[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rattlesnakes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: ruh-roh.jpg (250KB, 800x629px) Image search: [Google]
ruh-roh.jpg
250KB, 800x629px
What's crackin' /out/? Had a couple of questions about rattlesnakes... I just moved to Boise, Idaho and have been doing a lot of hiking and am a tad worried about rattlesnakes. I'm from the south, so I've dealt with copperheads and cottonmouths, but is there anything in particular I should know about rattlers? Would be curious to hear about personal accounts of their aggressiveness, if you've run into any that don't rattle, their peak hours, etc. I have talked to a few people and they said so far, this year they've seen and/or heard about lots of rattlesnakes around here and I bumped into one qt on trail that said her dog got tagged by one, but fortunately it was a dry bite.

Any tips, hints, suggestions, or stories would be very welcome. I've read quite a bit online, but always prefer as much info as possible, including anecdotes. Also, any experience with snake gaiters? I haven't seen anyone wearing them yet, but they seem like a decent thing to have if you end up going through some bush or a not well-traveled trail.

Cheers and thanks in advance!
>>
>>803775
Rattlers are mostly harmless. They almost never bite without being provoked and, excepting the very young ones, usually give plenty of warning. If you hear rattling just move away and leave it alone. If you're unlucky and/or stupid enough to get bit then get to a doctor asap and you should be fine.
>>
Start with baby rattlesnakes and work your way up
>>
most of the time they dry bite
>>
File: straya.png (659KB, 580x797px) Image search: [Google]
straya.png
659KB, 580x797px
Just don't be retarded and look where you're walking.
>>
>>803775
Use a walking stick or hiking poles (you should have these anyway) and you'll spook the snake into rattling before your feet get to him.
Rattlers are the most polite venomous snake in NA, he'll give you plenty of warning and aren't ill tempered unless they're molting.
Copperheads are bastards and I've heard cottonmouths can be as bad.
>>
>>803775
>I've dealt with copperheads and cottonmouths
Then rattlers will be easy
>>
Lived there 10 years and the only ones I ever saw were dead on the middle fork road. Don't sweat it , faggot
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.