[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coracles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

I was thinking of a fishing kayak, the area I am going to be fishing is a stillwater lake. For this reason, I then wonder about a coracle rather than a kayak. They look cozy and nice, and are supposed to be easy to handle and pretty stable. They look great to fish from.

Thoughts?
Is there a modern version or similar?
>>
Learn from the Novgorod, a circular ship is not a good idea
>>
>>822274

The enterprise would disagree, but go on?
I think it looks a very stable little seat platform for lake fishing, imagine drifting along in that with a fly rod, casting all round
>>
>>822256
Idk the guys in the fishing general have decent kayak knowledge so ask them also
>>
>>822274
>ship is nearly 30 years in service
>not a good idea

The whole "worst ship ever" is just a myth.
>>
>>822256
They're perfectly fine as long as you know how to handle one, which can be said for anything. Go for it.
>>
File: Here it is, the modern Coracle.jpg (60KB, 595x420px) Image search: [Google]
Here it is, the modern Coracle.jpg
60KB, 595x420px
>>822325

Is there a modern equivalent or similar small boat? I love how portable these seem. I've been looking to buy one but they seem to be scarce to unavailable.
I may make one, like pic related.
>>
>>822256

I own and made one. If you get a small trolling motor either electric or gas. They are pretty intresting. But that's it. If you where going to float down stream. Like tubing they are great for that. But being on a lake in one isnt going to be fun. And considering you're gonna have to build one anyway. Build a skin on frame canoe or kayak instead.
>>
>>822978
This is what I was going to say. If you want a coracle, build one don't buy it (skin on frame is easy and cheap). But if you're going to go through the effort of building a boat a kayak is more practical.
>>
File: coracle.jpg (186KB, 577x577px) Image search: [Google]
coracle.jpg
186KB, 577x577px
>>
File: sport-one-man-boat.jpg (121KB, 1124x498px) Image search: [Google]
sport-one-man-boat.jpg
121KB, 1124x498px
>>822256
you need to step up your game..
>>
>>822256
https://youtu.be/BpaT8ARUums
heres the review
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.