[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Share your near death experiences while /out/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 42

File: 2448170_caaa6d07.jpg (102KB, 640x371px) Image search: [Google]
2448170_caaa6d07.jpg
102KB, 640x371px
Share your near death experiences while /out/?
>>
>>817900
This happened in Seaside, OR. Went for the weekend with friends for one of their graduation gifts
>Decide I want to see a lighthouse off the coast, we could see it from the hotel but it was easily a 3-4 hour walk along the coast
>Make it there in time - tide still relatively low
>On the way back I notice my path has been blocked off by the ocean
>3 inlets in a row like pic related above, think I'll just push my way through the waves and grab onto the walls
>Get stuck in midde inlet while tide continues to rise, now soaking wet and cut from being pushed into the barnacles
>Have to spend the night on a rocky outcrop freezing my ass off paranoid I was going to nod off from hypothermia
>>
Natural selection almost got your stupid ass, OP.
>not knowing how tides work
>>
I once went mountainbiking and fell forward over a root and faceplanted like 10 cm next to a big sharp rock. That thing would have hit me right between the eyes if I had been a tad to the right. Never mountainbiked carelessly after that
>>
>>818207
>be a baguette
>go by the sea with my friends
>some muzzie with a truck tries to run us over
such is life in northern algeria
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
I was hiking on an off beat trail and had to piss. I kinda hid behind this tree and I start peeing. I looked ahead at the tree and this face in the moss was staring back at me. I screamed like a little bitch "AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!" and this little bird flew out at me and almost took me out. It then flew around and started attacking me, I was still peeing. Then it flew off somewhere.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>818300
I looked at where it was stalking me and I saw this. I almost lost my life that day.
>>
>be hiking after heavy rain
>Giant loud cracking sound behind us
>30 foot tree fell directly along the path we'd been walking down about a minute or two previously

That was fuckin freaky.
>>
>>818206
It's always tripping and falling that will get you.

>line of tree stumps by trail
>end up hopping from stump to stump instead of the trail
>one of the stumps is rotted inside
>momentum causes me to hyperextend my knee just a little bit
>ridiculous amount of pain, to the point where I get light headed
>sit on my ass for a couple minutes and then fine again
>walk back
>>
>be gooning it up on motorbike
>see a turn appear with a "20 mph" sign on it
>72 mph on speedo
>go for it
>fail because a truck was making a wide turn and was in my lane

I went off the road straight for a telephone pole. My back tire hit it and knocked the cables down while I went flying off a good 50 feet. I just lied there for a good 5 minutes thinking about how I could have died.

Truck never stopped either.
>>
>biking in staffordshire on a track
>come to a v.steep slope, too steep to bike down
>at bottom of slope around 2/3 metres away there is 30/40ft fall
>think i can walk down this slope
>start walking but someone placed rubber mesh on slope for bikes i guess????
>slide on the rubber mesh with my bike in one hand and other hand on floor to keep balance
>sliding down drop and my shitty boots from Mountain Warehouse keeping me up
>trying to slow down cause of drop
>manage to drag fingers across rubber mesh and stop at bottom
>bike is still upright in my right hand!!!
>fingers on left hands grazed and bruised to fuck
>stop safely at the bottom and hop back onto the bike hoping no-one saw me.

probably wouldn't have died from a 30ft drop but still was scary and I class my boots as saving me cause they had pretty much no grooves allowing me to slide down smoothly.
>>
>>818373
idk why i bring my bike out anymore cause once i'm out, the bike is always such a hindrance when i wanna go off into overgrown shit and uphill
>>
File: almost_dead.jpg (863KB, 1026x2000px) Image search: [Google]
almost_dead.jpg
863KB, 1026x2000px
I fell out of a tower i was building and almost got impaled but didn't, but i smashed my legs up pretty bad and puked and had to drag myself through the woods back to the house... didn't die tho pic related

i got struck by lightning through the house once several years ago during a severe thunderstorm and tornado (house got struck, the bolt followed the electrical conduit down into the basement where i was huddled and it arc'd through me... didn't die tho pic related

i got hit by a car at x-marks-the-spot when i was riding my bike. i bounced off the windshielf, smashed my knee into the pavement, and almost got run-over by several cars whipping down the street. the lady who hit me froze, the traffic honked and swerved around me, and the only person who came to actually help me was a homeless guy who was lounging under that billboard and saw the whole thing. fuck LA sucks. i couldn't walk for a week and my bike was totalled... didn't die tho pic related
>>
>walking down trail
>it opens up at a very shallow river crossing
>cross river
>take a big step to get up on the bank
>catch a tree root as I'm lifting my leg
>fall forward with my hand out in front of me
>back leg slips out from under me and I fall sideways instead of into the bank
>hit head on massive slab or granit
>break my jaw
>nose is gushing blood
>had to sit in the river just trying to not pass out for an hour or so
>>
>>818385
jesus fuck that's horrible. were you waiting for a passerby to happen upon you or did you call someone?
>>
>>818383
>didn't die tho
Thanks for clearing that up
>>
>>818386
Na I just had to wait till I wasn't so light headed. Thankfully I wasn't too far down the trail so it didn't take me long to get back but once I did I had to call someone to drive me home cause that shit hurt
>>
File: geeps_gh.png (8KB, 261x195px) Image search: [Google]
geeps_gh.png
8KB, 261x195px
>>818391
you never know who might be a ghost-poster anon
>>
>be me
>walking my dogs up a slickrock canyon in southwestern Colorado
>following them up the canyon
>higher and higher
>watching the ground for arrowheads and snakes
>not really paying attention to where we're going
>crossing some slickrock face behind the dogs and the front dog slips and starts to go down
>realize I'm on a 3 inch wide flat shelf at the top of a 200 foot cliff, and the part above and below is too steep to stand on
>turn around to go back
>just as my feet face down to turn I slip and land on my ass
>start sliding to the drop
>rock gets steeper as I go
>trying to grip the cliff with my ass cheeks, arms spread out like jesus on the cross
>still sliding towards the drop, rock is getting steeper
>I lay flat and watch my life flash before my eyes. I see the future I'll never have. I see my family cry at my funeral. I see the children I won't ever meet.
>stop sliding.
>lay flat scared to move, saying OHSHITOHSHITOHSHITOHSHIT for at least 15 minutes
>flat dirt is about 5 feet to my left, I'm afraid when I dive for it I'll slip and go down instead of to safety
>finally get enough courage to roll and scramble and dive all at once, making it off the ledge
>spend an hour looking at that cliff from every angle until it's seared into my memory
>never go back
>>
>>818401
Where the doggo's ok? Glad your ok too
>>
File: P7190041 (1024x769).jpg (469KB, 1024x769px) Image search: [Google]
P7190041 (1024x769).jpg
469KB, 1024x769px
>>818410
Yeah, they didn't care at all. No fear so they just scrambled up the rock to the other side with their claws, then turned around and recrossed the cliff like it was nothing.

