[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got this Realistic Channel Pro-2005 off an ex-prepper at a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: 1468185291327.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
1468185291327.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
I got this Realistic Channel Pro-2005 off an ex-prepper at a car boot sale today, I've never tried ham radio before and can't work out how to make it scan through frequencies. It searches through memory banks instead. The manual is no help either.

Can someone into prepping or ham radio help me out? I know I need a license to transmit, I can't transmit on it as it has no microphone socket. I just want to tune into something.

Radio thread I guess.
>>
>>812201
we have a radio general somwhere OP, those guys can shirly help you
>>
>>812201
You need to register yourself for a call #. If you get caught hamming without one you can be in serious trouble. This is not just about transmitting and there is a mike jack on that model. It's the Pro-2005
>>
File: IMG_20151118_222020517_HDR-L.jpg (110KB, 800x451px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151118_222020517_HDR-L.jpg
110KB, 800x451px
>>812201
That's a scanner, it doesn't have the circuits for transmission. Only thing "illegal" you can do with it is (try to) break encryption.

The manual tells you how to program channels and has a section on "bank" operation. Select a bank, program in frequencies, and start scanning.

That scanner won't be much help since almost every jurisdiction now has moved to P25 digital. Those that are still on analog are usually trunked.

Smaller/volunteer districts still use analog equipment, most still maintain an analog channel/freq pair for legacy equipment like narc/lock boxes and for interop.

Another option for scanning is a SDR receiver. This is just the receiver part of a radio, that plugs into your computer. Software on the computer is what's doing the decoding... which makes cheap hardware very powerful.
>>
>>812241
If you get caught listening to fisrt responder channels you can be in troubles.
>>
>>812226
Don't listen to this guy.
>>
>>812243
and you're still wrong.

Unless you're using a scanner during the commission of another crime, or if you've managed to break an encrypted channel, there's nothing illegal about listening to emcomms.
>>
>>812243
Sometimes I wish we had to register accounts so people this fucking stupid could be identified.
>>
>>812226
Uh yeah, you know nothin'
>>
>>812243
What country are you in?

In the US you can listen all you want. The only time its illegal is if you're doing something else illegal... or in California
>>
File: IMGP9930.jpg (2MB, 3405x2269px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP9930.jpg
2MB, 3405x2269px
Juuuust wondering if any of you radio guise would be looking to buy any nice vintage radio mics? I refurb old mics for a hobby/business but sales are slow and I'm startig to run out of cash. Sorry to shill.
>>
>>813742
Are they USB?
>>
File: img-thing.png (54KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.png
54KB, 300x300px
>>813758
no
>>
>>813768
price range?
>>
>>813742
Didn't I see you on Reddit about 2-3 years ago shilling your mics?
>>
>>814433
wellt hese vintage beauts are pretty much between $50 and $200, depending

>>814470
nope. never been to reddit, and I didn't start refurbing mics until this year
>>
http://www.repeater-builder.com/radio-shack/pro-200x/pro-2005-om.pdf

You should be able to pic up amateurs on it at least.
>>
>>814484
go to reddit those cucks will gobble that shit up
>>
>>817720
eh I don't wanna go to reddit. i'll be fine ƒam
>>
>>813742
some of those are gorgeous. if I wasn't destitute poor I would gladly give you business.
>>
File: mics_before_after_01.jpg (1MB, 1600x4188px) Image search: [Google]
mics_before_after_01.jpg
1MB, 1600x4188px
>>817740
s'all good mang! and yeah i'm kind of attached to them †bh. but to keep things going i gotta sell some, so i can buy some, and repeat. the profit margin can be pretty good when you get real junkers that need a lot of work, and it so rewarding taking a mic that hasn't spoken in 30, 40, 50 years and bringing it back. radio enthusiasts and certain musicians and sound engineers really love them
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.