[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm tired of living on other peoples terms, tired of paying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: se2Vuws.jpg (78KB, 638x810px) Image search: [Google]
se2Vuws.jpg
78KB, 638x810px
I'm tired of living on other peoples terms, tired of paying rent, paying insurance, paying for cars, paying for gas, registration all that nonsense.

I'm going to become 'homeless' on purpose.

My plans are to get a cruddy job somewhere, a tent, sleeping bag and other necessities and live off of the gym, library, laundromat and laptop/tether.

Has anyone done something like this? Pros/cons?
>>
>>813071
>You so lie/bait.
>0/10
>>
>>813075
Thanks for bumping my thread idiot, but this board is nearly dead so I suppose you win somehow.

Have my bits as commendation
>>
>>813077
You are puny and hatefull.

You will never matter.

Dig dumpsters and repeat, "I'm a winner."
>>
>>813071
>>>/r9k/
sage
>>
>>813071
we have a /Vagabond General/, go to the catalog
>>
>>813091
thanks
>>
Pros: none
Cons: you'll probably smell, be late for your job from not sleeping due to stress and exhaustion, get fired, become a bum for real, pick up a heroine or crack addiction, your mind and body will quickly decay, you'll die and some hobo necrophiliacs will jizz in your corpse
Pros: you will not be able to post shitty threads on /out/ after the first month
>>
>>813110
I'm sorry, I should've made a knives thread, please forgive me /out/
>>
>>813071

I agree with your outlook and wish you much success in your endeavors. You have no responsibility to live a life you find unfulfilling.
>>
>>813071
Do it, then post about it. No one here gives up fuck that you are fantasizing about being a bum.

... but I feel you op. Godspeed.
>>
File: flcl.jpg (73KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
flcl.jpg
73KB, 1024x768px
>responds outta genuine curiosity and oh no, dup threads.

Have you considered your monthly living expenses?
Laundry's $5 per visit, gym membership's around $50-60/mo, and assuming you'll use the gym for more than a shower, that's around $20-30 a week on food: tuna/bread, chili/rice, misc drinks/snacks, so $110 for a greedy estimate; $220 if you want some insurance for job droughts.

And you said you're tired of living on other's terms and wouldn't have a mailing address unless ya wanna rent out a PO box [$20/mo], so most bottom tier jobs are out, yeah? Or will you still allow for day labor and/or misc craigslist gigs?
And you probably wanna tell banks to fuck off, so you'll be passing any non-cash pay checks thru bitwala/bitwage or something, yeah? Or will you still stick with banks for the monetary safety net and ability to not have to carry wads of cash on you?

I would assume you were also thinking of going thru online options like mturk, postloop, or fiverr, since you'd be at a library for a long stretch of the day, yeah?
Would flipping misc things from thrift stores and selling em to peeps/pawn shops also be a willing option?

I'm just wondering what sorta "cruddy jobs" you were thinking of getting.
And what sort of skills do you have? Any computer/coding experience? Licenses? Degrees?
If you're gonna escape the housing realm, but remain tied to society, if even loosely, just wanna make sure you figure what you're getting yourself into...
>>
Im living in my car and do pretty much that. Its not that great. I need to get a job.
>>
>>813158
>yeah?
>>
>>813071
Buy, they are right when they say homeless people are mentally ill.
>>
>>813158
>And you said you're tired of living on other's terms and wouldn't have a mailing address unless ya wanna rent out a PO box [$20/mo], so most bottom tier jobs are out, yeah?

You'd be surprised. You can literally put down any address then update it to a PO box later on in employment. I also have a bank account, what I'm planning on doing isn't going complete 'fuck the system' but only cutting out parts of the system that aren't useful and maximize my income so If I ever get in a bad situation I can just up and leave and live somewhere else with minimal, if any, disturbances.

>I would assume you were also thinking of going thru online options like mturk, postloop, or fiverr, since you'd be at a library for a long stretch of the day, yeah?

I'd actually have my laptop and phone to tether too, Library would be used for it's resources, renting books etc.

All that shit doesn't even pay well, you don't really know how low my expenses are after the 'bills'. I've saved over 3 grand just by working part-time at a grocery store in 8 months while paying rent, gas, insurance, food. It's really fucking easy to be frugal. Money isn't my concern.

>what sort of skills do you have? Any computer/coding experience? Licenses? Degrees?

I actually have years of experience in sales/retail. Everything customer facing. I also have years of self taught web development(mainly STACK, mainly windows stack, some linux stack).

>just wanna make sure you figure what you're getting yourself into...