Pic related, a 35mm pic I took of them wallering in a little spring right below the cliff I almost slid off of. About 20 minutes before my near-demise. The ground at the bottom of the cliff was nice and sandy but I couldn't help imagining while I was on that rock praying to shit what it would feel like when my hips shattered and my legs were rammed into my armpits. I wondered how long it would hurt.

a lot can go through your mind in just a couple seconds of panic. Mostly "oh fuck I screwed up and I can't take it back."
>>
File: thecliff.jpg (342KB, 1528x1019px) Image search: [Google]
thecliff.jpg
342KB, 1528x1019px
>>818401
Not as close to death as your story and led by my own stupidity. I saw this face and wanted to see if I could get over and down it to hike the trail my parents didn't want to drive the boat over to because the water was full of logs and other debris. I hiked up the face wearing those jesus type sandals that wrap around the top of your feet and they fell apart by the time I made it to the top I enjoyed the beautiful views and realized I wasn't getting down on the other side and headed back the way I came. I slid down about 40 feet and got a good pedicure on my feet and dropped my camera which survived tumbling down the mountain and it didn't fall in the water. It was quite the adrenaline rush and could've gone much worse. Sorry for no
>greentext
>>
File: nopeexe.jpg (369KB, 1659x1106px) Image search: [Google]
nopeexe.jpg
369KB, 1659x1106px
>>818609
Here's a picture of my tracks from sliding down the face.
>>
>>818609
is that lake powell? it looks a lot like the rock I slipped on. Mine was at the very top of rattlesnake canyon just below Colorado National Monument.

that stuff kills people fairly often. It slopes so gradually that people walk out on it and before they know it they've gone too far and can't come back.
>>
File: CHONKLAS.jpg (289KB, 1585x1057px) Image search: [Google]
CHONKLAS.jpg
289KB, 1585x1057px
>>818619
Yes it is lake Powell one of the most beautiful places in the world. The trail I wanted to get to was the one to Defiance House some ancient Indian dwellings inhabited in the 1200's. The finger I was in is called Forgotten Canyon. I've been up and down the entire lake (not all the fingers) and I fucking love it.
Pic related my stupid fucking sandals because I forgot my boots that day.
>>
went hiking with this autistic black girl who blew her emergency whistle in time with each of her steps almost jumped off clif but instead pushed her off clif
>>
>be horseriding on the beach last december
>be galopping, going about 35 mph
>somehow don't see massive post, I don't know how as I can't remember jack shit of the actual accident
>horse jumps to the right at the last second
>fall off, hit post head-on
>wake up in hospital
>nose broken, lower jaw broken, upper jaw broken, top left canine teeth gone, part of my left eye socket completely shattered and left lung collapsed
>doctors say it's a miracle I have no brain damage and my eyes didn't even have a scratch
>if wasn't wearing my cap I would probably have died
>took multiple doctors over 7 hours spread over 2 surgeries to fix most of my shit
>jaws are locked together so my jawbones can heal, massive scar on my cheekbone, dried blood everywhere
>spent week in hostipal
>get home again
>endurance completely gone

I made a good recovery fortunately and picked up horseriding again in april
>>
File: erosion.jpg (49KB, 470x294px) Image search: [Google]
erosion.jpg
49KB, 470x294px
>>818373
>someone placed rubber mesh on slope

Erosion control or grass retention. Pic related. Some grass parking lots here have them on flat areas to keep the grass growing (also prevents getting stuck when it's wet), see them on trails with heavy slopes and occasionally on shorelines.
>>
>>818593
>Goldens

Best. Puppers. Ever.
>>
>2hrs into first hike, on a mountain
>following markers placed on trees
>markers disappear
>find a rock face, can't see any easy way around it
>5 metres high, decide to scale it, no equipment
>slate
>start climbing, lose footing as the slate breaks off
>drag feet across the rock face, shredding it while looking for a grip
>ground is too far away at this point, only way is up
>think to myself "you fucking idiot anon, this is how it's going to happen? what the fuck man"
>chest to the wall, hang in there for the longest 30 sec of my life, trying not to realise how nervous I am
>keep climbing very slowly, and finish scaling the rock face
>promise myself not to do that again
>>
>>818768
Ah the same thing happened to me, only the slope was full of these disgusting huge black spiders. I started to slide down and grabbed a rock and felt it move... it was one of the spiders. Don't know how I didn't launch off after that
>>
>>817900
>climbing some faces in Colorado
>go up this first pitch trying to get up to a route we had to turn back from the day before because of lightning
>buddy says he's gonna climb up to the next ledge
>tell him I'm just gonna walk around to the path we took the day before because I didn't want to free climb
>start walking around, notice huge gap in the path that I can't cross
>go back to where my buddy climbed up
>a big rock fell when he got to the top and now that route isn't safe to climb
>have to free climb about 15 meters up maybe a 5.6 in boots
>get right to the top and realize that the small ledge I have to clear is covered in dirt so I can't get a handhold
>throw myself over the ledge just to build up momentum
>slam my helmet into a sharp rock on the other side
>helmet cracks and I'm seeing stars but I made it to the top
>get our ropes ready to try the route again
>thunder claps and we have to turn back

Colorado weather blows
>>
>>818825
Go back to California then
>>
ITT: People falling off shit.
Thanks for the stories, I'll be sure not to try and climb anything while /out/.
>>
>be completely novices
>decide to try and do a multi pitch
>starts raining during 2nd pitch
>race up to reach anchor
>tell gf i think she can still do pitch since its slight overhang and a fun climb
>also because i cant just descend to her point because the pitch goes a couple meters to the side
>when clipping belay device out to slide rope she drops device
>i decide to rapel down to her level and swing alongside to her
>dont know about prusic knot
>at the third and last swing to reach her i start slipping on rope because hard to focus on locking rope and reaching with other arm
>just barely reach her at last moment
>scared stiff at her anchor with her for a good 15 minutes
>solves it by rapeling myself down to ground and then rapel her as a normal climb

hard to explain thoroughly but all in all we made a lot of stupid descisions
here is a pic of her scared and ashamed at first pitch anchor
>>
>>818383
>be in LA
>get slammed by moving car into traffic
>no one comes to help but a bum
Sounds about right for LA
>>
>>818994
Oh absolutely. One time a junkie trap collapsed in the middle of a crosswalk (she just huffed WD-40 - the can was clutched in her hand still). Since it happened right next to me I tried to help. Three lanes of traffic yelled at me, a complete stranger and bystander to this situation, to hurry up and get the whore out of the road. Some people helped me pick her up (this is when I saw her giant brown dick up her skirt btw) and I called 911 once she was on the sidewalk. Fucking 911 yelled at me for calling them. A CHP officer of a motorcycle came-by and she fled down the street and he drove straight down the sidewalk on his motorcycle to catch her, meanwhile the 911 dispatcher is yelling at me on the phone and especially pissed for wasting their time once I said she was up and might not need an ambulance afterall.

LA is the fucking worst, I wouldn't call 911 there ever again, not even for myself. And don't ever fucking try to help someone not die either, you're just gonna have a bad time.

And yeah then I got hit by a car a couple months later, nobody called anyone, once again just getting yelled at to get out of the road.
>>
>>817900

>swimming near Galway
>out in maybe 15-20 foot deep water
>swimming down to bottom to pick up rocks and such, because friends couldn't reach that deep and because showoff
>see big rock underwater
>swim down to check out what's shakin
>see big clam type shellfish attached to bottom of huge rock
>try to pry it off
>not coming
>give up
>try to go back to surface since can't hold breath much longer
>arm won't move
>watch caught on rock somehow
>fuck
>pull hard, how does knockoff casio wrist strap be this strong
>heart is racing, realisation of danger
>strange mix of thoughts, both impressed by watch and fuck you casio
>NEED AIR
>realise I am beginning to panic, try to relax and stay calm
>soon as I relax my arm comes free
>lunge towards surface
>fuck this is a long way up
>lungs are screaming
>sweet life-giving air hits face
>gasp upon gasp
>friends swim over, they worried
>play it off like it was nothing
>swim like a normie for the rest of the day
>>
>>819247
Did you ever do the rock walk across the mouth of rusheen Bay? Grab a boulder and walk across the bottom of the channel
>>
>>818242
>be American
>go outside
>get shot
>>
>>819713
lol just put your hands up breh and you'll be fine
>>
>be goat hunting
>gallatin range Montana
>kill booner goat like always
>well time to pack this fucker out
>load whole goat on pack
>slip while climbing down
>fall maybe 20 feet down near vertical slope
>pack catches on jagged rock
>not dead but pants nearly shit
>have to slide out of pack to free self
>pack + goat go sliding down mountain
>I shakily hike down
>never find pack + goat

captcha: find all images of mountains
>>
>>819466
I did not, I am not really that familiar with Galway, it's somewhere me and my buds go camping occasionally. Caught my first pike in lough Corrib, I'd like to get there more but its an 8 hour drive from Derry.
>>
> go /out/
> I think friend packed our water filter
> friend thinks I packed our water filter
> run out of water on day 2
> unbelievable thirst
> silent 3hr drive home feeling like a noob

