[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

folding beds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: kanadyjka_03[1].jpg (59KB, 760x495px) Image search: [Google]
kanadyjka_03[1].jpg
59KB, 760x495px
hey guys, I want to ask you about the folding beds, are they a good choice if you plan to stay in one place for a while and won't have to carry them a long way? Are they comfortable without an extra mattress or something?
Also those legs look like they'll fuck up the tent's floor really good.
>>
File: 6347747253[1].jpg (24KB, 1022x515px) Image search: [Google]
6347747253[1].jpg
24KB, 1022x515px
Maybe such one would be better? But shit looks flimsy as hell.
>>
Any advice? My self-inflating mat got punctured and I'm looking for other options
>>
>>817264
-it's a cot
-depending on the manufacturers, it's comfortable, surprisingly kinda rugged and fairly light. Bonus that you won:t have to sleep on the ground.

Get a coleman cot at least
>>
File: 2000020273_r_1[1].jpg (101KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
2000020273_r_1[1].jpg
101KB, 2000x2000px
>>817369
>Get a coleman cot at least

>a fucking cup-holder
well, I'm sold, thanks
>>
File: coleman.jpg (14KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
coleman.jpg
14KB, 450x450px
>>817264
The kind of cot in your picture is the kind the Canadian army uses. Most other armies use them as well because they're pretty compact. That compactness comes at a price because they are a giant pain in the dick to put together. Trying to get the cross-member at the head and foot to line up with the knobs sticking out from the sides is really, really hard. You'll probably want a broom handle or something to use as a lever. You don't really need a mattress on top of them, but I wouldn't really call them comfortable.

Coleman cots (see pic) are much, much easier to put together but they aren't nearly as compact. Same level of comfort as the army ones.

Given that you don't intend to carry it I'd recommend one that's the Coleman style, just to save yourself the aggravation of having to put it together.
>>
>>817405
to be clear do I intend to carry it - just not on a very long trips. But even if it's 30 or 40 minutes of relatively uphill walk then the one you posted may be a bit unwieldy.
That cot right here though, >>817373 it doesn't look like it has the knob thing I guess?
>>
Even the lightest cots are surprisingly heavy. I wouldn't recommend getting one for carrying. The one I used was at least 25 lbs, and was almost exactly like your OP pic.

I slept on one for 2 weeks straight, on 2 different occasions, working in a disaster area. Once was in 2005 a few weeks after Hurricane Katrina hit and I stayed in Baton Rouge, then the second time was during hurricane Gustav, which ended up being not much of a storm at all.

I slept great on it. They were Gander Mountain Brand ones. They were sturdy and I slept awesome. Keep in mind though I was in Southern Louisiana in August, so it was hot. If you're using it in any cold, it'll function much like a hammock, since you will have air running under you. You'll want a sleeping pad when it gets colder.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.