I've been homeless before, it's really not that bad. The hardest part is keeping a routine and travel(there's actually tons of government assistance if you're between jobs like food stamps and free celphone service).

I understand there's a stigma attached to it and ways to minimize that association.
>>
>>813071
Who is this cock stock?
>>
>>813259
> library
> renting books

Retard confirmed.
>>
File: alizee.jpg (845KB, 1000x1536px) Image search: [Google]
alizee.jpg
845KB, 1000x1536px
>>813263
Alizee you plebian, she isn't as good looking as she was in here hay days but she's still pretty hot.
>>
Wasn't there a guy that posted on here that had basically made himself a home in the wilderness with a reliable source of food and water? I haven't seen anything from him in a while, wonder if he's still around.
>>
File: 14684502787091427259158.jpg (985KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
14684502787091427259158.jpg
985KB, 2048x1152px
>>813850

Dont think im who your talking about

But theres a fair amount of fuck society im my life.
>>
>>813071
there are off the grid / prepper communities you can go fuck with. do some looking around for preppers.
you sound like you are about to do something halfway. If you are going to go homeless you might as well just hitch hike and bum money off people in various cities you stop through and plot some sort of course. Maybe get a handgun and a CC license for self preservation purposes.
you cant expect to go live somewhere for free indefinitely and not encounter some issues / police etc
>>
>>813071
Work seasonal jobs.
You move around a lot, meet all kinds of people and generally only worry about whatever you can carry with you.

I'm working for a rafting company in Alaska right now and I pay $100 for a 10x12 tent (provided) in the company campground and a shower and kitchen in the guide shack.

In the winter I work at an on-mountain ski lodge in Utah that has an employee dorm, cafeteria and a free season pass
>>
>>814165
Is that your house?
>>
>>814165
I think the guy I meant was in Australia or something, had a few lizards come up to his place and chill. Made his home out of like a trailer or rental unit he bought.
>>
>>813274
>>813263
She got a bunch of tattoos and it ruined her.
>>
>>814237
>>813274
>>813263
>>
>>813071
I'm sick of NPCs and the lengths they go to for meaning
>>
>>814183

Yea. Octagon more than house. But what I live in. Started building it 3 years ago, finished up last year.
>>
>>814474
Woah is that public land off in the forest? or yours?
>>
>>813071
I just back from a several-month trip where I only started with about a hundred bucks. I did a lot of hitchhiking, sleeping alongside freeways and railroad tracks, bathing in anything from shallow creeks to private lakes (idk, no one stopped me...) and using whatever WiFi I happened across. I'm kind of miserable now that its over but I'm looking into getting a van to convert so I can have the best of both worlds. I'll probably have to work a few months out of the year to cover expenses, but its still better than wage-slaving full time, imo.
>>
>>814178
this anon has it right

>winter
ski teaching / other resort jobs
>spring
landscaping, construction
>summer
see above, tour guide
>fall
take chicks on scenic hikes, make them pay for the D like mac dre
>>
>>813263
>>813274
>>814237
>>814238
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6omsDyFNlk
>>
>>814860

Its mine.
5 acres for 20 grand 3 years ago.
I had to borrow money to buy it, which makes it awesome for me, but not really replicable as a viable strategy. Loans for land are not a thig, cuz theres no collateral in the banks eyes, so you have to use a personal loan.

It was supposed to be too steep to build. Average grade is 25%. I hauled stuff up with a lawn tractor and trailer up a path i built.

Unfortunately, you try and pull something this legit off on public land, you will be found and shut down.

Ultimately i am a 40+ hour a week wagecuck to pay for this. Land is paid off
, i have like 3 grand in the bank but still have to build a garage for my /o/ dreams.

The piece next to me is for sale for 48 grand now. Wild
>>
>>813071
i'm going to be homeless soon. there are many warehouse jobs starting at $10/hr, i have a decent bicycle (and lock), and i have a $195/mo food stamp card, planet fitness is $10/mo and has a shower and free food (pizza and bagels on the other day). My plan is to work till have have enough for the cheapest apartment, i live in tulsa which has the cheapest apartments in the states. I think it'll be about a month till i can find a place for myself so this is temporary. This is just my situation though, if i were you i'd look for a planet fitness and a temp agency and steal a bike or something
>>
>>815085
You got utilities ran?
>>
>>815426

Super simple solar/batteries setup for lights and music phone charging, just haul water in 5 gallons at a time.

Little 15 amp generator for tools and anything else 110, heat with propane in the winter.

So nope :)
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.