This was my 2nd or 3rd time /out/, ever
>>
asdas
>>
>be white water rafting in the peruvian andes
>be out for 5 hours already
>reach a relatively simple 5ft drop
>go full kenny loggins and go footloose
>thrown from the raft and end up underneath
>thin canyon, just wide enough for the raft
>end up being dragged along underneath the raft with no way to surface
>drown
>wake on the bank with a peruvian guy resuscitating me
>5 days in hospital to prevent secondary drowning

FYI drowning was extremely pleasant after the initial sensation.
>>
>>820014
Why, 'cause you made out with a Peruvian...? Lols. Also, can you describe the sensation? And I don't mean his lips.
>>
>>819914
At least you have swilly. Amazin kayaking sailing and surfing there
>>
>>818307
Similar has happened to me. Walking with my gf, literally stopped for a few seconds to look at the sunset and the top 15' of a tree broke off and stuck into the ground 6-8 feet in front of us.. I will try to find the picture. Stuff like this makes me skeptical of coincidence...
>>
>>818809
What the fuck kind of spiders were those? Jesus
>>
>>820005
Why didn't you just boil water?
>>
>>818242
>lel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVsdmxGNoQM
>>
File: 1468933759566.gif (613KB, 250x160px) Image search: [Google]
1468933759566.gif
613KB, 250x160px
>>818300
>>
>>817900
>skinnydipping in lake
>suddenly feel penis sucked real soft real nice
>i come
>suddenly lighteaded
>underwater and drowning
>an angel comes lift my head out of water
>tells me a water nymph sucked my life force out trough my penis
>tells me not to skinny dip ever again

it was a close one.
>>
File: flag.png (32KB, 7410x3900px) Image search: [Google]
flag.png
32KB, 7410x3900px
>tfw almost died a slow /in/ death
>tiny bit of blood in poo for long time, thought no biggie
>maybe hemorrhoids or something

>all of a sudden have explosive shits
>queue hospitals, doctors, medication, confusion
>months of constant shitting and weight loss
>almost die from malnutrition

>good now but have permanent disease that requires meds and IV infusions
>hope that I don't become immune to the meds and have to use others like daily injections

If you have anything like blood in your poo, do me a favor and have your shit checked out by a doc.

also oc flag made with proportions from wikipedia
>>
>>821155
Give me medical term for your condition
>>
>>821261
Crohn's
>>
>>821262
But I had C. diff at the same time in the beginning.
>>
>>818593
"A little 35mm pic" it's just a picture, you fucking hipster faggot. Nobody cares that you took it with your shitty plastic hipster film cam. The mode of expression doesn't make the image valuable, it's still just a shitty pic.
>>
>>821264
Isn't that where they cure you by feeding you shit from someone healthy?

Haha shit eater
>>
>>821390
Antibiotics can get rid of it. If they don't work then they do a shit transplant through your ass and the other person's shit bacteria take over the C diff bacteria or something.
>>
>be in the woods with friends and bicycles
>carry a fucking heavy boomblaster with me
>stay innerwoods until maybe 2am
>empty moon, cloudy weather
>decide to ride back
>friends seem to have some kind of super eyes, going about 15km/h
>me myself can't see shit
>just following the noises from the tires of my friends
>the next moment I sit in some thorn bushes
>no injuries, I must have gone over the handlebar. no idea of up and down
>friends laugh at me
>i'm terrified

>>821463
would first try using my wifes buttplug.
>>
>>817900
Climb a very steep scree to find crystals, find some remnants of a geode, already pillaged. look back down, seems impossible to go down : I am on top of this falling scree mixed with slippery grass at a constant 40-50°, 150m down is the trail, one meter behind the trail is a vertical cliff leading to the glacier below. I started to think that some people in hundreds of years will find my body. Adrenaline rushed as rocks were falling under my feet, I managed to go down very slowly and very carefully without putting down half the mountain and me with it. Watched every step, took me 20 min to get back on the trail.
This was the last episode of "hey look brain, this rock looks nice and it's as the guy who always find crystals told you it should look like, please brain don't consider the way to get there and get back, 'cause cryyyystals".
Alps are magical but can be dangerous. There was a near call when I walked through some iced cascade covering a small trail on the hillside in November, vertically it goes as this : a cliff with the iced cascade, trail barred with blue ice all over it, iced cascade again falling on some cliff in the valley. Trail was 1m wide and we were not equipped with anything but it went well because we poured gravel and sand on the ice, just to avoid twenty kilometers detour.
The stupid things you do when you are young...

>>817903
man, you are lucky. I went to french Brittany and Normandy, walked on the beaches and along the cost and was always very careful of the tides.
>>
>>819247
A friend lost his nephew diving a jetty for lost lures. Gets tangled in mono and panics.
Four feet of water.
Me, three close calls surfing.
>>
File: 1415990256866.jpg (4KB, 108x125px) Image search: [Google]
1415990256866.jpg
4KB, 108x125px
not mine, but a fellow cow-orker jim almost died the other night

>comes to yukon from ontario for work
>2 weeks later wants to hike up mountain to pick wild roses for qt- 6 hours total
>end of shift, pouring rain, assume he did not go
>he went
>told him to turn around and he noped
>get message later saying he needs help getting back, assume he is talking about a ride

fuck meme texting on this phone

he free climbed part of a hill and took a deer trail to get back and was lost

11 hours in the rain at night in shorts, a shirt and running shoes

hypothermia was setting in and he was lost as fuck

did not know that google maps === offline GPS

comes back frozen, soaked, full of scratches and holy fuck he was close to death. he took a nap at one point

kid has a lot of moxie tho
>>
>>818314
Truck was an asshole, you both are pieces of shit
>>
>>818383
Look both ways you commiefornia trash. Fucking Jay walk bikes think they own the roads.

Tough luck on the lightning though. And the tower sounds like your own fault
>>
tree fell 5 feet from my tent. the same storm killed 2 people

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/07/21/injured-campers-bwca-storms/
>>
>>821778
the towerfall was my own fault, the lightning was just poor luck, and it wasn't my fault on the bike. i wasn't crossing the street, i was riding down it. stupid bitch drove into me without looking both ways. thanks for playing tho.

OH and I'm not from there, I took a job there that lasted about 6 months and I chose not to stay after. I fucking hate LA.
>>
>>818724

Show us your scar bls
>>
>going to forest to walk around and do some /p/
>find logging road for plantation forests and drive down it
>go pretty deep, find a good spot to park and start heading into forest
>not even a minute later, crest a small hill and stumble upon a wombat den
>literally stumble upon because I didn't notice or expect it
>hear it come out, probs because I was making a racket on the roof of its burrow
>I leg it, leaping over shitty boggy stuff
>get to the car and climb on top
not sure how I made it to the car, wombats are fast as fuck, can do 11m/s at full sprint iirc
>look around and see it charging towards me
>notices that i'm on top, starts fucking about
>headbutts my car a few times (caved in the metal on the door)
>eventually wanders off, I jump into the car and drive off
>need to get a new door

not really life threatening, wombats are dangerous as hell but don't usually kill
still don't know why it was there, it shouldnt have been
>>
>>821388
>it's just a picture, you fucking hipster faggot
I'm saying I took it before digital cameras were invented, sorry for the quality.

holy shit you're a retard. Do they let you out in public?
>>
File: Pls disregard.jpg (44KB, 635x357px) Image search: [Google]
Pls disregard.jpg
44KB, 635x357px
There's this place where i'm from (Nova Scotia, Canada) called Peggy's Cove. It has a light house and large smooth boulders along the shoreline.

