[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

bike damage question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: bike.jpg (400KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
bike.jpg
400KB, 960x540px
I was told a while ago that this is the place to come to for bikes. I carried a 30lb bag on my handlebar and now the bike rides differently (go figure). I'll carry it on the other side next time to create equal wear. Question: the repair for this is to buy a new handlebar, right? Nothing more could have been damaged than the handlebar, right?
>>
If the handle bar is bent take the grip off, put a bar or something round and smaller inside, then straighten it.
>>
>>814934
So you think the damage has to stop at the handle bar, and you think I should straighten it?
>>
>>814930
/n/ is more the bicycle board
>>
>>814937
Why don't you physically assess the bike to see where the fucking problem actually is instead of just guessing at shit?

I can't imagine what kind of carboard bike you own that it was damaged by putting 30lb on the handlebars.
>>
>>814930
>30lb bag on my handlebar
shouldn't do a goddamn thing that's really no weight for a bike
when i lean on my handlebars downhill it gets 4-500 lbs force often enough
>>
>>814930
former bike mechanic here. There's a ton of shit that could've been fucked by that weight, and most of it should only take a few readjustments to fix it (unless your bike was a house of cards kind of situation, in which you should be glad you didn't wreck).

Gimme your make/model, and a lot alot alot a lot more detail on what is wrong in terms of "riding differently". If you wanna take a picture of the cockpit/the whole front of the bike, that would help too
>>
Check that your bars are straight. FWIW bikepacking bags is a fucking cancerous loadout.
>>
>>815063
This is what happens when you stress shitbikes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10s0o4nrUqs
>>
My back wheel bent because it hates me
>>
>>815497
i have a fringe mark entry level bike nothing high grade or fancy on it and it has zero issues, i mean tesco shit is really no go but these things are nearly indestructible normally.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.