[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pic Unrelated I was curious, I know this is gonna get shat on.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 20160604_145842.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160604_145842.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Pic Unrelated

I was curious, I know this is gonna get shat on. Has anyone here brought an Umbrella while /out/? It was pouring rain the day I planned to leave last week, and was going to cancel my hike it was so bad. Instead, I left my friends cabin with a big old umbrella someone left and ventured off for my 2 day trip. It was great. I stayed pretty dry through heavy down pours and I was able to sit under it (it was pretty fucking big) to get a nice little fire going to catch some fish. Its funny, it was so easy to strap on my back, I feel like I should have used one before.

Hey, it worked.
>>
File: as1310_allsport_suit._104.jpg (374KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
as1310_allsport_suit._104.jpg
374KB, 1600x1600px
>>819868
Nothin wrong with that brĂ¼. The important thiing is you didn't act like a sandy clam and cancel your whole trip! I will say it's much more fun and convenient to have wearable rain gear (keeps your hands free and gives you full coverage but whatever works mang.

I'm going out tomorrow night and we're getting hit with spotty (but possibly severe) thunderstorms. Finally gonna really be able to test the Frogg Toggs I bought this spring!

You can get a suit like this for $30 give or take, you should consider something of the sort.
>>
>>819872
no shit eh? how are those? I was really not looking forward to getting to wet. I have a nice cut on my shoulder (paintball injury, assholes gun was firing to quick and actually wounded me) so I was a little off my game to start. I have been using cheap ass slush pants and a rain jacket my dad had. Both keep me very dry with normal rain but it was quite heavy that day. If wasnt windy so it was just raining cats and dogs straight down.
>>
>>819878
They're pretty good, lightweight and breathable which is a huge plus for anything waterproof. they aren't cheap suffocating rubber, they're some sort of fabric but they're guaranteed 100% waterproof (no water leeching in through seams or through the zipper or anything). I've only worn them in light rain because it's been such a dry year, but they have great reviews. They're very comfy so as long as they prove to be as good for water and wind as they're sposta be I'll be happy.
>>
>>819883
funny story with cheap rain gear. Not saying this set is bad at all, as I have never heard of them let alone worn them.

I went on a portage trip with this chick I was digging. She was all into the outdoors stuff, I was young and poor and didn't know anything outside of wearing hiking boots to hike.

Anyhow, as I was poor as fuck I went to the chain store in my area and got the cheapest gear I could find. This cheap as fuck yellow rainsuit, I looked like a child.

First day one leg ripped.
Later in the day it ripped at an arm pit.
Second day the other leg ripped. All the seams were falling apart in the middle of nowhere. She was laughing at me in her proper fitted gear while I was guzzling beern*ya, I brough 30 beers on a portage trip...)didnt bother me with the weight though. dealing with my wet clothes underneath, I just stuck my dry socks in plastic bags and tied a rope around them. Great way to get trench foot, would have if I was out there for longer than the 4 days. Luckily it stopped raining.

The whole fucking suit fell apart. Both arm pits shredded, both seams on the legs, it was a disaster. That was when I learned about having important stuff with you on multi day trips.
>>
yes, nothing stupid about being prepared

>went out last week
>looked fine
>very low chance of rain
>ends up pouring on and off
>almost didn't take an umbrella
>>
>>820048
not clicking.

no advertising here!
>>
File: NoThanks.jpg (23KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
NoThanks.jpg
23KB, 640x360px
>>820104

/out/ is not a racist board.

>go away
>>
I've looked at frog toggs a few times...I'm on the fence about them.

I prefer stuff like my Columbia parka which I can use as just a rain layer or zip insulation in to usually. But it's on its last legs after 6 years...
>>
>>819868

In Ontario where I live, alot of hikers strap there gear on there shitty army surplus bags which are not water proof. They lash a tarp around there bag and body so all the water drips off. I took this tip and it worked when I was hitchhiking. what works works. better simple than complex
>>
>>820484
i wear frog toggs for rain gear on my motorcycle. they keep the rain out pretty well...but they also keep the rain in. wearing them right after the rain gets done is pure hell.
>>
>>819894
But did you bang her, is the question...
>>
>>820589
He wouldn't be on for 4chan if he was getting laid.
>>
>>820560
so mean. If your car broke down and a black stopped, would you let him help you
>>
>>820496
that is pretty smart. will try that.
>>
>>820604
Would he mug me?
>>
>>820763
you must live a sad life. Bye.
>>
File: rule3.png (7KB, 350x112px) Image search: [Google]
rule3.png
7KB, 350x112px
>>820560
actually it does
>>
>>820819
makes me sad, to be honest. going /out/ has nothing to do with the colour of your skin. I have been taught skills by so many people of different colours. Fishing in Barbados and being taught all about Scuba diving is the product of blacks. I skinned a cow in a field with a brown friend, in the middle of a field in Ontario. Guess I'm a fucking idiot for doing those things
>>
>>820833
yeah sad life you have
>>
>>821077
>What are you still here

Read before you post you idiot.
>>
>>819868
interesting
>>
>>819868
All the time, it's how I hide my flesh light and dragon dildo.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.