[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tie in a Tennisball

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 5

File: zkWkrJDL.png (55KB, 417x417px) Image search: [Google]
zkWkrJDL.png
55KB, 417x417px
Looking for an Alternative to the Monkeyfist Knot just with spacing, so you can see the Ball inside.
Any suggestions
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>808602
Anything other than the monkeys fist is going to be difficult. I found pic related in The Ashley Book of Knots. 2208 is what you want.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>808693
The only other alternative would be needle hitching which is fun but time consuming.

Here's the instructions for 2208.
>>
>>808696
>implying the monkey fist isn't

Literally why though, op? The only reason to even use the monkey fist is if you have too much time and rope. We used weighted tennis balls on my last job.

If you absolutely need to know how to weave rope into a ball the monkey fist is truid and true. But no one uses them anymore. You could probably drill though baseballs for cheaper.
>>
OP, are you tying this around a tennis ball, or are you using a more solid ball weight? If it's a tennis ball, you can stitch the ropes to the ball, using few enough turns to leave the ball showing.
You could try making a carrick bend mat and folding it around the ball before tightening it, I guess.

Is this just for decorative purposes, or are you going to be using it to weigh down a throwing line?

>>809012
Last time I worked on a boat, there was a shitload of ruckus because someone had hit one of the guys on the pier square in the face with it, and because it was weighed by a steel ball, it knocked out two of his teeth.
We wound up having to use some hollow rubber balls that were too light to throw any far, and had to use a pneumatic line thrower to shoot them if we wanted to throw them in harsh weather.
Since I quit, I heard they had managed to break some windows with them, and were looking into getting some small cranes mounted so they could drop the lines down on the piers so nobody would have to get owsies by catching them or exerting effort (perish the thought!) by throwing them.
>>
File: tennisball.jpg (359KB, 1276x840px) Image search: [Google]
tennisball.jpg
359KB, 1276x840px
>>809116 here again.
I tried making a carrick bend mat folded up to see what size it would turn out. I think I got it pretty close to the size you're after - See the soda can for size comparison. I used 12 mm rope for this, so if you used something smaller (Maybe even 10 mm will do), you could have some gaps between the turns.
Unlike the monkey's fist, however, you'll have to either splice one of the ends (the short one) into the... Load-bearing part(?) if you want it to stay together while it's under stress. If you're doing this for decorative purposes, you can tuck the short end away and stitch it up under one of the turns.
>>
File: IMG_20160706_072747.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160706_072747.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
I got bored at work.

Cat 5 Monkey's Fist and trubine rotors.

Op it's knot hard! If you want to see inside, use thinner rope and keep tying!
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.