[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/out/ing alone how is it, guys? Yes? No? Depends?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9

File: 1465529483674.jpg (1MB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1465529483674.jpg
1MB, 2000x1333px
>/out/ing alone
how is it, guys? Yes? No? Depends?
>>
File: depends-450x300.jpg (43KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
depends-450x300.jpg
43KB, 450x300px
I would say pic related
>>
>>815951
Yeah I go alone because I go to get away from people.
>>
>>815958
do you find it awkward if you come across groups of friends and you're the only loner there?
>>
>>815959
Nope, only happened one time, they were lost and I guided them 1.5 miles back to where they were supposed to be.

I'm normally out scouting in preparation for hunting so I'm not on human trails.

Also, always been a loner.
>>
File: 1468542495673.jpg (119KB, 500x339px) Image search: [Google]
1468542495673.jpg
119KB, 500x339px
>>815960
Thanks mate, I'm asking because at this time of life me and my old friends have different tastes in life, so I either go with a cousin (who despite loving it too, can't always go) or I go alone. But I kinda feel weird about crossing patch with people and being a lone mid twenties male, maybe I just need to stop being a pussy and care about others think.
>>
>>815965
> maybe I just need to stop being a pussy and care about others think.
It comes with age son.
>>
>>815966
I guess so.
>>
>>815951
Its a little boring, make sure to bring some entertainment like a book or some music to listen to.
>>
>>816020
Really? Who does this?
>hike, setup camp, fire, go to sleep

I can see what would happen to me
>get to spot, setup camp, flashlight/lantern + book
>focus on book
>headphones
>ignore woods
>when animals attack
>diededededed
>>
File: IMG_20160708_115336.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160708_115336.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
> alone
> bring a pussy
Pick one, unless you're into dudes.

Solo ATV ride planned for tomorrow.
>>
>>816101
2004 dodge?
>>
Going to the woods alone can be fantastic.

Personally I am more hardcore than other people so I get to practice my skills more alone than with a group of people. Nobody wants to run 5 miles up hills in the woods and build a shelter and go hunting and get wood all in the same day but that only takes a few hours for me to get done.

When I go /out/ with others it is usually just camping or hiking.

True /out/ things are meant to be done alone or with someone of equal skill level
>>
File: IMG_20150910_181423.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150910_181423.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
>>816104
Aught 2 Dodge 136K, aught 6 Can Am 6k.
>>
>>816107
totally radical dude! do u suck your own after that too?
>>
File: FILE1714-L.jpg (71KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
FILE1714-L.jpg
71KB, 800x600px
>>815951
>>/out/ing alone
iz grate!
>how is it, guys? Yes? No? Depends?
>No
if you're not sure of your gear, your capabilities, or your ability to self-rescue as much as possible.... or if you don't have equipment to get help should something happen.

>Yes
Let someone know where you're going/your route, and when you'll be back or check-in.

>Depends
My riding gets dialed back a few clicks if i'm solo, and I don't generally explore new areas on my own (and definitely not at night).

In the snow/avalanche terrain, no fucking way. That risk is not worth it to me.

I moto solo fairly regularly. I know I have the skills and equipment (tools/spare parts, first-aid, communications gear) to deal with most of what may happen out innawoods.
There's a number of people I trust that i'll let know i'm going riding, and I usually tell a few coworkers the night before if I'm planning on going somewhere.
While it's never happened, I'd hope at least one of those groups would raise a flag if I hadn't checked-in by the next morning.

I like the freedom of being able to go where I want to go, at the pace I want to go.
Or, stop for however long I want to get a photo I want (which sometimes can be hours).
>>
Daily reminder that getting a blowjob while solo is next to impossible.
>>
>>816182
>>816107

Tbh I'm asking more about the social part of /out/ing alone than only about being skilled or not, becauin that regard I'm pretty sure about myself. Thanks for the answers though.
>>
>>816224
I'm >>816107

Eventually you get more used to being alone in the woods over time.

Go for a week, then two, etc. Aim for 6 months eventually. Any longer is outside the realm of reasonability unless you have really a lot of resources.

What helps the most besides actually being alone in the woods is developing a personal or worldly philosophy that rewards isolation or being alone.
>>
>>816227
>is developing a personal or worldly philosophy that rewards isolation or being alone
Pls continue
>>
>>816241
Like running long distance challenging ones patience is a virtue. Check out Henry David Thoreau's writing "Walking". Try to really think critically about how someone could enjoy something so simple.

Also read the Tao Te Ching. Good philosophies in there.

Being flat out self sufficient is wonderful too, and hey this is actually very easy if you're autistic.
>>
>>816246
Very much appreciated kind anon, I will look into that.
>>
File: sweettreelove.png (1MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
sweettreelove.png
1MB, 1920x1090px
>>815951
I'm never alone and always alone

the trees are my only friends....they don't judge
>>
>>816099
I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
File: same.jpg (16KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
same.jpg
16KB, 500x461px
>>816291
i got u m8
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.