[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dry compression sacks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 235936_8281_41.jpg (127KB, 1000x1154px) Image search: [Google]
235936_8281_41.jpg
127KB, 1000x1154px
Looking for a compressible dry bag in the 25l to 30l category. Price isn't that big of a deal as long as it's under $100. Pic related seems like a good one, but wanted some of you /out/ists opinions.
>>
>>804225
if price isn't a big deal support your local independent shop and just buy the one you like the most. once you get to a certain price point they are all pretty much the same in quality.
>>
>>804237
Rural Bro here. No local stores. I looked at some big box stores a few weeks ago while on a trip, and none of them had the larger bags in stock.
>>
>>804237
Thanks for your unhelpful non responsive opinion shithead
>>
>>804243
oh rought mang.

Ive used the low pro dryzone backpack (which i think may be out of your ideal) with camera equipment kayaking in the rain. never got fully submerged but pretty fucking wet on the outside and it did the job as ideally as it could. nice size too.

>>804245
go fuck yourself.
>>
I have pic related
Its ok. I got the 60 L and its way too big for what i need, but thats my fault

Your best bet is to get a compression bag and dry bag separately i think. For one the type of dry bag in op is (like most dry bags) pretty shit in terms of actually keeping stuff dry. The only ones that work imo are the pvc coated ones
>>
>>804336
I mean to add that the straps on these are fairly fragile, ive read they break easily. Mine havent but im always careful to not compress the bag using the straps, rather sit on the bag to squish it and then tighten to maintain the compression
>>
>>804336
I thought about doing a compression paired with a dry bag but it just seems like it's gonna add more weight than going with a waterproof compression sack. It's for my sleeping bags, pillow, and jackets. With the exception of those things everything is already waterproof in my pack. I'm gonna sound really lazy but adding an extra step of compression then putting shit in a dry bag is almost a deal breaker.
>>
>>804477
you have to do the same amount of work or more with this bag though to be honest, since your rolling it, letting air escape, compressing, then rolling, compressing, then pulling each strap tight.

the weight of the one extra bag is next to nothing

your call though. if you want to go with the sea to summit its probably the best of its type, but like i said using 2 separate bags would be better
>>
>>804225
I have one of those E-vent bags in 2L for my tent. I can't say how waterproof it is because it hasn't rained since I received it. I bought it because my buddy swears by them. It's not as much of a hassle as >>804506 seems to think since the orange material lets air out of the bottom
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.