[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/FMTG/ Fur and Meat Trapping General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: 100_0036.jpg (39KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
100_0036.jpg
39KB, 480x270px
Haven't seen one of these threads since January and it's convention season and that time of year to work on traps to get them ready for season so might as well make a thread on it. Anybody score any sweet deals at any conventions yet? What are you going to go trapping for this coming season? What modifications are you doing to your trapline? With the low fur prices almost nobody will be out trapping so a lot of fur will be open for the taking with no competition. I was thinking of taking advantage of this and going for some muskrats initially and then switch up to beaver once it starts icing up so I can fill my freezer with meat for the year and can donate some of it to some family members.
Pic related, it's an ermine caught a few years back in a Victor rat trap baited with muskrat leg and lured with some Lone Wolf Ace in the Hole the landowner said he saw a weasel constantly coming in and out of the hole on the side so I set right there and caught him.
>>
>>821067
You eat that weasel?
>>
>>821071
Nope, sold its fur and used the remains as bait for another weasel set, if I remember right I didn't catch anymore that season. The remains could also be used for mink, fox, and coyote bait, bobcat, marten, fisher and wolf would probably go after it too.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-23-19-59-43.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-23-19-59-43.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
Made some snares today, a dozen and a half with Reichart locks, a dozen with BMI slide frees and a dozen with Micro locks. Figured I'd give each kind a whirl this season to see my preferences for certain animals. The snare is made with
>3 ft of 5/64 1x19
>an annealed nut stop, I used this because it's 1x19 and a regular aluminum stop has a high chance of coming lose.
>one of the previously mentioned snare locks
>a whammny made from gas line
>a ferrule, I would have used two ferrules if I intended to snare coyotes with these but they'll do just fine on my beaver/fox/coon line
>a barrel swivel, I use this rather than a wire swivel at the end because after the first twig the snare wraps around the wore swivel is useless where as the barrel swivel will likely still be in use.
Then the extension cable is
>6ft of 3/32 7x7, I would have used 7x19 due to the durability but the cable costs twice as much and I had none on hand
>one ferrule to form a solid loop connecting to the barrel swivel
>an adjustable loop on the end made with a ferrule and aluminum stop.
>trap tag
I like this style because after a catch I can just cut off the snare and add a new one to the extension and not waste several feet of cable. I was thinking of trying a different design for use with killpoles but I don't know why these wouldn't work for me.
>>
>>821067
Do any sc/out/s use prilitive traps and not steel traps?
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.