It's a very common tourist destination. Problem is, where the rocks turn black along the water, giant waves come seemingly from nowhere and sweep people into the water, subsequently smashing them repeatedly into the rocks and killing them. There are signs everywhere like pic related warning people not to stand on the black rocks. Doesn't seem to stop them though, as every year retarded tourists are killed trying to be photographed on the black rocks.

I swear you could make an album of people smiling on the rocks prior to their untimely deaths.
>>
>>817900
>Be inexperienced outdoorsman
>want to see Alaska
>decide to pack up my .22 and go moose hunting
>can't believe my luck when I actually get one and aren't impaled
>don't really know how to quarter corpse in wild
>lose meat to maggots
>it's ok i'll just head back when I run out of rice
>wait the river is higher in spring for some reason
>stranded without food
>is cool i have a field edibles book
>find lots of wild potato root
>spazz out on plant i'd
>shit now i'm suffering from digestive failure
>at least i'm too thin for the bears now
>die

Wait, did you say "near death experiences?"
>>
i got in a fist fight with a black panther on a cloudy night around 1 am in the mountains in mississippi but no one believes me because black panthers were run out of the state decades ago. i saw it. i heard it's scream. it was a black panther and i fucking beat the shit out of it with my bare fists.
>>
>>822382
>took it before digital cameras were invented
How old are you? Should you really be on the internet granpa?
>>
>>817900
Not so much while /out/ but I got bit by a tick when I was 8, raised red rash, didn't think much of it. 7 years later suicidal all the time, fatigued, crazy as fuck, no appetite. Took forever to get diagnosed.

Rocky mountain spotted fever is a bitch.
>>
>>818849
Holy shit anon that looks terrifying
>>
>>817900

>Going down a 65 degree ice slope that ends on a cliff. Death if you slip off the edge.

>Woman is coming up and I climb up sideways a bit to let her pass

>After she passes I try to set foot but I slip

>I use my ice axe to stop

>I use my knife and my ice axe to climb to the path again

>I'm happy as fuck I used my gear correctly

End of story

That woman was married to a legend that climbed 6 8000s and was missing some fingers.
>>
File: 1469415962457.png (211KB, 307x311px) Image search: [Google]
1469415962457.png
211KB, 307x311px
Kind of /out/ related

>be me
>drive half way across country to Yosemite for adventure with bro
>Uneventful drive to Yosemite
>Hike half dome, mist trail, etc.
>didn't see a bear so pretty pissed off
>Getting ready to leave
>Notice that taking the pass east instead of going through Las Vegas saves 7 hours
>Pack up camp and get on the road
>Half hour into drive home, kebab falls asleep going downhill at 8,000 feet and crashes head on into our car
>mfw

Everybody survived but tow guy couldn't believe no one died. Both cars completely totaled. I should have never went outtawoods.
>>
I was walking down the street in Miami (was on vacation with family). I walked past an alley and a homeless man chucked a large rock at me, missed my head by about a foot.
>>
>>820053

If I had a boat, kayak or sailing vessel, sure. As I don't have any kind of sailing vessel I don't get much use of the swilly.
Fishing isn't great up here. There are tope in the swilly but that's a boat fishing target.
I'd rather be south where the fish are, wee day's spinning off the rocks somewhere with cliffs and deep water.

There are sailing 'clubs' locally but you would not believe the kind of people that go to them, kayaking club is the same.
Might get my own kayak some day.
>>
>camping out at friends farm
>hang hammocks up in barn to sleep in
>barn was open on both ends, no doors
>wake up in the middle of the night to the loudest noise I've ever heard and see sparks flying over my hammock
>lightningstrike.jpg
>friend sleeping 10 ft away screaming "omfg I've just been struck, etc."
>his right hand turned ghost white for about 3 hours, ended up being fine afterwards.

Might not sound too bad, but waking up to that literally had me thinking that I was done for. The terror in his voice..
>>
File: 1439093920625.jpg (68KB, 485x486px) Image search: [Google]
1439093920625.jpg
68KB, 485x486px
I almost died the other day at work. I work for the California Conservation Corps, and I was camping out at a work site in Ano Nuevo for 8 days doing rockwork and brushing trails with state parks.
I I was pole-sawing a grove of cypress trees on an access road that had been done quick and dirty for years. Raising the canopy over the road but leaving a spiderweb of widowmakers and dreaded tangles of branches in the area beside it. I was sawing support branches holding up a massive horizontal widowmaker about 25 feet up. This widowmaker was supporting 2 others, one hanging down almost to the road and one I didn't see until it fell. My swamper (person who hauls off branches and watches my back) was watching as I did it, and due to the position of the branches supporting the widowmaker I had to stand slightly behind and underneath it. After the support branches fell, all 3 of the widowmakers swung/fell down. A branch the length of a limo and about a a foot and a half across swung right past my head and knocked me over instead of braining me. before that, a piece of the supporting branch I sawed fell onto my thumb, pinching it between the polesaw. Miraculously, my thumb barely swelled and I felt fine. Im alright, but holy shit that was a fucking close one.
>>
File: 1354412311930.gif (1MB, 267x219px) Image search: [Google]
1354412311930.gif
1MB, 267x219px
>>823666
>>
>>823656
Quit being a faggot. No one is impressed with your McCandless reference.
>>
>>823680
Bad b8 is bad.
>>
>>818383
Hahahaha I ate at Pink's this week, just up the street from your accident.
>>
>>823649
Not sure if it was that exact place but when i was a kid we went on vacation there and my dad broke his ankle.climbing on the boulders on the shore of nova scotia
>>
File: Hot+Dog+Annie's.jpg (284KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
Hot+Dog+Annie's.jpg
284KB, 1000x750px
>>824078
Ha yes, yes it is right up La Brea from there. It's not very good no offense. You Californiaks have such a distorted interpretation of what a hot dog is sposta be. You gotta get some of pic related in ya.
>>
File: retards.gif (268KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
retards.gif
268KB, 960x540px
>>824425
We have a pretty rocky shoreline, so it's hard to say. Here's a prime example of tourists with reading comprehension. This fucking guy has a kid with him.

Now they're considering building anti retard fences all around the black rocks to prevent any more deaths. It'll really take away from the natural beauty of the place.
>>
>Repelling at fort Lewis
>Shitty gloves
>Amerifat
>Brake hand won't grip the rope hard enough
>Freefall 40'
>Ass first into pea gravel
>Broken tail bone
If I had landed on my back or head I would have been rip
>>
File: womabt.jpg (157KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
womabt.jpg
157KB, 1280x720px
>>822027
>wombat
>dangerous

really?
>>
File: IMG_20160730_200835635~01.jpg (731KB, 2144x2297px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160730_200835635~01.jpg
731KB, 2144x2297px
>>821916
I got some magical cream from the doctor for my scars and it works wonders, so they have healed quite a bit since then. It's nowhere near as bad as it was
>>
>>818341
>be bumfuckistani
>spending time /out/ making cool fort with bros out of old tank parts
>some american jet blasts us to hell and back
such is life in middle east
>>
>>821099
you gotta watch out for them
>>
File: 1460336812949.png (462KB, 1440x597px) Image search: [Google]
1460336812949.png
462KB, 1440x597px
>>817900
This isn't near death but it hurt like hell.

