[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/out/ music/films double thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: 342178.jpg (800KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
342178.jpg
800KB, 1680x1050px
I didn't feel like making two different threads so whatever.
>Music
What is your favorite music to listen to while out? If you're like me and prefer the natural sounds, what music do you listen to now?

>Film
What is your favorite nature based movie?
>>
File: check.jpg (97KB, 448x450px) Image search: [Google]
check.jpg
97KB, 448x450px
>>812769
I dont listen to music while outside, I prefer natures sounds. For Road trips classic rock, otherwise classical piano or a lot of random songs/artists I like without a general genre.

I like your pic, Touching the Void, or shows like alone in the wild (too much crying in this one, even tho it seemed authentic and interesting)

Also check these doubles
>>
>>812782
If documentaries count there is more to talk about like planet earth etc
>>
>>812782
>Missing doubles in one of the slowest boards

Anon pls
>>
>>812783
I mean stories, like Into the Wild.
>>
File: TownesVanZandt+doggie.png (161KB, 500x560px) Image search: [Google]
TownesVanZandt+doggie.png
161KB, 500x560px
>>812769

This music was made to be played innawoods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjGOxo0KDMs
>>
>music
Wardruna, usually prefer hearing the nature tho

>films
Other than docus not much. I remember I found The Last Trapper to be interesting.

Anyone have some nature/animal/survival/out docu recommendations?
>>
I recently watched a film called unbranded on Netflix about some dudes that ride mustangs from Mexico to Canada, not super /out/ but still cool. Along the same strain I loved 180 Degrees South. Also, Mile, Mile and a Half is great and inspired me to hike the JMT.
>>
>>812858
I fucked up. For /out/ music I like to listen to Odesza, Stumbleine and related artists. Very chill, beautiful music and adds to the adventure aspect of being /out/
>>
File: 1468114796544.jpg (71KB, 369x461px) Image search: [Google]
1468114796544.jpg
71KB, 369x461px
>Music
Only the most cliched things I can think of: Red House Painters, Jackson C. Frank, Nick Drake, and Bruce Springsteen are some favorites.

>Film
I honestly don't know any good /out/ movies... Encounters at the End of the World is gud, but it's more /trv/ if anything
>>
>>812769
>music
Fernhill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUMpcHyfdN0
Also Eddie Vedder, Rusted Root, Jeremy Soule, Johnny Cash, Kelpie, Mark O'Connor, Edgar Meyer, Yo Yo Ma

>Film
I tend to like more /out/ books than films usually, but I might honestly say The Revenant stands out as my favorite currently.
>>
Only listen to music on the drive out and back. Typically J/K-POP, War on Drugs, Neo-Classical, Harsh noise, Old Western, Sun Kil Moon, hardstyle, or psychedelic rock. Whatever I am in the mood for.
It is fun pulling into a gas station listening to sugary J-POP covered from head to toe in dirt, blood, and sweat from a weekend maintaining and climbing along my favorite trails. People don't pull up aside me at stop lights, don't know if it is the smell or the music.

For movies I liked Valley Uprising, The great alone, the evil dead, moonrise kingdom, any western, grace of monaco, and cheaper by the dozen 2.
>>
>music
>not bringing an instrument or singing

>film
>not using your imagination
>>
>music
I like listening to ambient and chillstep. Good ambient band would be Carbon Based Lifeforms and the album Interloper.
Also really like the songs: Stephen - Start a Fire and Jose Gonzalez - Step Outside

>movies
Into the Wild, Secret Life of Walter Mitty
>>
>>812769
I usually listen to techno while I hike. Anyone else know this feel? Also, I would totally fuck 18-25 year old Emile Hirsch but that movie was terrible.
>>
>>812819
Pretty sure Townes only made music for drinking at home all alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rmo3fKeveo
/out/ music from scenic Mongolia.
>>
File: 4a_photo_wild.jpg (337KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4a_photo_wild.jpg
337KB, 1920x1080px
i was waiting for her death all the movie
>>
File: 180southposter.jpg (194KB, 444x628px) Image search: [Google]
180southposter.jpg
194KB, 444x628px
>>812769
the book is alot more interesting.

pic related is the best film/doc ive seen that is /out/ related. I end up listening to the soundtrack of this, into the wild and also old coldplay.

Caught myself listening to daydreaming by radiohead alot when im out on the hills
>>
>>816498
name of movie?
>>
John Fahey and Robbie Basho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8uVv8ckfTY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA2uHQ9XBI8
>>
>>812769
>Music
probably some pretentious folk or noise rock desu
>film
That dumbass chef film
>>
>>816567
'Wild', 2014. Prepare to be disgusted. Or just don't watch this abortion of a """"true story"""" about a narcissistic whore.
>>
>>817467
This anon gets it
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.