[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he uses a hatchet instead of a folding saw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (197KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
197KB, 640x960px
>he uses a hatchet instead of a folding saw
>>
>>810463

I do. Yes.
>>
well a hatchet would be far better to have, in case of zombies you know
>>
>>
Different tools for different jobs. Why would you not use both if you had the need for each one's merits?
>>
>>810551
Different tools for the same job. ftfy
The job - cut wood
Ax/hatchet is infinitely superior 90+% of the time for most wood cutting needs in an /out/ situation.
>>
I'd want both if I found some big dead wood I could make a fire with. It's probably much easier to get at it with just an axe than just the saw though, if I was only bringing one tool. My shovel is an axe though, so I don't bring a hatchet anymore, and a machete looks way cooler than any of those.
>>
>>810552

Tbh I find a saw much easier to use. The only time a hatchet is superior is for taking limbs off a log or cutting small brush to small to be cut by the saw.
>>
Just report and hide thread. Stop replying to divisional bait threads.
>>
>>810567
saw is nice for specific stuff, but I like using a hatchet cause it lets me split lots of wood easier.
>>
>>810463
i use both
>>
>>810471
This
>>
Folding saws are shit get a crosscut saw. Besides that hatchets are shit as well. Get a small forest axe. Great for wood cutting as well as the finer things.
>>
Silkie pocketboy master race. Cut wood like katana through gaining pigs.
>>
File: 1465586237792.jpg (273KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
1465586237792.jpg
273KB, 750x500px
>>810471
>in case of zombies
>zombie fedoras on /out/
>>
>>812469
Im so sick of the zombie craze
>>
File: 1465691068014.jpg (45KB, 500x638px) Image search: [Google]
1465691068014.jpg
45KB, 500x638px
>>810463
>a folding saw
Oh, Dear Hunter
>>
>>812469
you know that was sarcasm, yes
>>
>>810463
Hatchet all day. Try splitting wood with a folding saw and tell me how that goes.
>>
>>810463
hatchet is a real multitool saw is highly specialized and way harder to sharpen.
>>
>>810463
That pic screams virgin.
>>
>>814524
Thanks, mr Holmes
>>
>>813940
It can be done.

https://youtu.be/g-pXL-eQ9v4

That said I find both incredibly useful.
>>
>>810463

>he uses anything

There's wood everywhere, senpai.

I guarantee you'll never need to cut up wood for a fire.

You can use your knife for shavings/kindling
>>
>>810463
I have a saw, hatchet and a knife with me.

I use the saw to cut lumber into logs, the hatchet to split the logs and the knife to produce tinder and kindling.

Don't use folding saws thoug.
Saws with regular saw blades are many times more effective and can be resharpened.
>>
>>815551
>It can be done.
>limb already has a big ass crack going through it
>that shittastic saw technique
>all that wasted energy
>>
>>814524
Your mom screams like a virgin
>>
>>815591
Exactly. I use dead limbs and break them by leaning against a rock and standing on. Bigger shit you break between two trees. Literally never used a hatchet or saw.
>>
>>815908
i don't usually but i had to before.
everything was friggin wet only the dry inside of thicker branches burnt. i had to use the hatchet for an hour to keep the fire and make it strong enough to dry out wood. saw wouldn't have done it in time.
>>
>>815767
Ray had a better video on it, but I didn't post it.
>inb4 Ray Mears

Look, I'm just giving a fucking example. It's so hard to please you faggots.
>>
File: cheetahsmile.png (229KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
cheetahsmile.png
229KB, 326x326px
>>814524
brilliant observation
>>
File: qMKXZKh.gif (4MB, 532x529px) Image search: [Google]
qMKXZKh.gif
4MB, 532x529px
>>814104
>>
>>816723
you have problems with reading a simple sentence? there is 5 things a hatchet can do for every thing the saw can do.

saw only excels in cutting through thicker limbs and trunks. after 5 inches diameter hatchet starts to lose in speed and energy efficiency contest.
>>
>>810552
Have fun splitting enough wood for a winter fire with a folding saw
>>
>>818740
>implying splitting wood is absolutely necessary in most cases
>>
>>818950
It is if it's wet.
>>
>>820146
And if you want to use your fuel efficiently.
>>
>Not simply finding appropriately sized sticks

It's like you guys never go beyond the manicured car campgrounds. Big bonfires are for noobs. Real outdoorsmen build small fires and just sit a little closer.
>>
>>820146
yeah i know i have been there ONCE in my entire life.
>>820173
not that big of a deal for camping seriously. i don't know if it makes a real difference for heating a stove.
>>820215
i think you would find after a few days all the little dry sticks are gone from a miles radius.

i mostly just drag dead trees to camp and slowly push them into the fire. which i start by little twigs i find. i'm lazy this chopping thing is generally not for me. but never spent more than a week at one place either.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.