>be me
>camping with family at lake in northern Idaho
>see a random rope hanging from a tree near opposite end of lake
>decide to trek through the woods to get there
>take a swing
>as soon as I'm swinging over the lake I realize I will be swinging into a tree and some bushes
>I hit the tree and my legs drag through thorn bushes
>over a foot long gash on calf muscle
>have to put iodine on
>this combined with sunburn from six hours of fishing without sunscreen nearly ruined the trip

I say nearly because I still had quite a good time there.
>>
>>821155 checked and checked again
>also oc flag made with proportions from wikipedia

You magnificent bastard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M
I've almost died several times but none of them were purely out related. Had guns to my head a couple times, a fire in my apartment building I slept through high speed car accidents and motorcycle wrecks a few other near death experiences I won't go into here.
>>
File: smug.jpg (38KB, 248x248px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
38KB, 248x248px
>>818401
>>818609
>>818768
>>818825
>mfw acrophobia
>>
>>823680

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you whippersnapper? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the catheter changing, and I’ve been involved in numerous late night raids for the pudding and jello bowls, and I have over 300 confirmed laxative free BM's a year...a record at whispering pines retirement community.

I am trained in opening child proof bottles and I’m the top card shuffler in the entire bridge club. You are nothing to me but just another visitor. I will wipe you the fuck out easier than I wipe the drool off of whats his names face when he falls asleep during song time with CNA watermelon tits, you mark my words.

You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network people who can still drive and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call being able to walk fast enough to make it past the bitch that watches the front door at nite. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, if some one reminds me, helps me get dressed and drives me there.

Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to an entire case of Ensure and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue.

But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it.

You're dead kiddo, just as soon as Gunsmoke ends and I find my teeth.
>>
File: 1359410547486.jpg (66KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1359410547486.jpg
66KB, 300x300px
>walking in the thick swamp of the South East
>ipod in, not really paying attention
>see movement on my left.
>Directly to my left, about 15 ft away, were two piglets
>think it's cute as fuck at first, then realize fully grown boars are highly aggressive
>start frantically looking around for their mom
>hear snort directly to my right
>300 pound boar staring me down a mere 30 feet away, I can practically smell it
>dear god I got between this fucking monster and it's piglets
>stare at each other for about 10 seconds
>piglets eventually circle around me and regroup with mom
>mom still staring me down
>eventually walks away with it's piglets
I refuse to go deep inawoods without my pistol from now on
>>
>>825015
How exactly do you fuck up repelling Private? I've seen literal retards do it
>>
>>825553
Can you eat these, I mean how do they taste?
>>
>>828436
my guess is they taste like meat cupcakes
>>
>>828431
How exactly do you fuck up the spelling of rappelling, maggot?
>>
File: 1470053879854.jpg (19KB, 226x220px) Image search: [Google]
1470053879854.jpg
19KB, 226x220px
>>822027
>not drawing your cc and lighting it up
>>
>>823656
Nigga that's from a movie
>>
File: Bears.jpg (400KB, 536x3159px) Image search: [Google]
Bears.jpg
400KB, 536x3159px
A friend of mine:
>Decide to tour the US and camp to figure out what to do with life
>camping somewhere in the northwest USA
>Minimalist camping, just a bivvy and a pad
>hike innawoods until tired
>set up bivvy and pad, light small fire to cook
>eat, put out fire, fall asleep
>woken up in middle of the night by a loud sound
>Realizes it's a big-ass bear
>realizes bear has a cub with it
>realizes he slept right next to where he cooked and ate
>realizes his food is in his pack next to his head
>realizes he's a fucking idiot
>comes to terms with death, decides there's no way to survive this
>regrets not asking his ex girlfriend to marry him
>survive, find out ex got married while he was away.
>>
>>825015
You don't"brake" with your hand, you use your hand to "brake" across your hip. You'd better get someone to belay you and learn b4 you bust your ass.
>>
>>828423
This is the first legitimate kek itt
>>
>>818206
I hate helmets but when I mountain bike I always wear one because I know I'd kill myself
>>
>>825015
Lol you tried to brake using grip strength? Where did you learn to rappel? You're supposed to take the rope from your right side and use your right hand to put the rope behind your ass to slow down and move the rope out to speed up.
>>
>>823666
Jumped by black nationalists in the South? Not as uncommon as you'd think.
>>
File: 1466545893558.jpg (22KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1466545893558.jpg
22KB, 250x250px
>>830042
Kek
>>
I don't have any recent stories, but one of my best friends for the last 12 years always hiked in Colorado where he lived and got a tick on him and died a few days ago from some rocky mountain spotted fever stuff. I know a tick isn't as scary as sliding down a cliff or anything, but he died from something caused by something only a few millimeters long at most. Not a very exciting story but more of a way of saying watch out for ticks and other things because they can end up being just as deadly as any accident. Thanks.
>>
>Hiking with gf on a mountain that is basically a blade; super steep on both sides, trail just follows the ridge
>Come to a point where there's a huge rock sticking out of the side of the trail, so you kinda have to lean back and slowly climb by
>Very steep slope behind as you do this
>Make it by, no problem.
>Heading back, gf is ahead of me.
>More challenging now, as you have to lean your weight over that slope while climbing by and up around this rock
>gf positioning her feet to get ready
>The ground gave way, the entirety of the trail that she was standing on slides down this 70 degree slope
>I reach down and grab her backpack, stop her from sliding, six feet from there was a vertical drop.
>Pull her up, sit there for ten minutes freaking out
>Now our only option is to cross this damn rock with the trail missing.
>Eventually figure it out, get to the car, fuck that mountain.
>>
>kayaking bio bay in vieques with the special lady friend
>guide says there's sharks
>use my oar to move like a dead fish
>there are absolutely sharks
Was more worried about my girlfriend killing me than nature. However it was one of the coolest things I've ever seen in my life and would do it again in a heartbeat.
>>
File: carlos.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
carlos.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>828882

That sounds unbearable!
>>
>>830167
Where on his body was the tick?
>>
>>818401
>trying to grip the cliff with my ass cheeks
kek
>>
>>818383
Should the apocalypse happen, I think you'd be Mad Max.
>>
>>819814
>be black
>go outside
>cop nearby
>hes got me in his sights
>put hands up
>still get shot
goddammit
>>
>>820022
They were kinda dry, but still pretty moist. Really warm too. I kinda liked it.
>>
>>817900
>hiking 14 mile section of trail with heavy loads
>slow going because at around mile 12 gf twists ankle
>get to dispersed campsite late and in the dark
>set up camp and go to sleep
>wake up in morning to guy yelling
>grab axe and walk out of tent
>guy is sitting 30ft away on a bucket cutting lemons and eating them
>foot long buck knife
>points knife at me and says "this is my fuckin campsite"
>clearly multiple sites
>he clearly is a bum and living there
>tell him to keep his fucking distance and there won't be a problem
>tell girlfriend to get up
>tell her to pack up
>stand there with dog on leash going nuts with my axe in my hand staring him down while he talks shit and she frantically packs everything up.
>put pack on, give her dog's leash, throw her pack over my shoulder (her ankle was gigantic by that point) and moonwalk down the trail with a hundred pounds of pack on and my axe in my hand
>get to next campsite a couple miles away where there's people
>leave her in tent and walk the road 15+miles back to truck
>pick her up and head to ranger station
>tell rangers
>they shrug and say we'll look into it
>fuck rangers
>>
>>830453
thanks friend. we may just find-out.
>>
>>830369
I don't know but he had no rash last I knew which made it hard to find out what was wrong and the disease or whatever it's called started killing his insides and he went in a coma and died
>>
>>830559
Damn, that's rough.
>>
>>823957
Regular Yosemite seasonal employee here. I'm blown away that we don't have more fatal car accidents in the park. The roads are super dangerous and half the tourists drive like murderous epileptics.
>>
>>830556

No gun? You could have hogtied that guy at gunpoint and gained a new knife.
>>
>walking through biggest canyon on earth
>brought a days worth of food and water
>get lost
>decide if I stop walking I could die
>walk without stopping for 2.5 days with basically one bottle of water and a granola bar
>in the biggest canyon on earth
>finally find a hiker
>saves my life

