[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to become an adventurer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 101.jpg (183KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
101.jpg
183KB, 1600x900px
Greetings /out/,

I am a 23 y/o male that lived a mostly sheltered life and after going /out/ with some friends, I discovered a passion about anything related to outdoors. I went fishing, hiking, sailing, canoeing, cut down some dead trees and it truly sparked within me. I have a lot of free time because of my schedule and I was wondering...how to become an adventurer like pic related? The kind of things you see in National Geographic/ Are there some courses or events I should take? I already have my scuba diving, climbing and hunting license...what else should I do/buy?
I just seems limitless and I am overwhelmed by the amount of things you can do. I am living in Quebec by the way.
>>
File: thumbs up.jpg (39KB, 428x288px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.jpg
39KB, 428x288px
>climbing license
>mfw
>>
Just go outside man there's not much to it. What boats in your picture?
>>
>>811690
Is that a pic you've taken?

Don't know what's the official definition of an adventurer, or what kind of stories they have on NG.

But I'd say, while you can do all the above you'll need to choose one or two of them as your main focus. Better start with one.
Start going and doing the common routes of that sport, you'll meet people along the way and hear recommendations from other places they've been. Go to some of these places.
Slowly do harder and harder routes.

At some point (maybe) you'll be good enough to look at the map/cliff/consult with locals/whatever and make try to make your own routes, new routes, easy ones.
Slowly increase in difficulty.

Along the way, after you choose a focus you'll get into the community of that sport, you'll be able to get better advice from them.

I imagine it's something like that, Most of the /out/ stories that make it to normie media is either about some brave rescue from a calamity that happened on the way, some speed... something done very quickly, or outright stupid life risking things like free climbing.

But I'm not big on trad media.
>>
Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to get something along the lines of a Wilderness First Responder / Wilderness First Aid certification.
>>
>>811785
Yeah I already have the course scheduled
>>
>>811690
>How to become an adventurer?

Get a sword and armor, then check bars for mysterious hooded man.
If possible, bring that nerdy guy along.
>>
>>811690
Learn to fly? Skydive? Spend a year alone in the wilderness?
If you have the money and the time, you can literally do anything.
>>
>>811690
>cut down some dead trees
why?
>>
>>812221
Remember that all the gear in the world cannot make up for role play.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.