[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/out/ ethics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (59KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 512x288px
General thread for the discussion of /out/ related ethics/law.

I am lucky to live in one of the most beautiful places on earth, as such I would like to avoid damaging it in any way, however I really like bushcraft and such. So my question is, is it unethical to cut down the occasional live tree (assuming u mostly use dead wood) in the wilderness and should one stick to premade modern means such as tents and hammocks? I don't want to be the doosh who goes around pristine hiking tracks lopping down trees but I don't wanna be a namebrand dayhike normie. Feel free to tell me to get over myself and use a tent and cooker like everyone else
>>
>>816754
>pristine
There is no such thing on the surface of the earth
That's why you need to stop fucking up the little that is left
> don't want to be the doosh who goes around pristine hiking tracks lopping down trees but I don't wanna be a namebrand dayhike normie
It sounds like you are more concerned with how people perceive you than what you actually do
>>
>>816767
Here in nz imo there's a number of places pristine in their isolation from man, as for the second part I mean I don't get much enjoyment from just the hiking part of hiking, I enjoy the camping/fishing/hiking experience as a whole, and get more satisfaction from making something than pitching a tent, however I'm perfectly willing to just use a tent should the need be. Also we're not talking a whole unnecessary cabin made of many trees here just a firewall and lean-to or the like. Thanks for the input tho
>>
>>816782
>imo
Your imo is worthless because it is not based on anything quantitative
Were you alive 100 or 200 years ago to see how different it is today? Do you even read what people alive then wrote? Do you even look at the data, or are you just talking out your ass?

There is nothing left on the surface of the earth that is pristine
Even Antarctica is covered in lead pollution

>Also we're not talking a whole unnecessary cabin made of many trees
Everybody thinks their little bit doesn't do any harm. There are over 7 billion every bodies. Is math that hard?
>>
>>816789
I'm not going to engage you in an argument about the meaning of words, as for the every little bit, I appreciate that but not all 7 billion people go bush crafting, and compaired to commercial deforestation the impact is tiny for cutting down 1-2 trees every couple months. Once again I respect your opinion and see where you're coming from tho
>>
It's fine, OP. Only cut down trees that you have to, and try and do it in areas where they're away from trails/animals that use them for nesting/food.
>>
Read up about silviculture and tree thinning. I cut tons of live trees down, but they were destined to die anyway. If you do it right you're improving the forest. When I cut wood for my wood stove I practice the same, you can cut plenty and not harm the forest if you k now what you're doing.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.