I was for sure near death
>>
This might not be directly Near-death, but:
>Be Boy Scout.
>Go to Philmont.
>Get into camp really late after a long day of hiking.
>At least it didn't rain.
>Mountain Lion country.
>Prep dinner as quickly as possible.
>It's a box of Jambalaya Mix and some Slim Jims.
>Cut up Slim Jims add to box.
>Eat dinner.
>First real (non-dehydrated) food in over a week.
>It's good.
>Meet up with sister crew, chat.
>Clean up dinner, set up rain fly.
>3 guys (me included) go set up bear bags.
>It's already dark out, so we freak each other out by saying shit like:
>"What was that?"
>"I think it was a bear."
>All laugh.
>Go to bed.
>I'm sleeping soundly when suddenly LIGHTNING, THUNDER AND RAIN.
>It's like 12-1 at night.
>Everyone's up.
>Assume lightning position.
>I actually fall asleep in the lighting position.
>Next morning.
>Everything is wet, covered with mud.
>One of the adults left his pack outside of the rainfly.
>Went straight through.
>A couple of staff come in as we're getting breakfast and drying out stuff.
>Asks if everyone's here.
>Odd question, but yes.
>Told to to the Ute Gulch Food Pickup point.
>Get back to home base about a week later.
>Turns out, further north, some dude died in a flash flood.

Later in the trek, our crew got stalked by a Mountain Lion for about an hour. Then it fucked off.
>>
File: minifish.jpg (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
minifish.jpg
10KB, 300x300px
I have four, very condensed; will spare the details.

bought mini fishing rods. Pic related
>gf visits me in miami
>we go to an inlet/boardwalk opening to ocean
>walk along the inlet until we find somewhere we can fish
>nice little area with 5 ft arch "waterpassage way underneath us"
>we sit down, dangle feet off edge
>see puffer fish, put cheese on our hooks, catch some
>mexicans tell us to gtfo now because this is croc water
>I'm like wtf this is the ocean
>look 12 feet out and see log head watching us
>mfw miami has fucking giant crocodiles

next, brother and me shark fishing #1
>I'm in middleschool (year 2001)
>Borther is in highschool
>Has full shark fishing rig
>Go to beach at night
>Need to get giant fleshy shark bait out
>ask how they usually get it out
>kayake
>him "I'll just paddle it out on a boogie board and with fins on my feet"
>says he needs to get it past the second sandbar, a half mile out
>puts the 20lbs bloody tuna between his chest and his boogie board, puts his flippers on
>background: pitch black night, hardcore rip currents, giant sharks known in this area, no cellphone.
>somehow he came back alive??? Idk how
>>
File: beaners.jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
beaners.jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
#2 shark fishing story
>on pier at 11pm (very dark, barely lit by moonlight)
>all grown ass salty mexican and haitian men fishing
>the haitians were chill
>I'm now a highschool, he is partway through college
>he has a $800 dollar shark fishing rig setup
>we are good for the first hour and then some undocumenteds started getting a little to close to our stuff
>they weren't even fishing or watching us fish
>just sizing up our stuff
>under his breath, brother says to me that these beaners are getting a little too close
>a large fat drunk adult beaner heard this and starts posturing up for a fight
>I discretely have a bowie knife on me and my brother has a large folding knife on his persons that he covertly unfolds
>they start closing in on us
>his two amigos start sizing up as well
>I really thought I was going to have to knife a bunch of illegals that night
>eventually after a tense standoff with both parties staring down for a minute, just two feet away.
>One mexican starts saying to the other beaners in slurred spanish, "they are not worth it, don't do it"
>eventual when they realized we weren't going to be an easy fight
>they sleuthed away as we watch them completely leave the pier
>He saved their lives; cause we were going to stand our ground, and stab them in their necks. Noway I'm going to risk a "fair fight" against a bunch of mexicans on a dark pier, with dangerous waters surrounding us, AND with us being outnumbered by one, AND by grown men versus young kids
>needless to say, we were expecting an ambush in the parking lot, so we had our knifes drawn
>end of story
>>
File: 1460144489171.jpg (38KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1460144489171.jpg
38KB, 400x388px
#4 shark fishing, backtracking to when I'm in late middleschool

>Shark fishing on beach with older brother
>decide to dig a hole for fishing rod
>tough to dig in sand, I'll stab the sand a couple of times with this machete.
>cuts like butter
>oh, the sand is now loose to easily be extracted by hand
>do this a couple of times to get a nice hole.

next week
>brother is fishing alone on inlet at night
>speeding boat cuts across his line
>reel starts screaming, line getting pulled out at light speed
>brother is strapped into shark pole with a harness around his waste
>is physically hooked to the rod by this device; can't detached because of tension
>gets his emergency machete to cut this ridiculously strong shark fishing line.
>OMFG its not cutting; its dull from me digging in the sand with it (he didn't know I did that)
>he almost dies
>last second he manages to get out a leatherman multi tool and cut the line
>almost got pulled to his death
>told me he lost a $100 worth of line also

feels bad man, I just wanted to make him proud by digging a hole
>>
>>831012
next time dig two holes anon >:|
>>
>>818242
Did you shoot him? Are you the stranger?
>>
>>831020
Kek. I didn't even think of that. You must have just read it to have it on your mind or something.
>>
>>825553
Do you know how a wombat attacks?

It usually tries to leap at your throat and rip it the fuck out.

If you think that it's harmless then you haven't got a clue cunt

>>828737
Y'know, I doubt some smaller calibres would actually stop it. Their heads seem very dense but idk
>>
>>825553
Nah. I hit one with a jaffle iron one time. Wombats are bitches
>>
>>831031
They're butts are super dense. That's how they work the dig a hole and block it off with its ass
>>
>>830923
No gun at the time, but I got one of the best camping blowjobs of my life that next night. She went at it like I just cured cancer.

Later she commented how fucking badass I was and calm while she packed everything up and how manly it was that I walked back to the truck and came and got her. Blew my load in her mouth while sitting next to a campfire on a lake in southern oregon. Was awesome.

Honestly I was scared as fuck that I'd have to put my axe upside that guy's head but I have a weird "no emotion" response to dangerous situations due to my job.
>>
>go outside my house
>bunch of niggers hanging out on my neighbors porch
>go back inside

>
>>
Wouldn't call it near death, but close to getting fucked.
>14, winter, getting dark, wearing a hoodie and jeans, blowing off some steam outside and taking the usual shortcut home
>through the woods, not very far, maybe 1/3 of a mile
>cakewalk in the daytime in winter, pain in the ass during summer
>getting dark, got a flashlight so I'm fine, fuck around in forest till I get cold
>alright fuck this shit
>walking, walking, walking, flashlight going off and on
>flashlight out of commision, total darkness
>soon as light goes out shit gets scary, leaves rustling sound like footfalls, wind picks up, I can barely feel my hands
>cold sweat, panicking trying to find the trail
>there isn't a trail, only boulders as landmarks, can't find boulder, don't have my bearings
>fingers are falling off but I'm terrified about whatevers out there (literally nothing)
>make it out 10 minutes later, get home fast as possible, open door with wrists, fingers no longer exist
>only escaped because I stumbled onto a boulder
This shit happens a lot, wonder if my fingers are fucked as a result.
>>
i've had one or two but one that scared me the most

>Was checking out an abandoned factory with my friend
>there had been a fire and a small amount of structural damage and a hole where a piece of machinary fell through a few floors
>we were up quite a few floors
>the room had no hole in the floor and looked pretty safe
>take about a few steps in
>all is fine
>take one more step and my entire foot falls through the floor
>a small section of the floor in front falls through
>pull myself back and just sit there shitting myself

