[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How The fuck do i fix this loose crank on my bike? I tried socket

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20160717_173623165.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160717_173623165.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
How The fuck do i fix this loose crank on my bike?

I tried socket tool but it wont fucking go in. I tried 4 different sizes and no one want to in. Im sick of going to The store thats får away from me and change The tool
>>
I forgot to mention that the bolt fasterner is inside the hole not outside so I cant use a wrench
>>
>>818091
Damn, that thing is stripped.

Can you get the other crank arm off? If you can get the drive side off, put some spacers on that dide and tighten it back up (assuming that arm is already tightened all the way up against the spindle). Should pull the other arm tight but it's more of a temporary fix.

Know anybody who welds, you could weld a nut on top of that stripped out bolt and try to remove it that way. But you will need a new bolt to replace it.
>>
>>818088
15mm socket. It's worth tightening it to see if it works, but if you rode it loose you more than likely need a new crank arm because the hole has worn.

>>818110
It's not stripped, it's just a bad photo and your screen sucks.

Tightening one side on that kind of crank won't do anything to the other side, I don't know why you think it would but you should probably stop answering questions about bikes.
>>
>>818117
Have you built a bmx style 3pc crank?

On the iphone screen and from the description, it's either stripped as fuck or that lip is bent over. If the arms aren't both pushed all the way up the splines and OP can't tighten the left arm that is loose, he might be able to slide some spacers (19mm or 22mm?) on the right side of the spindle and then tighten that side up. It would pull the spindle and left arm up against the BB enough to keep the left arm from wobbling.

Assuming that's what is going on in the pic.m (left arm is loose, left bolt stripped)

Idk why you hate soda so much. Is it not salty enough for you?
>>
>>818171
>>818117
But like I said my fix wouldn't be great for the long term because those cranks without pinch bolts are best pushed all the way to the end of the splines. I think I saw a chain guard in the OP pic tho so OP probably isn't going too hard on them.
>>
>>818088

>>>/n/
>>
File: cotterless2sm.jpg (22KB, 500x356px) Image search: [Google]
cotterless2sm.jpg
22KB, 500x356px
>>818171
No, I only ride and repair adult bikes, but I don't think that's a BMX crank. Looks like a standard low end cotterless crank to me, and I'd guess it's square taper if it's cheap. The crank bolt is hard to see because of the flash and the dirt but the flats are sound, and those bolts are usually 15mm.
>>
>>818225
This
op is a faggot
>>
>>818468
>"only ride adult bikes"
>can't figure something out for himself

Any 12-yr old with a bmx bike would be able to solve something like this for himself with a very limited selection of tools.
>>
>>819095
Pepsi pls

>>818468
Ok, now look at that picture you posted and use your imagination and common sense here, if OP were to tighten the opposite arm, it would pull the spindle further to the side he is tightening, pulling the opposite arm up against the BB, and tighten up the arm that is stripped or he can't tighten for whatever reason.

>>819095
If OP really just can't find the right size socket, he needs help beyond 4chan.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.