[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MREs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

File: MREinfo.jpg (276KB, 1470x940px) Image search: [Google]
MREinfo.jpg
276KB, 1470x940px
Does /out/ like eating MREs?

Also, this channel of MRE sampling happens to be really comfy as fuck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgICbOwP7NQ
>>
Try going for days straight of MREs. Not only does it get bland but in my experience they can really block up your insides. For a few days its ok but not after a week straight.
>>
packed 3 MREs for roskilde festival, tasted great. was easy as fuck and all the extra stuff in em
was great, Chili and macaroni was definately the best ones. would definately pack them again for /out/ activities, nice to have non-dehydrated food
>>
My favorite MRE channel is the guy from New Zealand
>>
File: 1453991353417.jpg (37KB, 268x427px) Image search: [Google]
1453991353417.jpg
37KB, 268x427px
>>811423
What country's MRE did you have, Madsen Madagascar?
>>
Fuck MREs.
>>
File: MRErav.jpg (293KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
MRErav.jpg
293KB, 1600x1066px
I secretly like them but they do constipate you and i wouldnt want to have to eat them for days. So far the beef ravioli is my fav but ive only eaten 4 out of my 1st case. Tuna was sketchy cause no date other than from ebay seller. Pork sausage w/ gravy delicious. I forgot what the other one was cause i was drunk camping. Also those fried corns suck ass.
>>
Guys, you can buy dietary fiber pills just like caffeine pills or vitamins.

I have made the nearly perfect survival food by making this very simple pemmican with just the right amount of fibers and vitamins.

Does not fuck up your tummy
Shits are god like
No deficiencies
Ultra caloric, very light, no heating needed
ultra simple to make
entirely customizable, can make it with sugar, different flavours or even add nuts for even greater caloric density
Can keep it for fucking ever
Takes no place

This stuff is the closest thing to lembas.
I think the only thing more practical would be processing the food further and make it a complete powder.
>>
>>811400
>this channel
Fuck off hit whore
sage
>>
i serve in the IDF and we only started getting MREs here into circulation
i got to eat a few in the field, absolutely horrible other than rice and goulash in which you could taste the preservatives but it was pretty cold and it nice to have a hot meat based meal. although i farted like a maniac afterwards.

for the most part i would say i much prefer the good old combat ration and fresh vegetables on the side

for those wondering what israeli conbat rations are it's basically camping food
a few cans of tuna
a can of baked beans or cheakpeas
can of corn
can of dried fruit
can of peanuts
and a loaf of bread
usually you get some fresh vegetables too
>>
>>811548
oh and a can of halva and a can of cocoa spread
>>
File: jewgrease.jpg (78KB, 492x438px) Image search: [Google]
jewgrease.jpg
78KB, 492x438px
>>811548
9 cans, a loaf of bread and fresh veg is not an MRE you retarded Jew.
>>
>>811554
re read my replay cunt
i wasn't talking about MREs i was talking about the "regular" more common combat ration/field ration
>>
My USA ones dont have any candy or chocolate- i got a twinkie like cake in one of them but the rest have fucking raisins. Commie ones come w/ like 5 chocolate bars.
>>
>>811400
Ate 'em for a week straight at basic and I loved them. Drank lots of water and ate some salad every day to get some fiber. Other people hated them though. Honestly a lot of them weren't that bad.
>>
>>811540
The channel is nice. You can kindly go die in a fire. I am not shilling my own youtube channel.
>>
>>811400
Absolute and utter shit.

They're alright when you've been fucking around in the field you're starving your ass off.

But when the option is between that and real people food only a super moto high-and-tight cuck wearing a gruntstyle shirt would choose the MRE.

Seriously, pack fucking hot dogs or something and cook them up if you're not going to be innawoods more than a day.
>>
>>811434
American, packed by sopakco
>>
i watch these channels to get inspiratons on what to pack myself, the contents of the german MREs are available in my supermarket, so i can set them up to my liking for less money. those german mre sellers are fucking nuts on what they demand.
>>
>>811400
I've had them when I was in cadets. Some were okay. All pale in comparison to pack up meals I make myself though.
>>
>>812220
What cadet force are you in brah?
>>
If you eat them everyday for 4 months, they get pretty bland tasting. I didn't eat one for a couple weeks after basic, and found myself liking them again. They are convenient as hell, have the right amount of nutrition, and taste pretty good (in moderation). Many complain that they get blocked up, but I never had that problem.

Just stay away from anything vegetarian, the ratatouille, and the Asian one
>>
>>812284
this
veggie lasanga aint bad though.
chili mac, chili with beans, beef taco, pretty much anything mexican is best tier.
>>
One of my boys got a couple crates of MREs after a flood took out our roads. We take them with us when we go fucking around in the wood. They are really a mixed bag, some of them are great and some are shit. The bottom boys don't like them because they gum up the plumbing, not that it really matters, you play in the woods your going to get a little dirt. The coffee in them is always horrible though, if you plan on eating one throw that shit out, don't even bother with it.
>>
File: 1467962844486.jpg (24KB, 720x531px) Image search: [Google]
1467962844486.jpg
24KB, 720x531px
https://www.amazon.com/Sopakco-Meals-Ready-Survival-Emergency/dp/B00UNYX3W0

Is this a good price? I want some MRE's because I'm a weird autist and hate cooking.

