[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steve Irwin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: Sweet Prince.jpg (10KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Sweet Prince.jpg
10KB, 300x225px
Did /out/ used to watch Steve Irwin?
If so, what , if anything, did you learn from his show?

Also, press F to pay respect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE1HDSipRxU
>>
yeah i miss him often

is all his stuff on youtube?
>>
i was living in straya when he died and man, it was like a national tragedy. for about 2 weeks it was the main story on the daytime talk shows and news outlets. all kinds of public displays and memorials and stuff. not that they were making it overly huge and cheap, but that he was their biggest celebrity and donated so much money and time to his zoo and conservation as well. he was a huge tourism draw and role model. his wife and daughter were probably a bit oversaturated for a couple years though. people were worried that bindi was being pushed into her father's footsteps whether she like it or not.

but anywho, top bloke. his personality and expertise were 100% responsible for his success, which is refreshing. he was the real deal.
>>
As a biologist, it bothered me the way he interacted with wildlife, but I can't say I don't get the same level of enthusiasm as he does when handling animals. Overall I respect him as he did a lot to foster an understanding of wildlife that most people would never be exposed to.
>>
He was kinda cheesy on camera tho.

Not saying I have beef on him, he was prolly a cool guy to hang out with, but I prefer non-interference whan filming the wild
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 451x338px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 451x338px
>>817138
They need another person like him to really get people interested in animals. Those Planet Earth shows and all that shit is really well done, but get boring after watching 8 hours of it.

At least we have Les Stroud and I guess The Bear but that's not really the same. Bear Grylls might do more damage than good for kids who are potential sc/out/s.
>>
File: 1448788400408.png (7KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1448788400408.png
7KB, 645x773px
>>817138
F
>>
Australian here. Generally didn't like his style but recognise he did good work spruiking conservation to a younger generation.

There is just no substitute for Sir David Attenborough.
>>
>>817138
Steve Irwin is the only good australian
>>
>>817138
He should of wore more sunblock.
>>
I learnt not to get stabbed by stingrays. cheers steve.

Also lived 30 miss from his zoo when I was a child but was too poor to go.
>>
>>817138
I've learned nothing, he was just entertaining to watch. Even Bear Grylls taught me more useful stuff.
>>
>>818073
is this you

https://youtu.be/DqKMNxhK5I4
>>
>>817138
Steve Irwin was my biggest role model as a child, man. I was fucking devastated when I heard he died.

F
>>
>>818608
>I was fucking devastated when I heard he died
Who wasn't?
>>
>>818618
>who wasn't?
Cunts who don't deserve to walk this earth
>>
>>818623
>assuming he wouldnt just be shitposting on pol if he were still alive
>>
>>817138
I could never warm to him, I get that he used to "rescue" crocs and that kind of thing but I never liked how he used to needlessly "bother" wild animals for a TV show, and in the end he died because he fucked around with one too many animals.

"wild animals are called wild for a reason, leave the fuck alone"

Quote from my father to me as a kid.
>>
Steve was the everyman, all Australians still miss him
>>
>>817138
I basically learned that if you have money life is really fun and exciting.
>>
> fuck our women
> die painful death

That's what you get!
>>
>>818646
I tell my wife's son the same thing all the time.
>>
I was camping when he died. I turned on my radio to get the weather and heard it and then that camping trip was ruined.

Atlast bindy is now a qt
>>
>>817138
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/bindi-irwin-comes-of-age-in-typical-style-as-she-pays-tribute-to-her-family/news-story/d547842c6576b77a8ee3f8e6a808652d

>Steve died 10 years ago.
>>
>>817256
Why do you think Bear might be a bad influence on kids? I haven't watched his shows in years, so I'm not informed on what he does.
>>
I wish more australians were like steve irwin

[spoiler]dead
>>
File: img-thing.png (54KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.png
54KB, 300x300px
>>821951
rude and crass
>>
>>821761
THICC
>>
>>817943
>Generally didn't like his style

>Also an Australian.
Me neither. I think the burgers liked him because he had the hur dur rave rant style they like.
>>
>>818626
>assuming
>not implying
>>
>>822104
I liked him because of his enthusiasm.
>>
>>822062
Fat like her fat mom.
>>
F

I ALWAYS watched this show, it was like a superhero dying to young me.
>>
>>822104
You have none of his likeable qualities, you're just a boring unlovable twat
>>
>>821942
he's a fraud
>>
Sunblock does not protect you from harmful rays
>>
Live by the sword, die by the sword; none of us would have ever heard of Irwin if he hadn't performed dangerous stunts with wild animals. Calling him a conservationalist is the real joke. He was nothing more than a showman.
>>
>>825352
He had to be outrageous or nobody would hear his message
>>
>>822062
cute snek
>>
I still remember the first time I watched him on TV, when he let the deadliest snake in the world crawl inside his shirt.

The day he died is the day I realized that everyone is mortal.
>>
>>825496
>fatherless 12 y/o detected
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.