[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>QUICK! Post your favorite just add water food when /out/side

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 12

File: counting.jpg (42KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
counting.jpg
42KB, 450x450px
>QUICK! Post your favorite just add water food when /out/side
>>
Mountain house beef stroganoff is based desu
>>
>>818555
"Trips dont lie" Shakira
>>
File: jerseyshore.jpg (14KB, 202x249px) Image search: [Google]
jerseyshore.jpg
14KB, 202x249px
Chili mac with beef did not live up to the hype for me.

I endorse
>>
>>818555
This isn't even one of the better mountain house meals

Also
>checked
>>
Hard to beat Mountain House, I buy the #10 cans and have Mylar ziplock bags to dose em out myself to bring the cost down. Also do some Honeyville big cans as well. I generally prefer the Honeyville line (less salt in it for one thing and a nicer taste) but I can't find good pricing on them like I do for the Mountain House. If you look you can find Mountain House for 15 bucks/can. I get 5 meals out of a can (2 cups, about the same as a pouch, they recommend 1 cup servings). Thats 3 bucks a meal, and it's a good sized meal.

The Mylar bags are cheap on amazon/ebay just make sure they are rated for food. I bought a 100 pack like 5 years ago and only used like 20 or so bags so far and I could probably reuse them more but I chuck em after like 10 uses. Thought about getting an additional mug with lid that would be just for meals and just bring the food in a regular ziplock.

I have tired buying base freeze dried ingredients and making up meals on my own. It would bring cost even lower and let me control salt content. Just still working out ratio on ingredients to simulate Beef Stroganoff/Chili Mac/Rotini with Meat Sauce bought from Mountain House.

Had a few threads on it with varying degrees of interest. Gonna wait till I got recipes down pat then make some JewTube video series about it.
>>
Instant mashed potatoes are pretty good, but I like to bring rice and beans. Takes longer to make, but I think it's worth it.

I've also got a soft spot for dehydrated hash browns.
>>
File: 510145.jpg (49KB, 361x440px) Image search: [Google]
510145.jpg
49KB, 361x440px
Mountain house lasagna. Stock up when it's on sale and it's pretty cheap, doesn't have the mega dose of salt that can make it hard to eat the whole pouch of their other meals. Decent amount of protein. It's basically beefaroni, but better.
>>
>>818601
You shut your dirty mouth.

>>818555
The Beef stroganoff is amazing.
>>
I've been making my own meals from various dry, dehydrated, and freeze dried ingredients. Then I get the Mylar bags, as has been mentioned. Some of the premade freeze dried stuff has way too much sodium for me. I make stuff in the few days before I go on a trip, and then I don't have to worry about it going bad.
>>
File: YFZUC.jpg.jpg (81KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
YFZUC.jpg.jpg
81KB, 600x600px
>>818550
There is only 1 acceptable answer.
>>
I'm going on a 4 day trip soon, gonna break out the dehydrator and make this: http://www.thrueat.com/backpacking-recipes/chicken-thai-curry

as well as buy some of that idahoan and knorr pasta shit.
>>
File: img_mealN_13.jpg (71KB, 253x295px) Image search: [Google]
img_mealN_13.jpg
71KB, 253x295px
No Ramen?
>>
>>818569
Do you need to add butter or does it taste okay without it?
>>
File: consider.gif (494KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
consider.gif
494KB, 500x374px
>>818550

Don't cook any of these pouch dealies in the bag. They are not designed for that. Plastic melts off the lining of the bag and gets into your food along with chemicals you don't want to ingest.
>>
>>818550
Oatmeal.
>>
>>818550
Bought this flavor, 4 cheese, and sour cream and chive after seeing this thread.

Have never tried the stuff before but the bacon and chipotle was alright. Got a little old halfway thru though. I'm excited to try 4 cheese.
>>
>>818550
Minute rice, and powdered sugar, and some salt. Like for 1 cup of water. Add like 2 or 3 tablespoons of powered sugar. And like a teaspoon of salt. And just cook it normally to a boil and pour the rice in. Makes the rice really sweet.. Good for just having it plain. And everything is dry ingredients.