Seems weird that shipping is 20 dollars... but it comes out to like $3.20 per meal, which is less than I normally spend per meal.
>>
>>813153
Lel. I am OP and it's not my channel, nor does that guy visit 4chan, I'm 99% sure.
>>
File: 1394863659165.jpg (54KB, 480x521px) Image search: [Google]
1394863659165.jpg
54KB, 480x521px
>>811539
Can you post your recipe pleas?
>>
>>811423
I wish I could buy customized boxes of MREs

I would get a box of chili macaroni, chicken fajita, and pork rib

I could live forever off those 3
>>
>>811539
>>813398
Does it cause flatulence? That is all I care about.
>>
>>811537
Drink more water. It is retarded simple but rarely advertised for basic use. Drill sergeants who have deployed will hammer this in but I am continually amazed at how little this info gets passed out. Now as for how much..... I always tended towards 1 to 1.5 L depending on activity and heat oh and that is just for the meal
>>
>>811708
Water is usually the key factor but salad would not at all hurt
>>
File: 5rjPCl5.gif (2MB, 664x377px) Image search: [Google]
5rjPCl5.gif
2MB, 664x377px
>>813128
guise I bought it, I'll update you with how they are if this thread still exists when I get them (5-ish days)
>>
I bought a case from 2013 (this was in 2015 so pretty fresh by MRE standards) at a flea market for $50. Never had an MRE so I was curious. Here are some of my thoughts.
They are heavy. Taking a couple for an overnight would be no big deal but these are not a viable solution for food on any kind of long distance hike. Eating them everyday would get boring fast. In my case of 12 i had all different menus. Meaning the main entree would be different. The sides were nearly identical with a few variations. Those fucking crackers with PB or cheese spread in every damn meal. Every dairy drink (shakes, cocoa, and capachino) were horrible.
Every rice dish was awful. The rice would just mush together a form a rice like paste. The main entrees are equivalent to canned soups. Everyone I tried was super bland. Luckily most MREs came with salt or seasoning packets, only one had a tobasco packet in it.
The Oatmeal chocolate chunk cookie was god tier. Best thing that came out of that case. The worst menu was the vegetarian menus. Espically the cheese tortellini. They had zero flavor and the texture of rubber gaskets. Not enough spice in the world to make them good.
Best was Mexican style chicken stew.
The spice pack it came with made it not just edible but enjoyable.
The one I thought would be the worst turned out to be my 2nd favorite. The Beef patty with Jalapeño. MRE came with a beefpatty, two pieces of bread, Bacon cheese spread, ketchup, and mustard. I through all that shit together and had a decent cheeseburger. God bless America.
>>
>>811400
Love this guy. His videos are really weird in that I can sit through the entire 30 minutes absolutely engrossed even tho he's literally just opening and tasting things.
>>
>>811400
>lets get it onto a tray.
>nice.
>>
>>811400
Nope. I got a few from charity organization (when my place was hit by tornadoes a couple of years ago). The tidbits and drinks were great but the main dish sucked hard. I think those pork and beans you could buy in dollar store would taste better
>>
>>815172
>God bless America.
definitely this
>>
>>811400
it's fun to fuck around with it but way too expensive for me to consider packing it.
a meal costs as much as a fine restaurant meal and actually tastes slightly better than crap at best?
nope.jpg
>>
File: 1419878200170.png (46KB, 617x600px) Image search: [Google]
1419878200170.png
46KB, 617x600px
>>815719
>$6
>fine restaurant meal
Nigga McDonalds is not a fine restaurant!
>>
>>811400
>REAL Chewing guns
yes please
>>
Op honestly I'd suggest just making pemmican. Its cheap easy to make and tastes pretty goddamn good. Its shelf life is anywhere from 6 months to 2+ years if properly sealed. I myself pack pemmican and home made jerky as its just cheaper and tastier then MRE's and anything the big box stores can provide. Just my honest opinion.

Favorite thing to do with it is make it into hash browns with fried potatoes (if you got them) or even bannock. My god is that shit tasty.
>>
>>815817
try $12 and up
at least here they are too expensive
mcdonalds also pretty expensive you can have real food for the same price
>>
>>815817
>chef at wendys
>>
>>815945
Sodium salts and proteins are what both of these things are made from. You're trading off taste and nutritional content. Neither are healthy long-term. They're both meant to sustain you until you can prepare a better meal.
>>
>>811558
When you are defending yourself from those evil rock throwing 6 year olds 2 miles into gaza that shit might be possible. Go ona real mission and see how you like hauling that shit around.

Fucking kikes.
>>
>>815967
i find that i can make better food for my hikes for fraction of the price. but if i don't have time i just throw a can of meal or two in (a dollar a piece) which i can just heat in a fire or on a stove and a canned tuna in oil or some snack bars. maybe a sandwich or two.

i really don't face the same challenges regarding to food as an army does so this mre thing looks bullshit to me. bacon and eggs keep well enough on colder days, you can bring flour all you need is water and a little salt and you have bread. not much more effort than heating up an mre meal.

i have also brought meat with me on many day camps on hot summers. if you brine it the meat won't go rancid. you can vacuum pack it after you brined it if you want to go fancy. will be a little salty but damn fine to have fresh real "unprocessed" meat on day 3.
>>
getting chafin how stop?
>>
>>811400
.....nice....
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.