[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where to buy a Coa De Jima

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (116KB, 505x760px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116KB, 505x760px
A Coa de Jima is a tool used for harvesting agaves.
A friend of mine has been looking for one for a while for use in his garden, but hasn't made any progress in his search. Any help would be much appreciated
>>
>>818427
That is clearly a great white pineapple
>>
>>818427
You literally have to get onto Mexican internet and speak Spanish to find that shit. There's a few other tools that are super hard to find in the USA like that. A good "Metate y Metlapil" is hard to find, most are not designed correctly. A Molcajete is much easier to find, but there are lots of cement fakes. I lucked out and found one at an antique store. Fast forward ten years and they are everywhere online.

But, at least it has been getting easier the older the internet gets.

The problem with a coa is they are extremely specific tools used only where agave are farmed. Hooking into that sort of market will require some research beyond google and a translator.

Good luck.
>>
>>818427
that edge must have been sharp af when he started
>>
>>818427
just go to a weld shop or make one yourself

it's a very simple tool. I'll make you one for 50 bucks and you pay shipping.
>>
>>818427
>Coa de Jima
get a good carbon-steel shovel and remove the paint. Heat it up and smash it into the shape you want. Then, you have to file in the rough shape and heat to bright yellow before quenching in warm oil of some kind. Motoroil works pretty well. Then take it and degrease it before placing it in an over at around 375-400 deg for at least an hour at a time, letting it cool to room temp each time. This should soften the hardened metal enough to file an edge on there.
>>
Im mexican and im not even know where to buy one. You better go with a blacksmith
>>
>>820583
Es porque sólo en Guadalajara los usan, en el resto del país cultivamos marihuana
>>
Se fabrican con herreros...pero yo tengo uno.
>>
just looks like a less effective brush axe desu
>>
>>818427
Picture looks like a flat round plate, stick welded to a piece of pipe. Desu
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.