[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Truffle hunting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 5901_1_.jpg (136KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
5901_1_.jpg
136KB, 900x900px
Has anyone here ever found truffles? by accident or by using a hunting dog or a tiny pig?

In what countries and what specific areas can one find truffles?
>>
>>811064
Dig one out once when digging a poop hole. Aye it on the field with rice
>>
How do you recognize where a truffle is buried? For me digging takes quite a lot of time, especially if I'm going for 5-10 feet deep holes.
>>
Why would I want to eat that shit
>>
South-West France for the best (and by far the most expensive) ones. China also has an admittedly inferior species which has the advantage of being much easier to "cultivate".
>>
How to tell the difference between a truffle and a petrified piece of shit?
>>
>>811147
Why would you talk about Chinese people like that? I mean it's true but not very nice.
>>
>>811174
How do you normally tell the difference between objects?
>>
>>811192
People lost that ability and now think Bruce Jenner is a woman, niggers are human and going to college means you are educated
>>
>>811064
My favorite thing to do is make truffle butter.
>>
File: Here bro.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Here bro.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>811192
Give him a box of Raisinettes and a box of rabbit turds and lets find out.
>>
How much do truffles usually last when picked up? and frozen?
>>
>>811174
Truffles have a strong and distinguishable smell, just put your big jew nose on it and you'll know.
>>
Most of the regions where you'll find good, abundant truffles are fenced off by very, very territorial French or Italian farmers who'll set dogs on anyone lingering near their property.

Those assholes even poison each others' truffle dogs because competition for that shit is so insane.
>>
>>811245
So in that pic one is shit and the other one is rabbit turds, right?
>>
You can grow truffle trees. There are nurseries specialized in inoculating saplings with the mycelium.
Then you can plant them, take care that they don't dry out and within 5-10 years the first sclerotia will form. Then it will become more and more every year with very little need to care about the trees.
It's one of the best investments you can make.

>>811447
>how much
I guess about tree fiddy
>>
>>814007
If you own land that you won't sell, growing tree inoculated with truffles is a great idea. Just did this in NC on my dad's property. There are only a couple places in the US where soil has best PH balance... NC/TN and OR.

http://www.garlandtruffles.com/
>>
>>811843
aaaaaah, people
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.