll look into it. Dutch just keeps coming up with great shit.

>>824955
>>824920
We have no problems with fucking outdoors. Hell, bend her over the hammock and it's like doggystyle made easy
>>
File: 456.jpg (58KB, 594x439px) Image search: [Google]
456.jpg
58KB, 594x439px
>>825027
>/out/ in charge of successful relationships
>>
>>825027
>higher on the priority list
When you're talking to teens that dont have the luxury of sleeping together it's important.
If you are an adult and think sleeping with your mate is necessary you are still a child and immature. Time to grow up.
>>
>>825137
This. It's fucking nice to pass out alone on the couch.
>>
two person hammocks are shit. have her pack her own hammock.

every person on the trip should be self sufficient. it's a safety precaution.

also anon what rifle are you packing? ar15? marlin 1895?
>>
>>825217
Depends on the trip.

I'm building a ar15 pistol for weight savings these days and use my full length AR in the meantime.

Generally carry a .22 pistol for small game or use a 22 conversion BCG on the AR.
>>
>>824921
> wtf is this redicules contraption?

Get a tent.
>>
>>825583
> mr slick side upper
Thanks for your advice Slick. You're still a know-it-all jackass.
>>
>>825598
Rediculous contraption?

It's a bar that keeps hammocks apart.

Not hard.
>>
>>826010
He's not wrong, that just seems unnecessary and overly fucking complex, and negates the benefits of a hammock.
OP, why don't you just find 2 sets of trees that are close and tie the hammocks next to each other, or make a bunkbed style setup? Hell, why not just tell her to shut up and take a single hammock?
>>
>>826047
Overly complex?

It's basically a stick that keeps your hammocks from coming together.

How is that complex?

It's actually more simple than hanging 2 hammocks separately. You only need one tarp, and one need to find 1 set of trees.

Bunk bed style doesn't work. One person is too high to get in and out easy, and it's almost impossible to get out without bumping the other hammock. You also have to raise the tarp so the person on the bottom gets less wind protection. You also then can't comfortably use the hammocks as a chair since one is too high, and the other has a hammock hanging in your face.

Eliminate all those problems with the Dutch spreader bar.
>>
>>826203
Your mom wouldn't

>Zing
>>
>>824693
just use a tent
>>
>>825599

What? All of my AR's have a forward assist.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.