[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sweaty Socks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Socks.jpg (32KB, 400x383px) Image search: [Google]
Socks.jpg
32KB, 400x383px
Hey, /out/. I don't know if this is the proper board to ask, but I have a very annoying problem. It's getting rather cold where I live and my feet sweat easily. It's not usually a problem but recently it has gotten very cold and I have experienced negative temperatures (on a Celcius scale). This is in and of itself bad, but my feet get the worst part of it:
>they get cold
>I put an extra pair of socks
>they sweat
>the sweat cools down
>I feel cold again (and wet)

All my socks are 80%+ cotton made. Is that a problem? What to do?
TIA
>>
Use wool. Cotton has its places, but socks is not one of them.
>>
>>818918
if it's super bad, wear dry wicking socks made from polyesther (expensiv!) under a pair of wool socks. Yes even in sommer, wear the big ones, they will isolate you from the heat outside. Switch socks during lunch.
>>
You need new feet
>>
File: BEUTBEAUT.jpg (30KB, 500x472px) Image search: [Google]
BEUTBEAUT.jpg
30KB, 500x472px
>>818918
you need jungle boots they will solve your sweaty foot issue.
>>
>>818918
You have two options:

1) two pairs of socks, cotton on the inside, wool on the outside
2) synthetic (or part-wool) hiking socks.

I tried the former and found boots were too small for two pairs of socks, but the latter solved my problems.
>>
never put on multiple pairs of socks, if you ABSOLUTELY MUST then two pair, never more, thats some hobo wisdom there, trust me,it will kill your feet and necroticism is not fun.

also, where the fuck do you live that its getting cold now and you have never experianced negatives before? like the equater or something? damn man
>>
File: 1439784285782.jpg (10KB, 200x180px) Image search: [Google]
1439784285782.jpg
10KB, 200x180px
>>819015
>>
>>818918
Just get synthetic or wool socks. I wouldn't recommend 2 pairs. Not even sure if I'd recommend a liner and a sock.
>>
Get a thin liner sock, and then a wool sock over it preferably. But a tight fitting liner is more important.
>>
>>819093
>also, where the fuck do you live that its getting cold now
What is the southern hemisphere
>>
File: image.jpg (235KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
235KB, 1000x1000px
>>818918
Toe socks. Great for avoiding sweaty cold feet.

Also as anons said, avoid cotton.
>>
>>818918
Get wool socks. They'll run you $10-$15 for a single pair, but god damn they last and are worth it.

Wool wicks away moisture from your skin and also keeps you warm. They don't hold an odor. They're like magic. No memes, it's about as perfect a material as you can get for human feet.
>>
>>818918
first part of this is what you need to know, but the whole thing is worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07hYzpX7UeI
>>
>>818918
Remember, Cotton kills, esp. with socks
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.