[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ocala National Forest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: The Great Florida Sunset.jpg (72KB, 800x438px) Image search: [Google]
The Great Florida Sunset.jpg
72KB, 800x438px
So a few years back a few friends and I roped together an /out/ing to O.N.F.

I was thinking of doing another smaller trip with just my pals, but I have no idea how whomever organized the last trip verified us legally or whatever.

I know we just kind of rode in and parked off of the Forest Service Road, but does anyone know where we stand legally as far as leaving cars places, or where the actual park boundaries are before you enter the land of the lawless?

Other info/maps/discussion is more than welcome.
>>
This is relevant to my interests... Central Florida fag reporting in. As far as I know there is public camping there and you can shoot gunz if u feel like it
>>
>>810081
FL here, look at a map to see property lines

There are a good amount of houses but they are usually clumped together, if you are not in one of those areas or the few exceptions you are free to camp anywhere

I understand shooting guns in the forest is frowned upon but I do not know the legal standing (exceptions are hunting and if you are at the shooting range)

The WMA brochure on myfwc.com for Ocala should give you a bit more information and even further if you look at their map of the area
>>
File: 20160707_203040.png (4MB, 1439x1340px) Image search: [Google]
20160707_203040.png
4MB, 1439x1340px
>>810081

Me andy friend camp out there a lot, we go disperse camping though which means you basically go where ever the fuck you want and camp. We have this hidden camping spot we discovered that we always go back to near a pond, its impossible to get to though unless you have 4WD and a lot of ground clearance so it's perfect because we're the only ones who can get back there, also the trail is super narrow and gets overgrown so it's impossible to spot unless you know where to look. We've camped there about 4-5 times in the past year and the camp site always looks the same when we comeback to it, down to the logs we left to sit on.
> Pic related
> Our glorious campsite
>>
>>810081
> going /out/ in Florida

grave mistake.
>>
>>810273
>lot of ground clearance
Posts shitty jeep with no ground clearance
>>
>>811964

>unless you have 4WD...

you could drive that trail on a Zamboni.
>>
File: Hidden Pond ONF.jpg (82KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Hidden Pond ONF.jpg
82KB, 720x540px
>>810081
You can camp anywhere in a National Forest for free without a permit. Just 100 feet from roads or whatnot. There's tons of forest service roads so it would be cool to drive around until you found some place cool.
>>
>>810081
Here a cool map.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5192654.pdf
>>
>>811988
Until you hit sugar sand
>>
>>811988

>bitching about how even the ground is at his campsite

he never said pic related was how hardcore the trail was.

that being said the jeep doesn't look all that special, so i reckon anything thats 4x4 could get out there
>>
>>811766
probably have never been to florida
>>
File: 2016-01-22_09-04-05.jpg (809KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-22_09-04-05.jpg
809KB, 2048x1365px
>>812424

Jeep is 4WD and locked front and rear lol. Trust me when I tell you "any 4x4" could not make it.
>>
>>812516

Are they supposed to be impressed?

There is literally nothing special about what you just said or posted lol

>my 4000 jeep isn't your ordinary 4x4 trust me
>>
>>812520

Do you even know what locking differentials are? Having 3 locking diffs is a world of difference than having all open diffs, it doesn't matter how big your tires are or how much clearance you have a regular 4x4 will not be able to go the same places a fully locked 4x4 can.
>>
>>813317

Are... you gonna shut the fuck up soon?
>>
>>813382

I'm not even the same person you dumb fuck. I just off road too.
>>
Wow guys way to shit up this thread, just go ask a Park ranger dumb ass. All we do is measure our dicks here man
>>
>>810081

Have fun with the mosquitos
>>
>>813382
No, Jeep people never shut up about their Barbie cars.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.