[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Banana peel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

File: wpid-2014081253e9ddf6d14ff.jpg (224KB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
wpid-2014081253e9ddf6d14ff.jpg
224KB, 2592x1456px
Do you pack it back? Yesterday my brother went mental on me because I decided to throw it against a tree and I left it there to root. We started arguing and I called him retard, then he picked up the peel and left. He has not spoken to me since then.

His he overreacting?
>>
>>815961
i dunno op, would you mind walking on a bunch of rotting potato peels, egg shells and orange rinds while trying to relaxe in the /out/? pack your shit out with you, its a fucking banana peel, not an anvil
>>
File: 1468018021966.jpg (229KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1468018021966.jpg
229KB, 1280x853px
>>815964
Liam is that you here?
>>
File: geeps_or.png (88KB, 261x195px) Image search: [Google]
geeps_or.png
88KB, 261x195px
you're both retards anon
>>
File: 1468710219345.gif (2MB, 388x314px) Image search: [Google]
1468710219345.gif
2MB, 388x314px
>>816032
Geeps anon plz.
>>
File: shitsandwich.jpg (32KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
shitsandwich.jpg
32KB, 500x375px
I think anything compostable is OK- you coulda covered it up or alternately told him where you took a shit and let him pack that out too.
>>
You should pack it out unless it's indigenous to the area. A peel affects the ecosystem. It brings animals closer to the trail. It's also an eyesore.
>>
>>815961

>Take a shit in the banana peel
>Use fishing line to sew it back up
>leave it as a tasty treat for the next hiker
>>
>>815961
>I left it there to root

The peel is not the seed, it can't take root and grow into a banana tree.
>>
OP, I would like to put my banana in your tailpipe.
>>
>>816140
best reply for otherwise shit tier thread.
>>
>>815961
>root
rot is spelled with one o

and no, he's an idiot....unless there was a trash bin nearby, in that case it's just lazy not to dispose of it properly (if it's out in the woods, chuck it anywhere)

or unless you did think it would root, then you are the idiot
>>
>>815961
Bananas are all full of GMOs and is bad for the health of the soil. Why do you hate the planet so much, anon?
>>
>>816288
bullshit.

bananas take a long time to decay, it's not going to affect the soil much, you'll only create a hiding space for inverts.
>>
>>816288
Even organic bananas?

Yo. Bacteria, insects and worms will eat that shit up right-quick if the soil/heat/moisture doesn't get to it first. Now maybe if it's directly on the trail, especially when it's brick out- that might phase even me. Otherwise, it's fine imo to leave bio-degradeable material such as fruits out on the soil as would normally occur in nature anyway. Even better yet to bury it. Shit like plastic doggy-doo-doo bags 'n such, definitely pack that shit out or better yet don't bring them at all bc naturally things shit in the wild- what's wrong w you ppl.

Anyways, OPs bro is a retard but i'm sure his heart's in the right place.
>>
>>815961
Just throw it in a bush where nobody will see it and it can decompose in peace.

Otherwise throw it into the nearest river, it will was away and disappear just like your turds do.

Third option is best option- bury it in your shit hole. The shit acts as fertilizer and you will have a brand new banana bush before you know it!
>>
File: PEELS2.jpg (93KB, 780x671px) Image search: [Google]
PEELS2.jpg
93KB, 780x671px
>>815964
>he throws away the potato peels

>>816295
They have fungicide/insecticide sprayed onto them. Which is why they take forever to decompose. The bananas I used to grow had their peels rot inside of a few days. The store ones seem to dry out and last forever.
>>
>>815961
Trees can take a 100 years to break down. What is the problem?
>>
>>816340
I eat eco bananas that haven't been sprayed with anything and still last forever.
>>
File: MGTOW candidate.jpg (58KB, 556x313px) Image search: [Google]
MGTOW candidate.jpg
58KB, 556x313px
>>816340
>They have fungicide/insecticide sprayed onto them. Which is why they take forever to decompose

Oh my god you are retarded.
This is the kind of shit liberals actually believe.
Its fine to toss a banana peel in the woods.
Anyone who disagrees is not looking at the facts.
>>
>>816408
I didn't say don't do it, I just told you why they take longer to decompose.

>>816364
They are not eco bananas unless you grew them yourself. Most stores spray them with fungicide/insecticide and they don't have to tell you. Just lick the outside of the peel. If it was sprayed it will be extremely bitter. If it wasn't sprayed, it won't be extremely bitter.
>>
>>816288
>Bananas are all full of GMOs
>Bananas are all full of Genetically Modified Organisms
>full of Organisms
>>
>>816410
>they take longer to decompose
this is false
>>
>>816410
>They are not eco bananas unless you grew them yourself.
this is what americans actually think.
>and they don't have to tell you
yes they do.
>>
File: banana.jpg (34KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
banana.jpg
34KB, 500x375px
>not bringing a pack monkey to tally you banans
>>
>>816423
>this is what americans actually think.

