[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on the Lifestraw? Do any of you use it? Does it work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: lifestraw2[1].jpg (210KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
lifestraw2[1].jpg
210KB, 1200x800px
Thoughts on the Lifestraw? Do any of you use it? Does it work?
>>
>>819774

Looks like a dumb gimmick. I have a Katadyn water pump that plugs directly into my bladders that will work everywhere a life straw will, and if I want to go UL i can use iodine tablets. I can't envision a situation where a lifestraw is less inconvenient than either of those two options.

Also, is the op pic how you use them? Do they realize how stupid that looks?
>>
>>819774
>not using a container to drink from using the straw

Just clog my shit up.
>>
>>819774
Not the best filter filter, but I guess it's a filter. Sawyer mini is probably better. Regular sawyer probably even better.
>>
>>819774
My granny bought me one cause she knew I like camping, I take it cause it's better then nothing I guess
>>
>>819774
/out/ typically hates it and gets mad at threads like these.

The rational among us allow that it works fine as a filter but is physically larger and heavier than peers, like the Sawyer mini. I got one free and keep it in my truck. Have used it twice while fishing and it works fine as a filter.

Is your life going to totally fucking collapse if you buy one? No. Are there better choices? Sure.
>>
>Fill up pouch
>Drop some tablets in

Good to go
>>
>>819830
>fill up pouch
>drop tablets in
>wait 2 hours
>water tastes like shit
>less healthy than filtered water
>>
I never understood the hate on here against the Life Straw. Its been tested under more rigours conditions 'compared to the sawyer mini' and used in a ton of major shit holes and worked perfectly. Just get a large mouth bottle and your set
>>
>>819823
You better get off this website man. You're nice and have good advice
>>
>>819774
Just drink your own piss like a man, fucking pussy.
>>
Good friends with a lady in their marketing dept. got Lifestraw "Go" water bottle and its fucking awesome. Didn't find it worth the money, but because I got it for free not i really see the value.
>>
>>819779
>concerning yourself with how you look alone in the middle of fucking nowhere
>>
>>819830
what happens if you run out of tablets?

the sawyer mini can filter "up to 100,000 gallons." I seriously doubt you can carry that many tablets, and if you tried you'd have to declare bankruptcy.
>>
>>819847
Wouldn't a mason jar work fine as well?
>>
>>819886
for sure
>>
>>819886
they can break, get a metal jar
>>
>>819774
Toss it in your first aid kit but rely on something else if you seriously plan on using area water as your only water source
>>
>>819875

It look stupid because he's lying prone on a river bank in a position that isn't even conducive to drinking in the first place.
>>
>>819877
>he sawyer mini can filter "up to 100,000 gallons."
Haven't they had numerous complaints about that number not being anywhere near correct? Pretty much every other filter I've ever seen does maybe 100L.
>>
>>820017
No because noone has ever tried to do more than 100 gallons
>>
>>819774
It's cheap and works.
>>
>>819843
>not filter and use tablets also
>>
>>819992
t. Activated almonds
>>
>dad just bought me a cheap chinese made life straw knockoff
>not sure if I want to use it
>>
>>821170
Your dad hates you
>>
>>820151
Perhaps complaint was the wrong word, but I swear I've seen something about the claim being called into question as being dubious at best. If not, what makes their filter different?
>>
>>819774
No, it's a shit. Sawyer is infinitely better. Now stop posting this thread lifestraw marketing department.
>>
>>819874
>>819847
>>819877
Shill it to the MAXX!!!!
>>
>>821239

He's an ebay impulse buyer and a cheapskate. He buys a ton of cheap, junky chinese made goods, and resultingly he has like 100 flashlights and none of them work, 2 dozen knives and they're all crap that breaks on you (literally watched one break as he cut a thin rope from around a tree, handle crumbled and the blade fell off), etc. desu I think he buys stuff just to buy it, and simply gives me some to justify his habit.

Should I give it to goodwill and buy a decent filter instead? All I imagine is lead poisoning.
>>
>>819774
I find the Sawyer Mini more versatile, but meh.
>>
>>821370
Again, why does your imaginary concern matter when no way will you ever go over 100 gallons
>>
>>821462
If you had asbestos laced clothes would you give them to Goodwill? Sounds like he has depression or some unresolved conflict but buying low quality outdoor gear is life threatening
>>
>>819830
Tablets made my water taste like crap, and my nalgene bottles held onto the taste and smell forever until I threw em out.
Never again senpai.
>>
For my local day hikes I carry all my water. I have a pair of life straws in my emergency bag. I plan on getting a gravity works for my longer hikes. I don't know that the life straws are a good hiking or camping filter but they might be just right for shtf.
>>
>>821499

He has issues but gets buttflustered if you suggest anything.

> life threatening

To goodwill it goes.
>>
File: 1460387997886.jpg (141KB, 560x510px) Image search: [Google]
1460387997886.jpg
141KB, 560x510px
>>821497
>no way will you ever go over 100 gallons
>implying that matters at all as companies shouldn't make bullshit claims about product lifespan
>implying you know anything about my camping frequency and water usage during such
>>
What if you accidentally drink from the other end?
>>
>>821603
Then it's a deathstraw
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.