Ive thought about bringing refried beans and flour tortillas and the rest dry ingredients. But seems like too much. And without some lemon juice and heavy salt or lots of oil for frying. Any fish I catch to combine with the refried beans would just taste too fishy for me.
>>
>>820573
Do youbgrind this? How do you get the granules to mix evenly with the sugar?

I usually pack coffee separate and mix some powdered milk and sugar. The sugar keeps the powdered milk from clumping.

I'm looking for a way to mix all three though.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (109KB, 391x500px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
109KB, 391x500px
>>818550
>>818550
>>
>>820574
You're right, he's an engineer.
Now fuck off, Bill Nye is GOAT
>>
>>821639
Leaf detected. Looks delicious, I want some now.
>>
>>820235
Mountain house is the fucking best
Their pepper steak is delicious and has a ton of protein and calories
Their biscuits and gravy are also great to start the day with
>>
>>822306
2/10
Go back 2 /b/
>>
>>818550

You posted it. I like the 4-cheese but they are all tasty. I also purchase some of the Oscar Mayer real bacon pieces (zip top bag...packable) and add those to it. If I'm solo, I take one of these and split it in zip-top snack bags.

I also like the Knorr rice mixes - chicken mixed with Sweet Sue chicken in a pouch and some pepper is a great meal.
>>
>>820039
>>820235
>>820251
It could be that I live in The South and sweat profusely when exercising, but I need all of that salt in the meals and I suspect it is there for people like me. When I worked in a foundry the foreman enforced a rule that everyone had to a packet of salt to their lunch. He said that it ended the problem of people dropping from the heat.
>>
>>822263
I am not a leaf i am a human
>>
>>820528
It's alright without it. Seems to help alleviate sticking as much as anything.
>>
>>820039
Where do you find them for $15? I can't find them for less than $22-40 fo the #10 cans, depending on the type. I've got to call bullshit unless you can tell where they are that cheap.
>>
File: 24263-1_lg.jpg (268KB, 533x768px) Image search: [Google]
24263-1_lg.jpg
268KB, 533x768px
This with a decent quality stock cube or 2 always satifies me haha.
>>
>>820235

I picked up a bag of Mountain House pad thai, based on recommendations from /out/ just to give it a try last year during turkey hunting it was HORRIBLE!
>>
>>820522
Coming from a asian. Damn i love instant noodles. So many different flavours and variety, everyone can find their own taste.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>822933
Wut is ur fav stock cube?
>>
File: 30000261903.jpg (236KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
30000261903.jpg
236KB, 600x600px
>>820522
These are delish.

I can picture foraging my own mushrooms and some green onions to add to that and it would be heaven.

I love having pic related for breakfast.
>>
>>823766
TOPKEK.

The more I look at it the funnier it gets.

Nothing like the good ole taste of COCK in my mouth.
>>
>>823606
pad thai is a flavor that's best fresh. Trusting a freeze-dried, dehydrated version to be good is just a bad gamble.
>>
>>821639
>adding water to cereal
What the fuck
>>
File: 1466980387484.jpg (32KB, 668x429px) Image search: [Google]
1466980387484.jpg
32KB, 668x429px
>>823984
hard times anon hard times
>>
>>823786
Fucking this, based oatmeal
Absolutely delicious, I always bring along a packet of hot cocoa mix as well to drink with breakfast
>>
I bring plenty of dehydrated water. Can never have too much water
>>
Might sound weird but Ramen with instant mashed potatoes is a nice carb boost.
>>
Beef jerky and hardtack. Water to drink.

Why are all of you such consuming pussies? That shit is terrible.
>>
>oats
>water
>5 minutes on the fire
done
>>
File: Portage-Creek-Brook-Trout.jpg (370KB, 3504x2336px) Image search: [Google]
Portage-Creek-Brook-Trout.jpg
370KB, 3504x2336px
I prefer food that I just remove water while /out/
>>
>>823794
That's because it's authentic Jamaican cock
>>
>>818555
Oh shit. That's my favorite mountain house.
God damn I miss it
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.