[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cucumber Thieve

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
I murder a couple each night. Now my fruit is finally coming out. They will bite the tomatoes and bark off the roses too. There's probly a nasty little family living under the porch and chewing on the hose. Anybody else have success with pest control in yo garden?
>>
>>813821
Combined spring traps and sticky pads along the walls and rafters near the entry points. Use peanut butter for bait and have found using different traps allows for better genocides of the invasive whiskered migrants
>>
>>813821
Go get a dozen unsnipped male tom cats.
>>
>>813821
I had rats move in once into an area where I couldn't set rat traps. I tried all sorts of things, but what finally worked was a lot of shovel work to make it so that they were contained in a small area, cramming the hose into their den and sitting at the entrance with a 22 loaded with 22 shot shells.
>>
>>813821
Come on... Really?

Buy some fucking chicken wire!
>>
File: IMG_20151206_014727.jpg (237KB, 1078x1073px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151206_014727.jpg
237KB, 1078x1073px
>>814522
YES
>>
>>813821
They are a pain in the ass. Were never a problem but our last cat died two years ago. I had the most beautiful cantaloupe last year. I watered it and thumped it everyday awaiting it to ripen. Apparently the chipmunk was keeping an eye on it too as when it finally got fully developed, the little bastard ate a hole right to the center so it could take all the seeds.
>>
>>814588
Nope. It may gonna keep foxes or muskrat away but rats?

I find that loads of spring traps and an air rifle (with cheap scope and IR setup) would be the best way to deal with rats

Got the idea from youtube. there's a time when I shot like a dozen rats. Some of them are ridiculously large, like a foot in length
>>
>>814644
Here's the video btw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q09cJnH5NtQ

I've got a canon digital camera which would do just fine, In fact, you could use your smartphone for the setup
>>
File: minpin_n.jpg (42KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
minpin_n.jpg
42KB, 453x604px
Min Pin doges kill chipmunks all day long.
>>
>>814744
Why?
>>
>>814744
Get a jack russel instead of a min pin, guaranteed to exterminate that rodent problem in no time.
>>
>>813821

Once had a whole pack of Norway rats living under my porch.

Every time I would go out the back door, they would scamper out from under the porch and run up into this willow tree at the end of it.

I started setting the jumbo traps with peanut butter in the tree. Killed every last one of those mother fuckers plus a few Blue Jays for good measure.
>>
>>813821
Fucking hate those things. They are why I don't grow tomatoes anymore (they do leave my cucumbers alone for some reason tho).

Keep trapping them. (I gave up because my neighbors got upset and complained (how could you do that?!?!) and I figured it wasn't worth an argument as I'm in an HOA and everything that comes along with that.)

But the traps might not get them all. So for a final solution, I'd find a burrow and use gopher smoke bombs.
>>
File: Funny-Squirrel-17.jpg (983KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Funny-Squirrel-17.jpg
983KB, 1920x1200px
Years back, my uncle had squirrels constantly raiding his garden, so he bought a live-trap and every other day or so he’d catch one (there were shitloads of them around, due to all the huge old trees in the neighborhood) and drive down to the city park about a mile away and let it go.

Until one day a cop caught him and told him it was illegal to trap and release squirrels so after that, my uncle just shot them with a .22.

(note: this was in the middle of a subdivision…)
>>
>>816890
>I'm in an HOA
I feel sorry for you man. I'm in ag zoned land in a rural area, I can basically kill any animal at any time if it might cause property damage, attack livestock or I feel threatened by it. The only limit is explosive ordinance, I have to apply for a permit and pay a $45 fee first.
>>
>>813821
F
>>
>>814522
Won't cat piss and shit also kill the plants?
>>
>>815187
killing makes him feel alive
>>
File: catturdday.jpg (100KB, 580x410px) Image search: [Google]
catturdday.jpg
100KB, 580x410px
I don't even have a garden and my cats still bring these to the porch all the time. They dont even have to be unneutered males. Cat piss wiill kill your grass but they usually dig a hole in some mulch or dirt to do their business.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.