[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GEAR GOALS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 18

File: cam3ggogen.png (124KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
cam3ggogen.png
124KB, 700x700px
Describe your dream gear.From knifes,backpacks to cameras and books you would carry on your journeys without any financial limits
>>
>>820337
>The information is not collected for commercial marketing purposes**
>>
Some fancy ESEE Knife, some expensive north face bag, shoes, shits. No camera becuz taking photos is for gays. Ill bring a couple of books. Mostly camping related.
>>
File: DSC02384.jpg (390KB, 864x648px) Image search: [Google]
DSC02384.jpg
390KB, 864x648px
last winter I bought the 4 season tent of my dreams (pic rel) got 5 months left to pay it off before punishing interest rate kicks in.
>>
File: 1450596375058.jpg (245KB, 1375x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1450596375058.jpg
245KB, 1375x1500px
>>820358
What tent is that and where did you find it?
>>
Hiking shoes that fit my wide feet
>>
File: tent (3).jpg (414KB, 864x648px) Image search: [Google]
tent (3).jpg
414KB, 864x648px
>>820401
>What ten
Tarra Hilleberg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VAN5IF8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
>>
>>820337
>Knife
TBT #1
>Backpack
Osprey Xenith 105
>Camera
SJ5000X
>Book
Codex Leicester
>Shoes
Merrell Annex Mid Gore-Tex Castle Rock
>>
>>820432
> $1000+
Holy shit my tent is a $5 tarp and a surplus sleeping bag. Total cost me $30
You're doing something wrong anon...
>>
>>820910
>$$$ no object
What part of OP's question do you not understand. I'm betting that tent feels about as heavy as a condom next to your rig.
Then add bugs,
...and rain,
............and wind

Wanna bet who has a more enjoyable night /out/?
>>
>>820940
I got ops question but you can get the same type of shelter probably for under $300
If you're so afraid of rain, wind, and bugs well fuck it. No financial limits so go out and buy a $60,000 RV
>>
>>820943
>buy a $60,000 RV
If that is your ideal /out/ then go for it. I never intimated it was mine.
Given a choice between a Kia, a Volkwagon, a Mercedes, or a Ferrari, which are you choosing? # is not object, just pick the one you'd like to drive. (hint, they all get you from point a to point b)
>>
File: tent.png (721KB, 729x580px) Image search: [Google]
tent.png
721KB, 729x580px
>>820910
>2 completely different items designed for 2 completely different uses.
>why do they not cost the same?

No the guy, and I think that specific tent would have been to big and so limiting for me, personally would go for a different model.

But good luck surviving in your tarp in pic related.
>>
>>820948
I'm out in the Mojave desert. I guess that skews my views a bit. I don't really remember the last time it rained
>>
File: DSC02283.jpg (399KB, 864x648px) Image search: [Google]
DSC02283.jpg
399KB, 864x648px
in the spirit of the OP, my gear goal is to pay off the Tarra before the interest-free grace period is over. I would never claim it was a sound financial decision. but psychologically it was. in 2015 I was working so much overtime that self-inflicted-gunshot-wound-to-the-head was real possibility.
I know many people who spend $1000 a year on tobacco and lottery. this tent is big enough to hold me and my boys and we go places no RV ever could.

>>820948
PS nice expedition picture
>>
Arc'Teryx everything

I got one of their rain jackets a few months back and it was well worth the ridiculous price. If everything they make is that high quality, I'd get everything they made if I could afford it.

They don't make sleeping stuff, tents, or tools though. Gonna have to think on that. But all my clothing and bags would be arc'teryx
>>
>>821018
>$1000 a year on tobacco
I'd still smoke if that were true.
10x1.5x365=
$5475
>>
>>821034
what are these numbers
>>
>>821046
looks like ten dolla a pack, packinahalf a day, three hunned sixty five days a year equals five thousand four hundred and sevenny five dolla
>>
These are some of the best mics in the world for what I do, and given how good they are the price is amazing. Sadly it's waaaaay out of my budget for the forseeable future. Buttfuck I need this things.

Maybe a rich-anon will get them for me for /out/ secret santa this year.
>>
>tfw I want to eventually live out of a backpack (probably 40L)
>need to fit both my everyday life stuff and /out/ stuff in it
>can't have much gear

So I suppose everything ultralight. Fucking shit is balls expensive. Would also love if airports/tsa got off our collective dicks about knives so I don't have to (theoretically) toss and buy a new one every time I need a plane.

