[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i am unsure about this mush

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

File: WP_20160722_004[1].jpg (1MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160722_004[1].jpg
1MB, 1456x2592px
so i found this mushroom, its looks alot like a psilocybe semilanceata, but it has a no obvious tip on the top.

anyone seen flat topped semi,s before? or is this another mushroom?
>>
File: WP_20160722_002[1].jpg (1MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160722_002[1].jpg
1MB, 1456x2592px
>>820082

if where smart i would ask this on shroomery or something, but i cant remember my password.
>>
>>820085
also is it true that if you lick it, and it does not "bite back" then its most likely not poisonous?

or can you feel nothing after licking it and it could still do harm?
>>
>>820087
Nonononononononononono.
>>
>>820094

well cool i chewed it, held it in my mouth for a minute and spat it out.

il update you if i died or not.
>>
Doesn't look like a Liberty Cap. Some libs look sort of similar, but that's definitely not one of them.

Speaking of Liberty Caps. Why can't I find shit? I am fairly sure they should be growing right now, I live next to the perfect habitat for the shroom, yet I can't find any.
All I can find is little crappy impostors like the one in OP.

Why can't I find any Liberty caps?
>>
>>820101
same here, i think its just the wrong time of the year.
>>
>>820103
I don't think it's the wrong time of the year, especially with all this rain we've had in this region.

I know for a fact that people in the UK hunt for Liberty Caps at the end of July. I am not in the UK, but we have pretty much the same temperatures and climate here.
I fear that there might just not be any growing here because the spores haven't reached this area, or farming and domestic animals have destroyed them.
>>
File: 1466701380813.jpg (40KB, 295x320px) Image search: [Google]
1466701380813.jpg
40KB, 295x320px
>>820106
i see, i live in norway, and its supposedly gonna be growing the best when summer is over, and fall starts.

but yeah there are sheep "fields" everywhere, and iv been searching a bunch, but cant find anything.

bearly any mushrooms at all.
>>
>>820110
I am finding loads of mushrooms after rain, just no Libs.
After two days of rain I will find hundreds of mushrooms like the ones in OP.

I am really not sure what conditions have to be met before Libs start growing, and I don't see anyone going in depth about it.
>>
File: 1466684630277.jpg (45KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1466684630277.jpg
45KB, 500x500px
>>820112
same here, i have also seen no in depth explanation why licking the mushroom isnt enough to check for poison.

i have felt poisonous mushrooms several times, its like a spicey meatball.

i am op btw.
>>
>>820114
Why would that work? That makes no sense.
The problem with poisonous mushrooms is that if you eat too many they will destroy your livers or kidneys, not sure which one.

You can't taste them.
You also can't taste a magic mushroom and tell if it's potent, it only starts doing something when you eat a lot of them.

Tasting mushrooms is probably the dumbest way to ''identify'' mushrooms, but I don't think it's deadly or even dangerous. You can lick poisonous mushrooms all you want, as long as you don't eat a handful.
>>
>>820120
how is it dumb? if you are unsure, taste it and it bites your tongue, you know its poison and avoid it, no?
>>
>>820131
but its wonky, i know.

also yes i can taste the poison in the mushroom, iv done it, i just said iv done it several times.
>>
>>820131
So chili is poisonous?
>>
>>820135
no, but chili isnt a mushroom.

is your point that mushrooms can burn your tongue and still be completely harmless, if so just say it. get to the point.
>>
>>820148
My point is that you're saying stupid bullshit.

Not all poisonous mushrooms are going to ''bite your tongue''.
If you think I am wrong I challange you to go lick every mushroom you see, eat the one's that don't ''bite your tongue''. Go on. Do it. Eat every single mushroom that doesn't ''bite your tongue''. See how long you will live.
>>
>>820152
thank you wasn't so hard was it?

but there had to be salt, there always has.
>>
Why is there no one here who knows shit about Libs?
>>
>>820170
Anglo heavy board. And mushrooms aren't as big there. Also VERY slow board.
>>
>>820180
Whenever I see people talking about Libs it's the English or Americans. It just does not make sense why there don't seem to be any people here who know shit about Liberty Caps since it's the most common and most popular psychedelic mushroom there is.

