[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Binoculars (general?)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1750151.jpg (27KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1750151.jpg
27KB, 800x600px
Sup /out/!

Figured this topic was better for this board than /k/.

I am on the lookout for a new pair of binoculars.

I figure the 300-400usd limit is where I'd settle.
I don't really mind chromabs, but it would be nice to try something fancy for once too.

Uses will be out and about and also hunting. I would prefer large lenses but it has to be lightweight before that. Zoom seems to be difficult to find but would be nice as well. Weatherproofing isn't a big deal.

From what I've found so far out of 400ish binoculars:

Nikon Aculon T11 8-24x25
Nikon Aculon A211 10-22x50
Helios Powermaster 13-40X80
Vortex Diamondback 8X42

All of these are around the 180usd range and I reckon it's a good range for my needs. But my knowledge of what's "a must" for the higher end is very low. Coatings and glass obviously gets better the higher you go, but there's a point where you pay large sums for minimal improvements.

Does /k/out/ have a list maybe?
>>
>>819458

Those you mentioned are worthless crap, if you want a good and cheap one, you should look for russian military ones like
http://www.baigish.ru/
Solid quality that does not go blind after a fiew years.
If you want highest quality buy german ones.
>>
>>819458
try ebay
>>
>>819570
Worthless how?

I don't trust the russians with anything.

>>819589
Ebay is a bad place. Worse than the russians.
>>
>>819595

Lenses get blind over time, the prisms fall out of place and things like that.
You donĀ“t need to trust the russians or like them, but they make robust binoculars that will please your kids, after your demise.
I own a baigish 8x30 since i was a kid, which is about 40years ago, it still has brilliant optics.
As i already said german ones are the best, but they are much more expensive.
>>
>>819604

Sorry, forgot to name the german brands like Steiner or Zeiss that equal or top russian quality.
Best binoculars you can buy for your money come from my home austria, but honestly, fiew people will enjoy there prices.
http://at.swarovskioptik.com/
>>
>>819604
It's not a binocular I will use for a very long time, it will be upgraded.

Swarovski and Zeiss are brands that are too highly priced for what they give in my price range.
>>
>>819615

Steiner will be worth a look, they are affordable.
If you are planning to upgrade , the case for a cheap russian one gets stronger. Probably you will never want to replace it, like me.
Try a 8X30 which is a good overall binocular and will probably cost you around 100 Dollar.
>>
>>819623
Indeed, Steiner seems like the perfect brand for me.

I don't understand why there aren't more zoom binoculars though.

I do want to get a pair of observation binoculars in the future, the 100-120mm lens kind.
Know if the russians do any of those? That site only had a spotting scope.
>>
>>819458
Just get 8x since that's about the most power that's usable for handheld binos wit no monopod or whatever. Pick a diameter consistent with how much weight you want to carry.

I got Bushnell legend ultra HD 8x42. Excellent quality, great for low light. I think they were 180? But man they're heavy if you're putting in miles or hanging them off your neck for a while
>>
>>819604
How long does it take for lenses to go blind?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.