[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking for a good flashlight I can keep on a nightstand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: nova720.jpg (53KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
nova720.jpg
53KB, 1200x1000px
I'm looking for a good flashlight I can keep on a nightstand that can double as a dive light. I don't dive all that often, but I've had a couple of people ask me to dive for some stuff they've dropped in the drink over the last year and none of the local dive shops carry lights I can rent.

I'm looking for something in the pic related size. I think what I've found is a pretty damn good light, but I'm thinking I could find an equally nice light without the $160 price tag.
>>
Why not buy a good cheaper flashlight that isnt waterproof and put it in a ziplock freezer bag while diving?

Or is that just totally retarded? I dunno ive never been diving, but it seems like you could waterproof a half decent flashliggt on your own for way cheaper than buying a legit dive light
>>
>>809206
I thought it would work too and tried it on my last dive, but I even double bagged a light in a couple freezer bags and on top of not being water tight at 20-25 feet, it was also hard to get all the air out and got tiresome to hold after a while at the bottom because it was trying to float the whole time.
>>
Op, have you tried Amazon?

>>809206
> ive never dived
Yes, retarded.
>>
In my opinion, when it comes to diving don't cut corners or skimp out. You want your gear to be reliable when you're ~20m deep, especially something that aids vision. Sorry I don't have anything else to add
>>
It sounds to me like you're starting in the wrong end, OP.
Why don't you buy a dive light and keep that on your nightstand?
>>
>>809212
The Nova 700 is on there for just sub $90 but the 720 is still $160. I just didn't know if anyone had any first hand experience with any other brands on here, had any better ideas, or had used these lights and thought they sucked.

>>809214
Probably the better way to go about it. I've just seen some dive lights that say they're actually water cooled so I would imagine they don't work all that reliably out of the water at any length of time. I guess if I just stay away from that then I should be fine.
>>
>>809213
I'm not spooked from spending the $160 to get the one in my OP, but I just want to know, if I'm spending that kind of money, that I'm getting something that will do what I want it to, do it well, and there's nothing for the same price or cheaper that could have done it just as well or better.
>>
>>809216
>water cooled
Yes, there are some verry powerful diving lights that will burn out if they are operated in temperatures higher than those you'd find underwater (and, as you're saying, how water sucks the heat away better than air), and I can see how a flashlight you could only use in the cold of dead of winter would be a bit of a bummer.
I would ask around the dive shop, or hear with a dive light manufacturer if their lights are good to be used in open air.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.