[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Backpack General: Carry-on Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1077.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1077.png
1MB, 640x1136px
What's the largest backpack that you've been able to carry onto a plane?

Any tips to avoid issues at the counter?

I hate checking bags. Esp in 3r world countries I don't trust the baggage handlers or the airlines.
>>
File: 20160721_061933_Richtone(HDR).jpg (262KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20160721_061933_Richtone(HDR).jpg
262KB, 1280x720px
I have this Lowe Alpine Contour 90+15 (pic right) that I would like to take on my next trip but I'm afraid it's too big. I could probably make it small enough, but I'm afraid the big straps and waistband are gonna get in the way.

any thoughts?

I've taken the fake northface (far left) on many flights, super stuffed with no problems. It's a pain in the ass for security but carries alot

The Lowe is probably just too big though... so I might have to take the vintage Mountain Equipment bag (pic middle). It looks awesome, but it has serious drawbacks like comfort and probably breaking any moment
>>
If it's just travel and not innawoods/gear hauling stuff I use an Osprey Porter 46. It's designed specifically to fit in an overhead compartment and all the straps zip away. I've traveled for a couple months at a time with it.
>>
>>819060
Took a fully loaded 40L pack with a 5L additional pouch. No one batted an eyelid.
>>
>>819060
I took a 70L pack from Bozeman to Vancouver to Vladivostok to Kathmandu once. No problems until I got back into US customs and they made take every, single, fucking, thing out of it and explain what it was before they'd let me back in my own freaking country.
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 400x267px
I don't think my pilot minds.
>>
>>819117
You carried it on the plane or did you have to check it?
>>
this should help
>>
>>819060
check with the airline, they always have cary on baggage size/weight limits on their websites.

i have found you can generally push the size a tiny bit but i wouldn't fuck with the weight limits, that part is sometimes measured on their scales, rather than the general eyeballing that size limits are gauged by.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.