[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Traps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: 0475x600.jpg (28KB, 600x541px) Image search: [Google]
0475x600.jpg
28KB, 600x541px
How many spring-traps do you bring with you into southern California desert during survival mode?
>>
>>810415
>98.6
>>
>>810415
snares > everything else
>>
>>810443
snares are a one time use, if you want to go for long term Ie more then once 330 conibears are the way to go. Realistically op 3 traps for 1.
>>
File: california-rivers-map.gif (52KB, 678x750px) Image search: [Google]
california-rivers-map.gif
52KB, 678x750px
>>810459
Thanks anon. Anyone ever get snakes caught up in these traps much? Any problems with large scorpions setting them off? I'm trying to catch me some jack rabbit.
>>
>>810459
>snares are a one time use

Says, the kid who has never used one. You can use snares for years.
>>
>>810459
>snares are a one time use
What? How would a length of wire with a loop at one end become unusable after tightening around a single neck? Thou shouldst think before letting your keyboard run away with your ignorance.
>>
It's like saying how much should a pack weight bro, depends on how much you can/ are willing to lug. So the more traps you have the more meat you will collect
>>
File: 11852831_1_1_.jpg (113KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
11852831_1_1_.jpg
113KB, 1200x1200px
>>810415
Are you saying this is a trap thread OP?
>>
File: french-fry-baby-prints.jpg (130KB, 700x1083px) Image search: [Google]
french-fry-baby-prints.jpg
130KB, 700x1083px
>>813780
Yes, no bears please.
>>
>>810416
but Cody, you make wicked cool deadfall traps!
>>
>>810459
>>810514
>>810523

Wire snares are one times use, the more they kink from the animal thrashing the weaker it gets making it prone to fail faster. Cable snares with swivels last for years.
>>
>>810523
>I don't know what stress fatigue is
>>
>>815238
What are you catching that's going to wear out a snare in one go?

We're not talking about trying to garrote a bear with fishing line here,
>>
>>815401
An animal does not simply lay down to die.
>>
>>815401
A rabbit with thrash about like a savage before succumbing.
>>
>>810514
Says the retard who thinks wire is impossible to break. Lynx and even small game like rabbits will snap wire and trash it like a mofo before dying. Look up TheWildNorth's trapping series and you will learn loads. Back to my statement 330s are the way to go.
>>
>>815406
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcB8oriTj2M

OP here
>>
>>815428
> rabbit rape
Wierd boner commencing.
>>
Beaver caught in a snare by the neck after the snares FIRST use, feel free to try and use a snare like this. This thread is filled with people that know nothing about trapping, oh yeah, this is /out/ a place that knows nothing outside of shitposting.
>>
>>815175
>shitty equipment only lasts 1 time
>good quality equipment lasts for years

Thank you, Sherlock.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
What's recommended wire to use for snares to catch small game, lets say rabbit and other critters of same size. Also setup?
>>
>>816422
>pic related
where the fuck are you traps aside?
>>
>>816385
wire is cool. this thread is about spring traps beaver boi.
>>
>>816385
What kind of set did you make?
>>
>>816385
That's why I prefer 330 conibears for beavs. I've never seen a coyote do that to a cable snare.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-17-22-19-03.png (3MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-17-22-19-03.png
3MB, 1080x1920px
>>816719
People are talking about snares before me and I responded to them, fuck off back to /b/ you autist.
>>816806
The beaver had a small run about 5 feet long going up to where they were chewing down popples for food. I set the snare with an 8 inch loop about a 1/4 of the way in the water just before the slide. I staked it up on shore in hopes the beaver wouldn't be rolling around in the mud and be all dirtied up.
>>816808
330s are good for weight to hold down the front of watercraft and decoy anchors, there is a reason some of the best beaver men in the world (Rally Hess, Newt Sterling and Clint Locklear) set a lot of snares, they are cheap, lightweight, fast and easy and they harvest more fur in a season then you will likely harvest in your life, Rally for example consistently catches 300-400 a year underice ALL IN SNARES then when it's open water he hammers them even easier. Footholds on rods are vastly superior to 330s as well. With footholds and snares you don't get the avoidance like you do with 330s and if you run into trap shy beaver, guess what, they won't see your snare or foothold like they would with a 330. Beaver has a stick in its mouth? Guess what, now you have a stick in your 330, not a beaver. Problem wouldn't happen with footholds.

Pic related 8 beaver I caught on on one flowage this spring. 6 in 330s, 1 in a foothold and the one front and center was snared. I would have had more but the three of the Bridger 330s I had set were sprung and a foot caught beaver in a 330 belisle twisted out. If I had a snare or footholds set at those lodges instead, I would have had more beaver in the boat that day. Not to say 330s don't work, but about the only place they hold their weight is den entrances and that IMO is just unethical trapping unless it is a nuisance job and all the beaver in the colony MUST be removed.
>>
>>816422
Picture frame wire or find old electrical cords and strip the copper from them and take off a few small strands of wire, maybe 1/32 of an inch worth and twist a small loop in one end and feed the other end through the loop to form the snare. Put the snares in trails or on running poles for squirrels but remember to have the snare FIRMLY secured. 110 conis will help with the learning curve of catching squirrels.
>>
>>815450
I like how you told him it was blatantly wrong according to a reference you looked up than provide actual experience you've had yourself.

+5 armchair camper points to you good sir.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.