[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rock Climbing Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: Tree anchor.jpg (2MB, 1840x3264px) Image search: [Google]
Tree anchor.jpg
2MB, 1840x3264px
Hey Sc/out/s I have a rock climbing question. If I wanted to set up a anchor using trees can I use a half rope on one or multiple trees or is the rope to weak for this. Pic related.

Also general Rock Climbing thread
>>
>>807586
A single half rope is plenty for an anchor. If you want to use a second tree just anchor the second rope to that and incorporate it into your system.
>>
>>807595
Thank you Anon really appreciate it
>>
>>807597
No problem.

Just think it probably has a similar strength as an accessory cord only it has the added benefit of being dynamic not static.
>>
>>807599
Yeah I had a feeling that was the case. I'm excited about all of the climbing possibilities this opens up for me here in Colorado.
>>
>rock climbing thread
check the catalog, one already exists: >>793908
>>
>>807626
Fifty different knife and fishing threads but two climbing threads is a no no?
>>
>>807954
>other people are retards who clutter the board with redundant threads so we should too

seriously, faggot? not to mention there's barely enough discussion to keep one thread in the top half of the catalog, much less two.
>>
>>808011
One is full of retards who claim to be free solo climbers who really just climb a little rock in their grandma's back yard.

The other has potential to start fresh and be bullshit free. Too bad you already started with the bullshit early.
>>
>>808017
fuck off nigger lover
>>
any faggots here ever had to push a sand nigger off a cliff during a trip to the mountains?
pic related, a table saw
>>
>>808017
if I ever see you climbing, I'm gonna cut your rope while I yell,"RIP nigger lover"
>>807586
nice misuse of equipment, tell me again what website you are being a proxy for you bloody cunt bubble
>>
File: pyuvpolyv.png (516KB, 1348x517px) Image search: [Google]
pyuvpolyv.png
516KB, 1348x517px
>>807586
since there is already a climbing thread, and spiderman is climbing related, this is now a kill the minorities thread, you white cucks are next
>>
>>808147
OP here
1) Not a misuse of equipment if this piece of equipment was bought specifically for this purpose
2)Not a shill for any website you pussy. If was I would be spamming with website links
>>
>>808141
Ah yes good memories of Afghanistan
>>
>the hate level in this thread
Even /out/ is dying. Such shame.
>>
>>807586
>can I use a half rope on one or multiple trees or is the rope to weak for this
are you fucking stupid? if you don't trust the rope as an anchor you shouldn't be climbing on it.
>inb4 lrn2halfrope
i know what they are. i use them for alpine routes. and it's not unreasonable to throw a high factor fall on a single half rope on a wandering route.

>>808017
seriously suck a fucking dick and die you fucking faggot. if you wanted to have a reasonable climbing conversation you could go into the other climbing thread and have one. but instead you're shitposting in a superfluous thread with a retarded op, so it's clear all you really want to do is shitpost.
>>
>>808242
/out/ is dying because sensitive little fucking flowers like you accept and allow redundant, repetitive, bullshit threads like this one (and the billion simultaneous tent, hammock, backpack, knife, firsttimeoutsidetellmeeverythingineedbutimnotgonnalistenlol, etc) to continue instead of tearing these fucking cunts down in their garbage threads and screwing their head on straight.
>>
>>808245
Last thread was a does /out/ climb thread this is a general climbing thread and apparently a "kill minorities" thread now.
>>
>>808243
I'm the first person who actually answered the question. Tell me about my shitposting again?
>>
>>808243
OP here. I've never used a half rope before and I got a fairly nice one from a sale for ridiculously cheap. I'm not planning on doing any alpine routes anytime soon, but will be doing a lot of trad on routes that don't have top anchors. Just wanted to see if a half rope would be suitable for this purpose
>>
File: 1462921527860.jpg (15KB, 233x172px) Image search: [Google]
1462921527860.jpg
15KB, 233x172px
>>808256
>>
>>808255
don't be pedantic you fucking cockgobbler, they're the same fucking thing

>>808256
pissing and moaning like a whiny little cunt isn't shitposting anymore? i'll update my dictionary.

>>808260
so what? you're going to carry a full half rope and have stupid long tails and rope management nightmares on every anchor, or you're going to chop it up? just get 30 ft of 6mm cord and save the half rope for when you get a second one and can use it properly.
>>
>>808232
what's up anon!
>>808275
the only bonus for half ropes is fucking rappeling. god damn eurofags are all about it

personally, as a solo climber, all of my gear is for 10mm cord, so if anything, fat ropes are becoming too rare, all these fags trimming weight because their weak cuckolds.

I used to do 4x4's with 70lbs of metal plates in a pack on V2s and V3s when I was a youngster. I peaked at 100lbs before I started to level off my training and as of now, I just go to the gym to maintain ball joints and otherwise just climbing lifestyle.
>>
>>808480
>le ebin everything yuros do is bad maymay
except for the fact they invented roped climbing, so maybe they have a couple good ideas about developing it. but 100 years ago faggots like you were saying
>the only bonus for ropes is fucking rappeling. god damn eurofags are all about it
so i guess how it was is how it is.
>>
File: rfsjghfjfs.png (399KB, 792x592px) Image search: [Google]
rfsjghfjfs.png
399KB, 792x592px
>>808579
>as a solo climber, all of my gear is for 10mm cord

fuck, you're a scum sucker aren't you, you fucking morose little cuck.

>damn eurofags are all about it.
I wish I had 140m of cord to rappel on, save you so much time on those long rappels.
>>
>>808480
>as a solo climber
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! look at this pathetic lonely faggot can't even make one friend to have a belay.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.