Not the closest i came to dying while out i guess but it shit me up the most
>>
>>817900
>paratrooper training for airborne
>hit water hard
>when you hit water hard you body goes into shock and I was paralyzed for about two minutes of unconsciousness
>woke up with no water in my lungs and a bruise across my left thigh big and black
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>Climbing down a volcano in the cascades. >Decide to take a different line through loose scree vs normal glacier route
>strap on gaiter breaks
>spike ice axe in scree for stability
>notgonnawork.jpg
>lose footing, drop ice axe
>slide 30 feet down using arms for drag
>its working
>casually my feet come to rest on large pumice boulder
>phew, no big deal
>stand on boulder to get bearings
>notice it's on edge of vertical precipice
>feel boulder lean
>instinct takes over
>jump back into scree slope
>boulder breaks loose and tumbles 60 feet down
>slowly inch to thicker scree with all fours so I don't slide off
>make it back to where I dropped my axe
>slog up another 50 feet
>happy to be ok
>dump enough gravel to make a road out of my boot
>MFW I reconsider the glacier route

That's how I learned to stay on the trodden path on any dangerous outing.
>>
First time visiting /out/ you guys seem pretty cool.
>>
>>817900

> White water rafting when I was younger
> Spend all day rafting with older brother, dad, guide, and other people
> Brother constantly fucks with me, gave him a good charley horse on his thigh
> He limps for the rest of the night
> Second day comes around
> Guide starts our group off at the largest rapid
> Brother pushes me off raft just before rapid starts
> I get sucked under constantly getting hit by smooth rocks, bruising me and sharp rocks cutting the shit out of me
> Life vest doesn't do shit
> I keep trying to swim up to catch a breathe but i can't
> Fall down a five foot water fall and my cheek hits a big rock and cut the inside of my cheek
> Get sucked under again down and a big rock nails my thigh
>surface for one second and was able to watch half a breathe along with half of fucking water
> At this point I started to panic because I cannot breathe start to swallow a bit of water in a failed attempt to breathe
> The water around me started to slow down and I can swim now
> I shoot upwards and something stops me from surfacing
> Panicking I keep pushing up because I'm about to pass out
> Finally able to surfacing after pushing something above me away
> Breathe in and then immediately throw up water and bit of blood from the cut inside me mouth
> Pregnant broad just staring at me in the raft that was above me

>Punched my brother in the mouth as soon as I see him and chipped his front teeth and scarred two of my knuckles.
>>
I'll bite. This happened a year ago.
>go out on second solo overnight hike
>place called box lake, super pretty 7 mile all around hike
>I didn't want to sleep next to anyone, also wanted to use my phone, so I climbed up a mountain to the highest point, found a relatively flat spot and made camp
>super pretty but not a lot of water and didn't want to.boil old as shit snow
>get battle belt, water dilters, and a few bottles
>slide down a snowcap for kicks and giggles, use my mora companion as a break
>walk around and climb up get water from an already melting snow cap
>in my desperation to get water I broke off the main piece of rock I used as support. Had to climb inside the snowcap to not fall off an essential cliff.
>can't climb down, almost dark
>keep climbing up
>broke 5 footholds, found a cave, had 3 rocks fall on me that I dislodged, almost took me out with them
>some spots I had to jump onto and hope I'd make it
>only climbing gear I had was a mora companion as as pick, mechanix m pacts, and worn, equally wet boots.
>halfway through my arm gave out and got a bad Charlie horse, screamed a lot and tore an muscle trying to keep my group against the contracting muscle
>sat there for a few hours fighting if I should make a video apologizing to my family for dying like this, and a plea to anyone who finds my body to return all my stuff to my dad.
>decide against it
>make it up the 200 ft of rockslide/cliff
>get the the top, use my already dull and damaged as shit mora to climb rest of way
>don't sleep that night over the fact I survived that
>fucked with me for months afterwards

Later on I went on anyone a instead similar hike, but stayed in a fire lookout, when I went for more water I took the trail down instead of taking the fast way down a shale face. Found a shallow grave at the bottom. That fucked with me more.

I shouldn't have lived, there's no way in hell I should have been able to survive, at that age, with that amount of odds. Pic is me in the snowcap.
>>
>>837354
Also yes my grammar is atrocious. I'm writing on a phone in a car.
Pic is the cliff. Doesn't look bad at all from this angle.
>>
File: image.jpg (394KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
394KB, 1600x1200px
Shit happened to me in middle school at the age of 18, I was hiking since quit a few years then, so I was semi-experienced. So, the story:
>we go on a one day hike with my class, it was a biology class so this was kinda a field trip. Note that our teacher was the sport teacher too so he choose a pretty long and hard trail.
>We're around halfway in a canyon, I'm pretty bored, some others are already exhausted, I decide to show off because I somewhat knew that area, by leaving the trail that goes around a steep hill to cross said hill and descend to the other side where is a big cave, thus appearing magically in front of everyone ;-)))
>my planned route was pic related (orange: plan, blue: where I went, green: trail) easy on the uphill but quite dangerous on the descent, still shorter and less tiring than the official trail
>I sneak to the bushes and easily run to the top of the hill, I cross the peak and start climbing down
>its easy in the beginning, then gets getting steeper and steeper
>it starts to get fucking steep, like easily more than 45 degrees steep, where the ground was eroded by the rain and was pretty thin and slippery of dirt
>I don't want to turn back because muh teenager pride, decide to go further
>trees I could hang on to are too far, I start to panic and lay on my back, basically crushing everything in my backpack just to lower my point of balance
>I notice a smaller tree in front of me, like 5 metres down the slope
>I decide to run for it and catch it
>the tree cracks fucking loudly and starts bending over my weight, I'm now panicking like shit
>I run for the next tree, I almost miss it but I can catch it and hug it by both hands so I'm kinda hanging on it, looking down the now almost vertical wall of limestone and dirt that's around 13 metres deep
>ifuckedup.jpg
>I look to the side, and I see that the entrance of the cave is like 6 metres away, where the slope is much less steep, amd it turns into a horizontal platform at the entrance
>>
>>838444
cunt'd:
>I now hug a tree and lie in the dirt
>the part between me and the platform in front of the cave entrance is too steep and there is 0 chance to climb that distance because there is only dirt that I can't grab
>I can't go down either because the steep slope turns into a fucking vertical wall
>I can't go up because there is 0 chance my shoes will take a grip on the 1cm dirt on the fucking limestone
>I decide to pull myself up and climb between the tree leaning towards the chasm and the wall
>my leg slides and sends a mixture of dirt and stones down the wall, which sends a fucking 10 metres large fallen and rotten tree trunk down the slope, directly towards my unsuspicious class
>oh boy, is this the worst day ever?
>I can even hear them screaming for their lives, when the trunk hits a tree, blows into small pieces and showers them with a mass of rotten tree pellet
>thatwentgood.torrent
>I try to measure the distance I need to cover
>I step back a bit to get some momentum and start to run on the slope towards the cave
>I slip on the fucking dirt just as I expected and start going down the slope just towards the chasm
>my whole virgin life goes down before my eyes, when I somehow get a grip on my right leg and make an adrenaline-fueled jump towards the edge of the platform
>I grab it and manage to pull myself up
>I still can't believe I'm alive, I look inside a cave and see 2 Finn tourists sitting there who saw my whole action scene
>they are pretty chill, we share some energy bars and they go off, I wait for my class like a king
>15 minutes later they appear, my teacher asks if I started the rotten tree avalanche
>nah
>>
File: IMG_20160816_202540.jpg (194KB, 720x951px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160816_202540.jpg
194KB, 720x951px
>in Portland
>At probably the highest point in the city
>Had to hike up some steep trail in the rain
>Thankfully there was stone steps up the entire way
>Get to pic related
>Didn't take a picture of it but it was some memorial
>Decide to head back down
>Second I step on the trail I start sliding down
>Tumble down this fucking hill of forestry like a cartoon for a solid 30 seconds
>Finally slam into tree
>Look over and there's a good 40ft drop to a road below
>>
File: IMG_20160816_202803.jpg (99KB, 720x537px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160816_202803.jpg
99KB, 720x537px
>>838618
Here's a pic for better reference of how much over the rest of the city it was.
>>
>>818383
>he almost got killed by Superfly
>>
>>838753
I don't follow
>>
>>817900
I once fell chest deep into a mine shaft air hole while paintballing. I was running across a field, then suddenly I wasn't. I probably would have fallen in if my arms weren't a bit forward and I didn't have any forward momentum. I looked it up in the cities historical records, and the mine was around 150 feet deep on average, so I could have fallen anywhere from 50 to 200 feet.
>>
>>838862
Holy shit that must've been really scary
>>
File: voc9QfC.jpg (47KB, 584x586px) Image search: [Google]
voc9QfC.jpg
47KB, 584x586px
Was homeless at the time and about to be homeless again now.
Was sleeping in the back of my 2door 01 Blazer in an apartment complex parking lot. Nearly froze to death during the "Chiberia" winter in Chicago. It was well below negative , not including wind chill (real feel). Had only a summer sleeping bag and some halfass winter cloths.

