[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey need some help with this cactus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 20160704_143749.jpg (4MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160704_143749.jpg
4MB, 4128x2322px
Hi not sure exactly what I can do for this girl, I think it's a Peruvian torch I'm not sure but I rescued it from a friend where it was like behind his toaster where it would apparently get splashed from his sunk enough to keep it alivr. It was a tiny little cluster and I've had it now for 3 months and it's looking better. Any tips on splitting it or whether I should just keep it as is ? Also is it a Peruvian torch which I think it's some type of trich. I'm just impressed I brought it back from the condition it was, it was the most sad looking thing ever
>>
>>808573
see
>>807374

Is that a photo of it? It looks fine and healthy. That soil does look a, but too loamy for cactus.
>>
>>808576
O thanks bud, actually I have my home made cactus blend under I just put that on top that I mixed with some stuff to keep a squirrel from digging it up lol
>>
>>808576
It's healthy but there's like 10 cacti coming from the central space and all connected they aren't individual plants so I wasn't sure how to separate them since the one is doing so well. I feel like I adopted a kid from Kenya or something by helping this. Actually I'm sure this makes me happier then saving a kid would
>>
>>808585
Once they've changed to their darker color you can detach them as close as you can to their stem. Put them in a paper bag for a few days so the cut will dry out. then you can plant them about 1/3-1/2 into some soil. They should root as new plants.

Otherwise, just leave it alone.
>>
>>808618
OK thanks I've divided quite a few but this one I didn't know if the stress it was in already would finish it off or if there's a way that'd be easier on her. But there's like 5 pretty healthy stalks on the way that should be ready to cut in a month or so. Or I may just tie them together and let them stay a happy family I don't know. Anyone know what species it is ? Figure it's a trich of some sort
>>
File: OP isn't a saint.jpg (22KB, 236x330px) Image search: [Google]
OP isn't a saint.jpg
22KB, 236x330px
>>808573
>I'm just impressed I brought it back from the condition it was
its a fucking cactus. literally the hardest plant in the fucking world to let die from neglect. you're talking like your some kind of green thumb saint. is this literally the first plant you've ever grown? because sitting behind a toaster getting splashed every now and then sounds like the perfect environment for a cactus you fucking autistic tard.
>>
>>808958
Irony: the post
>>
>>808958
Except with literally likenext to no light whatsoever only when the light from when the oven light was on, and no cacti actually do need actually decent conditions....they are philos or a spider plant yes there are a few cacti that will live through anything but there was like a square centimeter of actual green on them and when it got into proper light it slowly she'd it's skin to green. BTW I focus on orchids and have about 100 of them that I take care of which THAT is work but yeah cacti are as identical to each other as growing pineapplea compared to those weird ass dentribromeliads
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.