[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

packing /out/ gear on a plane dilemma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: -1x-1.jpg (73KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
-1x-1.jpg
73KB, 630x420px
I just found out my slimey airline is charging $25 per checked bag. I'm taking a multi-destination flight and will end up in LA. I'm going to be doing a three week road trip with my friend and we're hiking and camping and shit.

I currently use my dad's good two person tent, I have a good mummy sleeping bag and use my dad's thermarest. Should I suck it up and pay the $75 and have my friend do the same or should we show up in LA and buy shitty gear from a pawn shop or Coleman stuff from Walmart? That way I could bring some of the stuff home and have it to keep. I hate the idea of spending an extra $75 because of this greedy airline.
>>
Ship it.
Thats the reason I have a big-ass Pelican case.

Send it FedEx a week before, and its there when I arrive. Don't have to deal with Tub-Stackers of America or the morons at baggage claim.
>>
you're taking 3 bags, or 3 flights?

and if it's 3 flights are you staying at each stop in between, or is it just 3 legs to l.a. and your luggage will be checked all the way through?

how are you getting home?
>>
Not OP. Would I be able to take a 55L pack as a carry-on? It seems like it would fit the space, but not sure.
>>
>>810740
3 flights, including the one back home. I'm staying at each stop so the baggage will have to checked over and over. It's YUL>YYC>LAX>YUL

Can I get away with cramming stuff for three weeks into a day pack carry on and then buy all my shit in LA or is this just wishful thinking?

>>810737
Good thinking. I'll look into rates.
>>
>>810775
if you buy stuff in l.a. and take it home you'll have to pay $25 anyways, so you'll only be saving $50 in baggage fees, and it's unlikely you'll get everything you need for less than that. just sack up and pay the fifty bucks to know you have gear.
>>
Buy quality gear and it will fit in a 45L which is a carry-on . Neoair,, backpacking tent, down bag would cost about $400-500 weigh 5 pounds and pack tiny. Or carry around shit year with poor performance and look like some kind of inbred retard
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.