[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here use any of the larger North Face hiking packs? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: A6K0_FNW_hero.jpg (81KB, 638x745px) Image search: [Google]
A6K0_FNW_hero.jpg
81KB, 638x745px
Anyone here use any of the larger North Face hiking packs? I picked up one of their day packs on clearance a few years ago for cheap and it's a really well put together pack for over night or one day trips. I'm looking to replace my cheap High Sierra 70L pack that I use for three day trips with something of higher quality and maybe a little smaller. Since, my North Face is so nice I was looking at them first. I know Ospreys and Kelty has an excellent rep I just don't have any first hand experience with them like I do North Face....
>>
North face are quality, but you pay more just for the name cos chavs love it. Im assuming its the same in the us. Osprey and lowe alpine make the best backpacks in the world imo, but kelty, north face, berghaus etc arent bad
>>
>>824460
I'm gonna have to disagree, i love Deuter and have an orange daypack and a Jack Wolfskin moab jam 24 but i'm gonna get a Deuter act trail 36 or a similar size pack (35-45l)
>>
>>824560
Ive never had much experience with deuter, purely cos my lowe has done me so well. Ive heard good things, but im not gonna recommend them on just that. A guy I used to hike with had the airlite 26 i think, he liked it
>>
I have a 65L High Sierra, and a 50L Kelty Redwing.

The Kelty fits much better, and carries weight better.

I can't speak for the North Face, I've only tried them on.

I was fitted for an Osprey Pack. I just didn't care for the waist belt on the AG suspension. You almost have to pry it open a little to squeeze in it. Once it was on, it just didn't fit on my hips quite right. I'm sure it takes getting used to, but I just didn't love it.
>>
>>824452
I have the bigger version of that bagpack and it's really nice. Gave $135 for it new several years ago. I use it as my light weight bag since all my other bags are tacticool and weight a millions pounds.
Last few years its been the bag I let friends borrow on backpacking trips and I never had anyone complain about it.
>>
>>824585
Deuter has awesome back ventilation but they tend to be expensive, but i have tried McKinley brand backpacks and i don't like them, a friend had a McKinley that failed and now he owns a Deuter, it's definitely worth that extra bit of money for the quality and comfort
>>
>>824452
Interested to know about this as a guy near me is selling a 65L one still with tags . I dont really see many larger NF bags in australia.
>>
>>824907
If it's not too expensive go for it
>>
I have a The North Face Terra 50 and I absolutely love it. It's my winter pack because it's a bit heavier and larger than my other packs. (Hueco 35 and my Osprey Aether). It's well built and I got it super cheap on sale.

One trip I even broke the waist belt clip by slamming my truck door on it and The North Face sent me a new one, free of charge. It got to me in two days.

So yeah, as long as you're staying away from the mall fashion stuff their products are top notch imo.
>>
I've been hearing that North Face has gotten worse and worse since they started appealing to normies. It's a fucking shame. They used to be such a great company, but after losing Doug Tompkins, they're on a rapid decline that's only going to get worse.

Osprey Atmos has become a really safe pick recently. The only other Rec I can give is Mystery Ranch. I've used the same A7000 since the 90s, and only had to upgrade to a T100 this year. Some of the best made packs that money can buy, if you're willing to pay extra for it, but I'd rather buy something that lasts 20 years, than something that lasts 2-3 tops.

http://www.mysteryranch.com/Packs/Mountain
>>
>>826981
Been getting worse and worse since 20 years ago. I don't think the loss of Doug Tompkins did much.
>>
Doug Tompkins hasn't been involved with TNF for decades.

Osprey makes excellent packs. So does black diamond, Gregory.
>>
>>824452
While expensive, Norrona makes quality stuff

My dad bought a 100l external-frame backpack in the early 90's, and it still feels like brand new today.
>>
>>826981
>http://www.mysteryranch.com/Packs/Mountain

been looking at getting this.

https://store.kifaru.net/amr-7800ci127liters-bag-only-p176.aspx
>>
>>827073
>Norrona
I have a comfy fleece made by them. Never seen their packs around when I needed to get one though.
>>
File: osprey-atmos-ag.jpg (68KB, 556x473px) Image search: [Google]
osprey-atmos-ag.jpg
68KB, 556x473px
>>824452

best pack I've used so far, comfy, durable, well organized

>>826981

about $200 more than it should be
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.