[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gaiters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Gaiters.jpg (63KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Gaiters.jpg
63KB, 400x400px
Do you use them /out/?

Are they worth the money and if so are there any in particular you recommend.
>>
>>810133
I have a pair from mount laurel designs
They are good at keeping my feet dry when walking through wet brush but the boots have to come off before the gaiters go on
>>
>>810133
pretty essential if you're going over snow deeper than 20-30 cm
>>
>>810133
I got outdoor research ones, they keep ticks out of my socks when going through think underbrush while being marginally more comfortable than high-ankle boots.
>>
>>810133
Got a pair in the mail. Comrades seem to be rather happy with theirs, when in wet tall grass and such.
>>
>>810133

They're good for snow in the mountain, yes.

Buy good ones but not fashion overpriced ones, gaiters should be semi-disposable items, because they will eventually be torn apart by crampons and rocks
>>
Theres not much better than walking through streams in sealskin socks, goretex boots and gaiters. Ive only used the british army issue ones but managed to pick up a brand new pair of Berghaus Yetis at Glastonbury for a mere tenner. They are seemingly the non-issue gaiter of choice for most soldiers but if anyone could aid me in describing how you actually out them on I would be most appreciative.
>>
Shorts and gaiters is an awesome way to go.
>>
ive got OR gaiters. i went for the verglas (spelling?) edition. they're lightweight and feel wonderful
>>
I got mine from MEC they work great for going through the bush and keeping burst and shit away from socks and whatnot
>>
I just blouse my pants with 0.99c blousing garters desu. I've walked through snow up to my waist with them before and never gotten any in my boots.
>>
>>810205
What about milsurp ones then?
>>
>>810133
YES
low gaiters always (keeps crap out of your boots)
high gaiters, snow and rain
>>
>>810133
When you blow the knees out of your pants cut the bottom off, turn them upside down and boom gaiters.

Depending on what material your pants are
>>
>>810608

Milsurp stuff is always inferior

Buy good civilian gaiters, just not the most expensive ones. Unless you're not going to use them frequently.

All military units that can get the gear they want always go for high end outdoors clothing you can get at any store.

Military gear is severely overrated outside of the military. It may perform but it's never the best.

If you seriously use gear you'll notice the difference in no time.

I recomment you buy gaiters that have velcro instead of a zipper, because it will get frozen in altitude.

Also avoid gaiters that have a cable instead of a strap, they will destroy your boots with minimal advantages.

Gaiters with straps may wear faster, so dont put them on before needing them.

Because as I said before gaiters are disposable items, you shouldnt worry for gaiters with straps. They will perform better.

Remember: velcro and straps
>>
bought a pair for £15 that are still going strong they are completely worth it to rise above the wet lace peasants.
>>
File: british-gore-tex-gaiters-main.jpg (83KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
british-gore-tex-gaiters-main.jpg
83KB, 800x800px
>>810608
british army ones are good. really strong and seemingly designed to used in rain and mud more than in snow. They have some gore-tex equivalent membrane so they can be worn in warmer weather
the downside is that they are huge, the lace (though easy to replace and it doesn't damage sole of the boots) is harder to tighten, and the biggest disadvantage is that they come in camo
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.