Wasn't necessarily near death but I've never been so miserable in my life. Damn that was ugly. Sucks being a vagrant sometimes.
>>
File: 1432803088389.jpg (27KB, 468x376px) Image search: [Google]
1432803088389.jpg
27KB, 468x376px
>>830336
Carlos!
>>
>>830498
> implying this is a bad thing
>>
File: Portreath-Waves-01.jpg (280KB, 1654x1105px) Image search: [Google]
Portreath-Waves-01.jpg
280KB, 1654x1105px
>be me
>at beach
>pretty grey and rainy but waves aren't bad.
>decide to go inside little hut in pic related to hide from wind
>chill and eat my fish and chips
>rain gets heavier
>wind picks up
>hear the sea get more agressive
>decide to make a break for it before it gets any worse
>as soon as i exit hut
>see this bullshit
>like 3feet infront of my face
>grab railing
>shit myself
>get hit with the force of 6 million angry water type pokemons
>feels like i got punched
>still able to hold on, idk how
>lost my shoes and hat
>get up and fucking run before next wave hits
>walk home like 20 miles with clothes taped to my feet and like 4 pairs of socks on

was a hell of an adventure
>>
>>817900
>Walking on trail
>Trip on rock
>Almost hit my head on more pointy rocks but don't

Hope that little story had you on the edge of your seats.
>>
>>838618
>>838621

hipsterGoes"Out".jpeg
>>
>>817900

Ha! This just happened to me last weekend:

Two friends and I are hammock camping, but we got a little lost and didn't get on the trail till after dark. We only hiked a bit before finding a good spot to set up camp. Set up our hammocks in a triangle for some reason, each of us sharing our trees with the others.

Thing is, this was right next to a recent burn area. Since it was so dark, we didn't really check out the integrity of our trees. Yeah, you guessed it, we pulled down a tree in the middle of the night.

To my friends, it was no big deal, they were just gently lowered to the ground as the tree got ripped up. I, however, was the base of the triangle and so had a fucking tree pulled down on top of me when I was dead asleep.

It woke me up before it hit me because it was so fucking LOUD. Knocking shit loose in the canopy, breaking branches, pine cones everywhere. It sounded like a really intense hailstorm on my tarp. Honestly, in the 5 seconds between waking and having it fall on me, I thought a bear was batting my hammock around. Scared the shit out of me.

Anyway, the thing was like 30 feet tall, landed right on my thighs. My hammock stayed tied up, so I was totally pinned into it, had to get my mates to lift it off of me. Hurt like fuck and destroyed my hammock, netting, and tarp.

The bottom few feet of the trunk were burned to charcoal and the roots system was totally absent. Lucky it didn't land on my head.
>>
Already told the story here a couple years ago but oh well.

>be canoe camping with summer camp
>instructor misreads map
>around next corner should be a class 1 rapid
>it's a hardcore class 5 or 6 (can't remember)
>fug.jpg
>manage to make it through half of it
>suddenly mate panics and makes us capsize
>end up trapped by the current under the canoe despite flotation gear
>pretty much start to drown
>next thing I know I'm on a rock in the middle of the rapid

That was almost a decade ago and I still can't figure out how I pulled myself out.
>>
>>818849

BACK UP YOUR RAP

WEAR A CONDOM

RULES FOR LIFE
>>
File: 1469048085236.jpg (31KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
1469048085236.jpg
31KB, 480x600px
I didn't nearly die, but this is the closest I've come to actually having an emergency.

>want to go hiking
>find a nearby trail that is supposed to be beautiful, "~6 miles long," people rate it for "advanced" hikers
>it's forecast to be 98 F outside, but it's in the woods in the shade so it should be ok with water
>my girlfriend and I bring 4 L of water total in our hydration packs
>hike starts well, going at a reasonable pace, trail isn't too hard, drinking plenty of water
>hit a distance marker, only 2 miles hiked and it's been 1.5 hours, we've drank over half our water
>shit
>we pick up the pace, trail starts getting hard as hell, multiple elevation changes so severe they each require 5 switchbacks each 100 feet long
>trail gets muddy as hell
>we are getting exhausted, down to our last 700 mL of water ~3 hours in
>come out at what we think is the end of the trail at a small parking lot next to an old grain mill / dam
>i'm not in good shape so I am nearly at the end of my endurance, this hike turned into a miserable march
>realize that the "6 mile trail" is only the distance from the start of the trail to the dam, and doesn't include an additional 2 miles to the to the final parking lot where we parked our second car
>final 2 miles of trail has no blazes, we have to hike along a river that we knew paralleled the trail from our map
>finally make it to the car 5 hours later with no water left in our packs, suck down the excess water we keep in the car just for situations like this
>it was actually 108 F outside
>didn't piss once all day, I sweat out over 2 liters of water

I've never actually considered calling park rangers for help before until that time, I was nervous as fuck I was going to run out of energy and not be able to recover because we were almost out of water.

Needless to say, I bought a 3 L hydration pack and I'm never going on a hike again without at least 3 L per person on hot days.
>>
>>818383
This is why Tx is better. I saw 2 cars collide on the way home one day and literally 20 cars stopped to help. People blocked off traffic to get the family out and the sirens arrived in less than 5 minutes. Wasn't even a bad accident.

Fuck Cali.
>>
>>841208
>suddenly mate panics and makes us capsize
How?
>>
>>841276
To be fair it's not so much a Cally problem as it is a city (Los Angeles) problem. Even in NYC people actually scramble to help injured persons*

*excluding drunks, druggies, homeless, or people involved in an active altercation with other persons or peace officers
>>
>>841280
strong currents + hands on gunwale = innawater
>>
>>817900
>be me
>learning to kyack
>father drops me 6 miles up a river, drives off
>river is actually in flood, hence why it looked so still and wide
>going down quickly turns to rapids
>full on water jumps over boulders and shit
>trees everywhere
>trees form triangle over river, like a tube
>can't stop, nowhere to turn out
>giant tree has fallen across the river, creating a giant undertow
>no idea what an undertow is, just see a whirlpool in front of it
>whole kyack sucked under and get stuck, I dive onto the log, clawing onto it as my kyack gets sucked under me into the mess of underwater branches
>life jacket is just causing more drag, I'm wait over the water with my legs being pulled under
>literally bite into tree, claw my way up over it, fighting undertow
>totally exhausted

only thing that saved me I think was the kyack blocked the hole a bit, weakening the suction under the tree momentarily
>>
>>817903

I don't know how this always happens on the oregon coast all the time. It's critical to consult tide charts before you go out like that.
Thread posts: 174
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.