That is what is done. I've personally spent 12 hour shifts spraying organic fruit and vegetables with 3 different non-organic pesticides for 6 months at one of my old jobs in a local grocery store. When you work in various food industries and learn exactly what is happening, your perspective on everything starts to change.

>yes they do.

Not at all.

>>816420
Fungicides prevent fungi like mold from decomposing the fruit until enough time has passed to wash off the pesticide, it has broken down, or the peel was decomposed from the other side.

It takes quite a long time when there is something sprayed on it when compared to something home grown (same cultivar) and not sprayed at all.
>>
File: 1444117574531.jpg (55KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1444117574531.jpg
55KB, 640x640px
>>816295
>>816318
>>816414
>>
I'd leave it. If it rots I don't see a problem to throw it away.
>>
>>816537
this guy is right, if it decomposes why not just throw it on the ground. hell, styrofoam decomposes, so by that logic lets just throw them around the forest too
>>
>>816441
that's illegal in europe, you can't slap a bio logo on something that isn't actually bio.
>>
>>816592
>In Europe everyone follows the law because to break the law is illegal

Don't you guys sell fake cheese, wine fortified with anti freeze and have a truck problem?
>>
>>816573
>styrofoam decomposes
no it does not
>>
>>816772
that was the point, styro would take over a million years to decompose. the point is to not throw your trash on the ground no matter what it is. if you eat a banana, at least bury it, i dont want to be hiking and see the leavings of the last 20 people who went through there
>>
>>816796
And banana peels left in a warm environment will take like a couple weeks. Comparing littering styrofoam to tossing food trash makes you either intellectually dishonest or too retarded to tell the difference.

That being said I always chunk my biodegradable food trash somewhere out of sight so it doesn't bother anybody.
>>
Don't leave stuff like that in the open directly on the trail, it reminds other people that you were there before. Make a little hole and cover it with dirt or something like that.

If it's in bumfuck nowhere, then do whatever. It will rot away naturally.
>>
>>815961
Bury it

Problem solved
>>
This is why the only fresh fruit I take /out/ are apples. Because I can consume the entire fruit and I don't have to worry about carrying the leftovers with me.
>>
>>815961
I just throw it on the ground, what the fuck is wrong with you people?
>>
>>815961
bananas and many thick-rinded fruit take a loooong time to deteriorate/break down outside of a tropical environment. it becomes an eyesore, and signals to other hikers that it's ok to leave trash. you can't count on others to make the same distinction between types of trash, so they might just leave wrappers and bottles lying around because (why not?) it's just more trash.

also: LEAVE NO TRACE IN NATURE SPACE

personally i would definitely pack it out
>>
>>816751
probably, but you're not allowed to promote unhealthy products as healthy or claim there's no pesticides in it while there are, otherwise you get sued for bank.
>>
>>816997
So you adulterated products are OK, but legit products that make claims that your masters don't like are verboten?
>>
>>817286
The hippies and vegans are really that bored. They don't have real jobs or any real hobbies, so they have nothing better to do besides ensuring that foods labeled "Organic" really are organic and pesticide free.

It's the same in the US. Check out all the "Pastuerizes Cheese Product" you find in your grocery store. And the hippies are bad here too. A couple years ago in CA I believe, a bunch of those fucks were pushing for Naked Juice to take all of their "Natural" or whatever labels off of the bottles because they used GMO fruits and veggies. But Pepsi just paid off a ton of politicians and crushed the hippies. Or something like that.

>tfw Whole Foods sells Naked Juice and Tropicana in their stores, which is supplied by Pepsi
>tfw delivering to the stores and we can't even wear anything with a Pepsi logo on it because Whole Foods is against anything like that
At some Whole Foods, we can't even deliver with a Pepsi truck and have to take a truck with Tropicana logos on it or they bitch and moan
>>
File: ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING.jpg (750KB, 1397x1048px) Image search: [Google]
ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING.jpg
750KB, 1397x1048px
>>817304
>tfw Whole Foods sells Naked Juice and Tropicana in their stores, which is supplied by Pepsi
>tfw delivering to the stores and we can't even wear anything with a Pepsi logo on it because Whole Foods is against anything like that
>At some Whole Foods, we can't even deliver with a Pepsi truck and have to take a truck with Tropicana logos on it or they bitch and moan

That's pretty retarded. Fucking hippies.

Also, holy shit it's pepsifag. Never seen you outside of truckerfag threads.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.