[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

POISON IVY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

File: 00000000000000.jpg (23KB, 460x300px) Image search: [Google]
00000000000000.jpg
23KB, 460x300px
best home remedy treatments poison ivy
>>
>>817282
pls.. it itches so bad guys..
>>
>>817331
piss on it
>>
>>817347
im ready to try anything
>>
File: 450.jpg (37KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
450.jpg
37KB, 450x450px
>>817282
I took a bath in some Clorox, one to two cups to be exact, really dries out your skin though but at least it dried out my rash areas which made it itch/burn far less IMO. I also like to put some Oil of Oregano on my effected areas. Fair warning though that oil BURNS a lot do not get it in your eyes or any sensitive areas like the genitals.

Oh also this stuff in pic related, it is best used before it breaks out like crazy though but it can still provide pretty noticeable relief even after the fact. It's also pretty pricey though ranging in at about $30-45.
>>
>>817351
Dang almost forgot.. follow the Zanfel instructions exactly.
>>
>>817351
it can turn a chinese into a mexican?
>>
>>817351
thanks anon. im thinking about adding some ammonia to the mix because the itch is unbearable

>>817356
it also gives you back 5 years and 20 pounds
>>
>>817282
Hot water.

Get it as hot as you can stand, but not so hot that it burns you or harms you. Either run it over the blisters or use a wash cloth to apply the hot water. Hold the blisters under the hot water for about 1 minute or so. While you are doing this, it will get EXTRMEMLY itchy. When the time limit is up and it cools off, you will have many hours of itch-free time.

I haven't found a better treatment for poison ivy and insect bites in my life. It works for chiggers, but not as well.
>>
Who /immune/ here?
>>
>>817473
will a really hot shower work?
>>817491
kys im so envious
>>
>>817500
for temporary relief yeah

it's been a long time since I had poison ivy but it does sooth it, his claim of "hours itch free" is exaggerated though
>>
>>817500
If you have it all over your body yes, but small patches are better for concentrating heat and getting relief.

>>817505
It isn't exaggerated. There's a chance the water wasn't hot enough. It should nearly burn you, just not actually burn you. I normally heat up water on the stove and dab a wash cloth in it then apply that.
>>
File: JewelWeed.jpg (3MB, 4912x3264px) Image search: [Google]
JewelWeed.jpg
3MB, 4912x3264px
Find some jewel weed. Apply its sap directly to the skin irritation. Works every time.
>>
>>817523
its all over my body. im going to try the hot shower thing tonight. thanks /out/!!
i think :0
>>
>>817627
>he fell for it
Can't wait for the aftermath
>>
>>817631
Hopefully he posts pics of it. That will be tremendous.
>>
File: 1466866802719.png (113KB, 331x329px) Image search: [Google]
1466866802719.png
113KB, 331x329px
>>817631
>>817635
G-guys..???
i know its 4chin but i thought slow boards like /out/ were semi-trustworthy
>>
>>817661
>Semi-trustworthy
That's what Google is for, idiot, not 4chan. Don't scratch yourself raw - that increases the chance of infection.
>>
>>817668
>scratch yourself raw
not even a problem.. i have self control

google says hot showers are controversial, but im ready to try anything
>>
>>817672
Again, try >>817599
>>
Sandpaper and gasoline. No ones ever heard of this?!
>>
>>817674
where do they normally grow?

>>817675
tried it last summer
>got me to stop thinking about the poison ivy
>9/10 would use again
>>
>>817680
Google, idiot-anon, google.
>>
>>817682
went out and looked for a solid 5 mins
couldnt find any near my house
i`ll search more tomorrow

ibuprofen and hot compress will have to do
>>
>>817627
I don't know how hot your shower water gets but mine doesn't do it for me, not hot enough. But, like I said, it will itch like mad while it is hot and stop itching when cool. But, not if the water isn't hot enough.
>>
>>817695
my shower can get really, really hot
im gonna turn the heat all the way up and then hop in for like 1 min then get out

should i post before/after pics?
>>
I don't recommend this, but here's my method that gets rid of it pretty much right away.