Just bought a nice pack for the first time in my life after always backpacking with a cheap school backpack. Suppose my next item would be a damned good pair of boots. Not happy with my current ones, they're heavy and awkward.

Also want full merino wool everything. Might be cheaper to buy a few sheep, sheer them, and hire a guatemalan to knit it for me.
>>
File: dsc_3526.jpg (98KB, 778x778px) Image search: [Google]
dsc_3526.jpg
98KB, 778x778px
>>820483
Those shoes look nice. I have pic related. Love em.
>>
>>821018
I hope my Hilleberg shilling the last 2 years on /out/ is what made you see one and decide to buy it.

They are worth the money for sure. Everyone thinks they compare to 300 dollar tents that look the same. But the diffrence is fabric weave pattern and density. The fact that every seam has a back stitch to it. And they can be setup in hurricanes without issues.
>>
>>821165
Dude have you ever traveled on a plane before? Just check your shit in to luggage. You can carry a machete. I did... With my gun. Just no ammo.
>>
File: Muh_Nallo.jpg (277KB, 1257x943px) Image search: [Google]
Muh_Nallo.jpg
277KB, 1257x943px
>>820358
Hilleberg Master Race. Good one, anon. I went with the Nallo 4 GT because weight: Kids still to small to lug much themselves.

Worth every penny. Screw the poor plebs.
>>
File: Laufbursche_lavvu.jpg (121KB, 1023x372px) Image search: [Google]
Laufbursche_lavvu.jpg
121KB, 1023x372px
>>820337
No financial limits? Ooh, I wanna play

>Tent: The Laufbursche Lavvu
>>
File: HMG_2400_Windrider.jpg (62KB, 460x690px) Image search: [Google]
HMG_2400_Windrider.jpg
62KB, 460x690px
>>821337
>Pack: HMG 2400 Windrider
>>
File: La_Sportiva_boot.png (85KB, 496x500px) Image search: [Google]
La_Sportiva_boot.png
85KB, 496x500px
>>821338
>Ski boots: La Sportiva Stratos Cube Alpine Touring Ski Boots
$ 3000, 555g apiece
>>
File: Petzl_Ultra-Rush.jpg (23KB, 500x314px) Image search: [Google]
Petzl_Ultra-Rush.jpg
23KB, 500x314px
>>821339
>Headlamp: Petzl Ultra Rush
$ 500, 760 lumen
>>
>>821334
>>820358

Getting a Staika soon because want something that will last more than five minutes in a strong wind.
>>
>>821024
I got the beta ar in a sale last year, fucking amazing jacket. Heavier than my rab spark, but lighter than most pro jackets. Favourite bit of mountaineering kit. Looking at getting an atom hoody too, maybe the lt
>>
>>821342
Nahh petzl myo, why tf would you need that many lumens
>>
>>821308

The point of traveling with one backpack is no checked bags, and thus fees and fuss and lost bags.
>>
>>821307
Hillebergs are excellent tents but their dome models are overkill unless you're actually going to big mountains. I'll probably get a Saivo, but I've dealt with 70+ mph winds where I need something bomber. This is where I also wear double plastic boots and full 3-layer gore-tex.
>>
>>821339
>>821342
>>821338
since you clearly don't need that gear I'm guessing you discovered the sort by price button.
>>
>>820337
Just a bag of holding.
>>
>>821046
>>821061
yep and since I quit I made wife quit since ... no job.... so that's at least another $3500
Basically I gave myself an extra $9k/yr in my pocket.
>>
>>821459
Course I need it. It is impossible to randonné with ski boots weighing over 600g, and I exclusively ski at nighttime. Also I'm very allergic and develop a bad rash if I come into contact with pleb tier fabrics such as silnylon. Cuben is hypoallergic, need a new tent.

>not getting the point of the thread, at all

...I am soo getting myself a HMG og Laufbursche pack next time I'm... getting a pack though.
>>
>>821475
>I gave myself an extra $9k/yr in my pocket.

