[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Outdoor Living

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
So /out/, anyone else out there live in tents during the summer? Pic related is part of my setup in northern Minnesota, a mile from Lake Superior. This is the second year I've done this. AMA I guess.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Comfy af
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>
Love the setup. What was the overall cost? How long do you stay out? What's your typical day like?
>>
The cost was 800 for the 12'x24' deck, 1400 for the 18'x12' tent and poles. I stay here all June July and August. My typical day consists of sunbathing on the deck, rum, saxophone, campfires, and a lot of reading in my hammock. I work near Lake Superior too so I always take a swim after work around midnight.
>>
>>803641
looks comfy, sounds comfy.
any issues with long term tent living you've experienced? what did you wish you knew before doing it?
>>
File: image.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
Tootin my horn here: I was mentally and financially prepared for this lifestyle. I was wholly prepared but there's two big things to consider- water, and loneliness. I can procure water easily from gas stations. But true solitude is often an alien feeling, even to neets. It's really all about mentality if you are to truly enjoy such an experience. I read 'Walden' before I did this. One must have the capacity for introspection. One must cast off expected comforts; always ALWAYS have a plan B. Everything that can go wrong, just might. Having said this, revel in adversity. A good tale needs conflict. Also, stay clean- pic related is my solar shower.
>>
I also hail from around Duluth, do you just buy property to set up on? Been pondering a walltent for almost a year now
>>
>>803641
What do you do for work? Do you need to show up clean and bathed?
>>
Yea I'm real spoiled because the land I'm on has been in my senpai for like 100 years. But as for a wall tent, I say do it do it do it. Yurts are way too pricey for what they are. Follow your dreams, bitch.
>>
>>803617
> a fucking leaf
>>
Every morning I boil water on my stove, mix I with cool water and shower every day, sometimes twice. I'm a cook in Duluth so yea I get greasy and bathing is a must. Again, free water from the gas station is a godsend.
>>
Why no pelts on your bed? Why not even a wool blanket. Could be more /comfy/ than a sleeping bag.
>>
I want to do this
>>
>>803725
>Where'd you buy it from?
> Do you have a stove for it? Type?
> How well does it handle winter?
>Did you wax it?
>Any experience with smaller/larger tents?
> Why 18×12
> General wall tent living tips?
Fuck, this thread is really bringing back that wall tent itch. Fuck yurts, wall tents for life.
The only thing that is preventing me from the wall tent route is that I could buy a trailer, trick it out for fur handling, living quarters, and haul stuff and it'd be as much as property + tent+etc.
>>
>>803742
A beaver or muskrat bedspread would be kind of pricey. OP, if you want one hit up USAA Fox and Furs in Duluth.
>>
>>803725

>has been in my senpai

was this part of your plan, Hiro?
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Ok guys, I'm posting from a phone, sorry. I will answer questions in no particular order. I am a dual citizen with a fucking leaf, autocorrect senpai to sempai, I have at least the bear coat from Workaholics
>>
>>803614
i am fuckin jelly m8
>>
>>803614
Damn son. You don't have to worry about rain with a deck like that.
>>
>>803614
>being outside
>in Minnesota
>in summer

why do you hate yourself so much?
>>
>>804220
The lake breeze is rad and the screen door wards off mosquitos well. Spiders are another story.
>>
have you ever encountered a bear on your sundeck?

where do you poop?
>>
>>804429
No bears. I've seen a pair of wolves, some bald eagles, and the deer are like rats in Boston. I've heard mountain lions screeching at night. I have a porta-potty down my trail for poops.
>>
>>803614
that deck needs a handrail its not up to code
>>
File: StreamByFallsHg.jpg (410KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
StreamByFallsHg.jpg
410KB, 667x1000px
>>804433
>porta-potty
>>
>>803710
Even Walden made a cabin. Step up, senpai
>>
>>804447
Fuck the law they can eat my dick
>>
>>804497
Oh, indeed my good lad. Next project is a wee sauna. Then Walden cabin. I'll make it a bit bigger than Thoreau's I'm 6'2''.
>>
>>804850
And to clarify, it's pronounced soun-nuh.
>>
>>803755
It's a Davis Canvas out of Colorado. I didn't wax it but MN law requires wall tents to have fireproofing treatment so I got that as well as UV, waterproofing treatment. Also got a tarp to protect from white pine sap and falling branches. (Two sexy white pines are on either side of the deck front)
>>
>>803617
>nalgene
>sailor jerry label

could you be anymore JUST

seems like a pretty nice setup though, northern minnesota is lovely this time of year.
>>
Shit man that looks great. What's your power source? Generator?
>>
How long does it take to setup by yourself?
>>
>>804848
>fuck the law
>>804856
>It's the law
>>
Dude this thread is dope. For all the people on here always talking about "I want to buy some land and blah blah blah" you actually did it. Post some more pics so I can live vicariously through them. Also a few questions -

1. Is this your primary residence or do you have a house somewhere else?

2. Did you need any kind of permits to build? Most places you can't even build a shed over 14' x 14' with out getting a permit.

3. I noticed your stove thingy, how do you power it? Do you have a generator or solar or something?

4. How deep inawoods are you? It's hard to tell from the pics. Did you drive all that stuff up there or did you have to lug it little by little? Where is your vehicle?

5. Any plans to build a more permanent structure in the future?

Thanks for posting bro, cool to see someone kinda going off-grid
>>
>>809369
totes dope brah!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6FkxiInae8
>>
>>809369
The site is like 500 feet from a dirt road. Not my permanent address, and I have no power source other than a solar usb charger. I have no stove yet. This is just for summer.
>>
File: image.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>807457
I put rum in my nalgene where glass isn't allowed. Proper labeling, boi. Also, bitches better have mah honey
>>
One of my friends was talking to a community of people who live similarly (I think) to this... about 3 miles from Superior in northern minnesota. Might be a stretch, but do you know anything about the community I speak of?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.