I run the affected area under hot water and use a knife/tweezers or any sharp implement to break open all the pustules and release most of the urushiol (urushiol, right?).
Then after that I pour hydrogen peroxide on it to get the residual urushiol out, do that a few times and run hot water/paper towels over it in between.
Sometimes it'll ooze for a few hours so you have to wipe it up, but after that it's fine.

Pros are that you don't have poison ivy and it doesn't itch.

Cons are that you have an open wound for a while until it scabs over. I'd much prefer that, but I can't stand poison ivy and I've always reacted terribly to it.
>>
>>817698
Well, don't burn yourself.

>should i post before/after pics?

No need. It is the same as a hot shower. Hope it helps.
>>
>>817705
i have so many though, i would be doing this for 3 hours
on the other hand, thats worth getting rid of the itch

>>817707
meh, but thanks for concern anon.
>>
>>817709
I had it all over feet, legs, some on arms.
Some years I'd have it all over the bottom of my feet, ~80% covered.

I'd still say it's worth.
>>
File: 1468705676666.png (10KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1468705676666.png
10KB, 645x773px
>>817710
omw to krogers to clean them out of hydrogen peroxide

thnx anon
>>
>>817718
Hope you find solace.
It's a drastic measure, but it does work pretty infallibly.
Just watch out for residual oozing and wipe that up.
>>
File: Poison_Ivy_(Uma).jpg (502KB, 640x802px) Image search: [Google]
Poison_Ivy_(Uma).jpg
502KB, 640x802px
>>817491

me. i've even eaten it just to check.
>>
>>817721
wait.. wouldn`t this cause scarring?

>>817725
how did it taste?
>>
>>817282
Scrub with scrubbing brush and peroxide. Wash all dat shit out. Allow skin to dry and apply olive oil, then wipe it all off. Repeat olive oil application a few times. Also take antihistamines and such.

I also find being drunk helps stop itching, 99% success rate.
>>
>>817732
My supple body has healed just fine in areas where I did this. Have done it it multiple times in the same area.
>>
>>817351
Someone crop out that kids face
>>
>>817282
protip: dont itch it next time as soon as you know you touched it. you'll know its poison ivy if you want to itch and the feeling doesnt go away. If you dont itch it from the get go it'll go away on its own relatively quickly
>>
File: 53b.png (508KB, 651x481px) Image search: [Google]
53b.png
508KB, 651x481px
that feel when you are not alergic to poison ivy and have watched your friends get ivy walking through the same shit you do.
>>
If you knowingly get it on yer skin, generally you can rinse it off within half an hour, using COLD WATER ONLY. Hot water opens up your pores and allows it to soak deeper into your skin. Within an hour and a half it can be washed off with cold water and soap, but after that, you'll want to buy some Jewelweed (impatien) soap or synthesize a salve from the plant yourself if you live in most parts of the US or Canada.
>>
>>817282
Pee on it
>>
http://griffinsguide.com/content/2015/08/31/learn-this-simple-foolproof-trick-to-never-have-a-poison-ivy-rash-again/

This seems legit.
>>
File: 1453338345842.jpg (39KB, 441x228px) Image search: [Google]
1453338345842.jpg
39KB, 441x228px
>>817491
>tfw immune to poison ivy and poison oak

I once was pulling poison oak off the side of a tree while my friends looked on in horror, I had no idea what the big deal was, nor what poison oak even looked like. Hands were kind of wet and greasy from the stuff but I had no reaction to it.
>>
>>817705
The pustules do not contain urushoil, urushoil is simply an oil that when comes into contain with skins triggers an autoimmune response, hence the postures. If you want to get rid of the reaction get rid of the oil. Wash everything you think might have the oil on it. The oil can last up to 7 years of not removed. After everything is washed you just wait out the reaction and it should go away with in one to two weeks.
If you keep getting an reaction then you are still coming into contact with the oil some where. It could be your dog, your watch your shoes.

This is the true secret behind poison ivy. Hope this helps.
>>
>>817282
Fuck home remedies, go to a dermatologist and it will be better that day
>>
>>817491

me, used to pick it, hand it to my younger sibling, who is highly allergic
>>
>>817725
my dad was immune, even ate it once too. Then one time he was burning a brush pile with some ivy underneath it and the oil got in the smoke and he was in the hospital for 2 weeks.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.