You mean you stopped pissing away 9k of what you had every year. Big difference retard.
>>
>>821537
overall net income is what's left to spend on what you want after bills. if you consider a smokarette habit a regular expense, removing that expense results in more spending cash. you can do the same thing by taking your car off the road, cancelling your cable, or renting a cheaper apartment.
>>
>>820337
>HanWag Boots
>Arc'teryx Hardshell Jacket and rain pants
>Hilleberg Akto
>GPS
>Warbonnet Blackbird for summer nights
>Mountain Equipment Helium 600 sleeping bag
>Lupine - Neo X2 headlight
>Pentax K3 camera or a canon m3
>>
>>821418
I'd like to get one of their packs next. I've got a 35L gregory but for longer camping trips or just extended travel where I want just 1 bag, I'd love to get their 75L or 85L bag. I also like their little daypacks.

Also been considering some of their pants and maybe a pair of shoes, but I just can't bring myself to dump a shit ton of money all at once on them.
>>
Seems like the right thread to ask in, would an ALICE pack be good for overnight camping? What size would be recommended. I have a backpacking pack but I only like to break it out when I'm going for multiple days
>>
>>821283
Those are quite nice as well. Love the simple leather design.
>>
>>820358
why the hell would you finance a tent? lol just save up.
>>
>>821881
Unless youre after a lightweight climbing pack, dont go with arcteryx. Theyre good, but the lowe or osprey equivalent is a lot cheaper. Trousers are good, but again more expensive than they should be. Dont know about the boots, but they look decent
>>
File: bombs.jpg (8KB, 208x208px) Image search: [Google]
bombs.jpg
8KB, 208x208px
>>821344
So, I take it you in no way insinuated that the Nallo can't take wind? Right? You were just expounding on the overall quality of Hilleberg, right?

'Cause if you did indeed criticize the wind-shedding capabilities of muh Nallo, we're gonna have a problem...
>>
Having trouble finding a US source, pic related.
>>
>>822078
Thats the Varanger Dome from Helsport, right? There's one on sale at their outlet right now, for NOK 8 250,00, which should be around 960 ameribucks. Should save you some, at least...

>http://www.helsport.no/outlet
>>
>>822078
>>822082
According to the manufacturer, they're selling it NOK 5500 off (-40%) because some tents have been produced in the "wrong color", gray-green instead of green. That's a steal, desu
>>
File: IMG_20160710_162206.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160710_162206.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
>>822082
Thanks! You see my problem.
>>
>>822084
No problem: just do it. Don't think they have a US importer... And you would still save moneys in getting them from Norway at that price. Do you even have sales tax in the US? VAT?
>>
Don't know why but I fell in love with this bag.

It's simple. Clean. And the size is just right for a nice day hike.

Had anyone seen or heard anything about em?

Roadrunner SED hydration pack
>>
>>822139
> just do it

The dome plus inner tent (8 personer) is just under $1400 USD and they appear to take Visa.

Wish they have an English site? I'm at check out and the lingo resembles Klingon.
>>
>>822145
Post screenshots or post copypasta (obviously not of personal information), I can translate...

Why $1400? + inner? Let me check it.
>>
>>822147
>$1365 usd w/inner
>>
>>822147
Which inner? Seems there are two different ones, one for 5-6 people, and one for 8... Dont really understand the difference.

Yeah, anyway -- seems like a nice basecamping tent.
>>
>>822151
In this case I would want the 8 person, even if only for 2/4 and a dog.
>>
does the klingon tent support a wood stove?
>>
>Meindl lavis
>Force 10 Nitro lite 2
>Thermarest x-Therm
>MSR Reactor
>Buffalo mountain shirt
Literally any Macpac, fucking lush
>>
pack: Osprey aether 60
bag: Marmot Datum
boots: White's smoke jumpers
pad: Thermarest Ridgerest
shelter: Alpine bivy
lower base: Filson midweight wool longjohns
wool socks
knife: spyderco mule
Huskvarna axe
i have some of this stuff already, can't afford the pack or the shelter right now, though
>>
Felt alpine cap
wooden crosscountry skis
canvas backpack
leather snow mocks
cast iron pan (already have it)
felling axe (have it)
3 knives (for whittling, filleting, and butchering)
a musket and everything that goes along with it.
A piece of paper so that I can draw pepe and hide him where no one will find him
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.