[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

boots and shoes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 15

File: 1457404155982.png (694KB, 856x639px) Image search: [Google]
1457404155982.png
694KB, 856x639px
Im in the market for a new pair of hiking boots or shoes. I previously had Merrill moab ventilators which tore the shit out of my foot on a 50mi backpacking trip. My requirements are that I can backpack with up to 40lbs day after day comfortably. I dont care whether or not it has gortex.

I liked the look of Adidas outdoor line but I tried their swift x shoe at REI today and it didnt feel that great. My budget is $150 or less.
>>
not OP, going to bump because I need some new hiking shoes as well. Went for a couple short hikes recently and what I have is insufficient.
>>
>>811559
Bumping. I'm going to Canada in a couple weeks and my current plan is some basketball shoes for arch and ankle support. Will this work.
>>
File: BESTBOOUT.jpg (20KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
BESTBOOUT.jpg
20KB, 500x500px
This is the best footware for /out/.There was a thread on this boot not too long ago. Basic points from it
-last many years of daily work outside
-waterproof
-good grips
>>
>>812837
>makes your feet sweat
>awful support
>insoles are garbage
>too high and no real ankle support if you get ventilated ones
>requires special socks
>look like a faggot

It seems like you have no experience with jungle boots friend. Civilian side is always better.
>>
File: tootsies.jpg (15KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
tootsies.jpg
15KB, 226x223px
>>812850
Name one boots that doesnt make your feet sweat. Your feets always sweat dumbass its what happens when hiking. Thats why you wear good socks and have a second pair. Sorry u can't wear your fucking special tard yoga socks.
>>
File: BEUTBEAUT.jpg (30KB, 500x472px) Image search: [Google]
BEUTBEAUT.jpg
30KB, 500x472px
>>812850
these are what theymade in VIETNAM for fighting in JUNGLES. same thing just less leather so don't cry about ankle support
>>
Nike sfb. I was always hesitant about these boots. I had them while in Afghanistan and they lasted the entire 10 month rotation.
>>
>>812837
You clearly have not walked a mile in these boots.
>>
>>813004
you're right I haven't, I run and hike in these boots. And I work in them. These are the finest boots and are designed for men who are used to wearing boots not sissies who never grew out of the sketchers their mommy bought them. If you have a better boot id like to see it.
>>
>>812837
Its literally 1 or 2 posters saying these are good because they are triple stitched, everyone else can see they are useless and not worth the cheap price they sell them for
>>
File: boots.jpg (142KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
boots.jpg
142KB, 1024x1024px
I need shoes to go /out/ in

I found these for DIRT FUCKING CHEAP

They are also half a size bigger than what I wear day to day

are they suitable out shoes or will they fuck me over
>>
>>813300
also, will the half size being too big be ok? I'm assuming I will have thicker socks on to go out in
>>
>>813300
>>813304
Half size larger is a good call. Most ppls feet tend to swell when hiking, also carying a pack increases this proportionately to how much weight. Best bet is to pack up some weight in a bag and go for a walk, throw some stairs or a hill in the mix. Ar these the $30 ones off Amazon? How do they feel? Do they seem cheap? Was thinking about a getting a pair for a certain project didn't want to destroy my decent boots.
>>
>>813330
Nah being sold in person. They're just work boots from what I can tell but I need something other than dress shoes / skate shoes / trainers to actually door outdoor shit in that wont ruin

Gonna go pick them up tomorrow, fuck it its only 30 bucks
>>
>>813300
I have no particular experience with these, but they seem to be more of a working boot sort of thing, rather than something for hiking.
However, I do have experience with three pairs of sneakers made by this company and they were utter trash. Looked good, but the materials and especially the glue and stitches would start coming apart after a month of casual wear. Judging from the picture, I'd expect similar from these, just look at the sole.
I think waste of money + most likely not optimal for actual walking in the countryside.
>>
>>813300
have lots of experience with cats, most comfortable boots ive ever owned, walked around europe for a month in these exclusively, cant go wrong m8
>>
>>813300
>>813304
>>813337
Don't buy for hiking, they are worse than sport shoes for that purpose.
>>
File: softsole.jpg (8KB, 263x192px) Image search: [Google]
softsole.jpg
8KB, 263x192px
I wear these, fite me /out/
>>
>>815192
are they triple stitched? NO. Fuck you get out. Cram them down your throat and dont breath anymore.
>>
>>815199
Make me fgt. They're comfy as fuck.
>>
i need athletic shoes that are not only stylish but can survive 12 hour days on concrete and yet still hold up to my fishing addiction trekking around various terrain.