I haven't even found a single Liberty Cup yet I feel like I know more about them that the vast majority of people here. It shouldn't be like that.
There must be people here who have at the very least read more about Liberty Caps.
>>
Just spent an hour hunting for Liberty Caps. Couldn't find anything.

Kill me.
>>
>>820170
4chan is anti-degenerate. Get fucked you low life junkie piece of shit.
>>
>>820228
/pol/ is the only anti-degenerate board on this entire site, and even then it's full of Canadians who are cucks, gays, alcohol users, some trannies, liberals etc.

Don't give me that shit.
>>
>>820228
>4chan is anti-degenerate
Where the fuck do you think you are? This is the asshole of the internet, populated entirely by degenerates and sperglords. Also, overuse of the word
>degenerate
Back to >>>/pol/ with you.
>>
>>820082
DO IT FAGGOT
>>
>>820096
did u ded?
>>
Why is this board so fucking dead?
What the fuck?
>>
>>820082

Order or obtain spores and grow your own? Mycology is pretty neeto.
>>
>>820082
These grow all round my house, I looked them up before, not poisonous but not tasty, also not magic mushrooms.

I did a spore print and it was the wrong colour. If I remember correctly it was brown underneath and didn't bruise blue/purple like it should have

Tldr its not a magic mushroom
>>
>>823821
This is a good tool too http://www.mycokey.com/newMycoKeySite/MycoKeyIdentQuick.html

bu if in doubt don't eat it, it's unlikely something will kill you unless its got a skirt on it or is brightly coloured but it's still worth being cautious
>>
>>820883
It's the Internet, people don't venture outside of their bedrooms.
>>
>>823821
So, the purple color is the Psilocyn? I found a shroom once that looked just like that, but it basically bled purple. I chickened out of eating it, though. Maybe I should go shroom hunting this Monday.
>>
File: 20160729_190816.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20160729_190816.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
I always see mushrooms that look like liberty caps, but probably aren't... Pic related is from southern Ontario
>>
>>826414
That doesn't even look like a liberty cap, and they never grow in or on trees.
>>
File: shroom.jpg (1MB, 2664x2264px) Image search: [Google]
shroom.jpg
1MB, 2664x2264px
I found a bunch of these.
What are they? I didn't expect to find such big mushrooms on a field.
>>
File: maybe amanita muscaria.jpg (1MB, 2396x1392px) Image search: [Google]
maybe amanita muscaria.jpg
1MB, 2396x1392px
Are these Amanita Muscaria var. Alba?

I was looking for Amanita Muscaria for like an hour, and all I could find were these. Took a closer look at them and they looked like white versions of Fly Agaria.

Too bad they were all rotten, because there were at least 30 of them, and all of them were huge.
>>
File: 1469760769820.jpg (456KB, 1521x1374px) Image search: [Google]
1469760769820.jpg
456KB, 1521x1374px
DEAD
FUCKING
BOARD
>>
>>828979
>>820883
How new are you, /out/ is a slow board you don't have to bump your shitty thread every five minutes jesus christ.
>>
>>820233
>This is the asshole of the internet, populated entirely by degenerates and sperglords. Also, overuse of the word
how about you go back where you came from, you retarded reddit transplant.
>>
its probably not a good idea to try IDing mushrooms unless you're an expert. Too many mushrooms can look like other mushrooms which can mean the difference between life and death. Even expert mycologists can have troubling IDing.

You're probably better off growing your own than picking random wild mushrooms.
>>
File: amani03.jpg (184KB, 1072x470px) Image search: [Google]
amani03.jpg
184KB, 1072x470px
>>828997
That's a complete nonsense myth.

There are two ways to die from mushrooms: eating every mushroom you find YOLO style trying to kill yourself

and

if you think the death cap (which looks nothing like fly agaria, whatsoever, not even remotely close) looks exactly like fly agaria.

This myth has to stop. Education is better than fear mongering. The chance of you dying from mushroom poisoning are basically non-existent.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.