i'm tired of buying 40 dollar new balances that wear out easily. the last pair i bought the whole inside of the ankle area tore out within a couple weeks.

budget is $100.
>>
>>815530

bump
>>
Altra lone peak
>>
>>815530
SPORTIVAS

FUCK I LOVE THESE
>>
File: Synthesis_GreenGrey.jpg (81KB, 445x430px) Image search: [Google]
Synthesis_GreenGrey.jpg
81KB, 445x430px
>>815530
Here's the pair I use for backpacking
>>
File: boott.jpg (218KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
boott.jpg
218KB, 1500x1500px
>>815530
>>816812
if you want too be gouged and buy less quality then go ahead and buy this shoes. Everyone else on /out/ aside from a few fags wear these boots and dont spend 1,0000,0000 dollars on bull shit that is designed to break so you have to buy another. Triple stitched or GTFO.
>>
>>816859
Those are such shitty boots.
>>
>>816859
Are they comfortable and light? Also could you send a link on where to buy these random jungle boots? They don't look that expensive and I might pick up a few
>>
>>816867
go on amazon and search united states army jungle boot

or better yet join the army

best boots ever. never over pay for boots again
>>
>>816873
Arnt jungle boots notorious for being extremely uncomfortable?
>>
>>816880
if u hike on ur gaping vagina they could be uncomfortable.
>>
>>816859
You do realize the military doesn't care about how much weight soldiers strap to their feet, or about not making them go crazy, don't you? They just want to save as much as possible and mass produce garbage stuff.
>>
>>816949
Oh sure, the most powerful military in the world with all of it's resources makes shitty footwear because it doesn't care about it's soldiers despite spending thousands to train and equip each soldier. They're going to spend all that money and time to put a well equipped and trained soldier who is fully supported into hostile territory just to have his boots fuck up and "drive him crazy". Grow a pair of balls and a brain you wimpy fuck. Why would merrell or nike make a boot that lasts forever? No one would be buying a second or third pair.
>>
File: merrell annex.jpg (118KB, 450x277px) Image search: [Google]
merrell annex.jpg
118KB, 450x277px
>>811559
>My budget is $150 or less.

These are $180.

HUEH.
>>
File: b381.jpg (25KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
b381.jpg
25KB, 400x500px
They cost a lot but I FUCKING LOVE THEM THEYRE WATERPROOF AND BREATHABLE I WAS WEARING THEM FOR A FUCKING WEEK IN 90-100F TEMPERATURE NO PROBLEM

GEOX U MATTIAS (AMPHIBIOX)
>>
>>817596
Oh those look so amazing! Do they go well with your SKIRT? Did you wear them on your last date with CHAD? GET FUCKED. GET OUT. TRIPLE STITCHED ONLY.
>>
>>817653
They are literally triple stitched. Calm the fuck down
>>
File: muddybeuts.jpg (14KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
muddybeuts.jpg
14KB, 260x194px
>>817655
Triple STITCHED not BITCHED. GET THE FUCK OUT. You need a MANS BOOT. Then you'll stop it with the fucking hippie chick yoga shoes.
>>
>>817665

>two pairs of socks

Shoes so shit you need to wear double layers of sox in a hot environment so your feet don't get fucked up.
>>
File: bota dakkar pilot.jpg (145KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
bota dakkar pilot.jpg
145KB, 1280x960px
>>
>>813019
Hanwag, Lowa, Planika, Alpina, those shitty ripoff sneakers that say "daidas", sandals, cardboard box, need i go on naming all the better options?
>>
>>815530
Aureus sneakers with Filsons cork insole
>>
File: lewd.gif (2MB, 202x267px) Image search: [Google]
lewd.gif
2MB, 202x267px
>>811632
how come she has to cunts?
>>
>>815530
Don't buy trail runners because their soles are not made for concrete and will wear out quicker than just regular running shoes.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.