[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /out/ think of river rafting? I recently took a trip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

What does /out/ think of river rafting?

I recently took a trip to a popular holiday destination. There was a lot of trekking involved, and my group added a last minute addition of rafting to our itinerary. I'm definitely no /out/, but I enjoy such things every now and then. The rafting was a great experience and I'm now considering it as a career.
I would be the co-owner and would be only handling the business aspect of it, my partner is a certified rafting instructor and would be handling everything there. All I have to do is make an investment for all the materials required.

I will be inquiring with /biz/ too, but I want to know how popular is river rafting as an activity?

What do you guys think of it?
>>
>>803382
It's a lot of fun, and the idea that you can do big water safely definitely has mass appeal, but that's why there's already river rafting pretty much everywhere it'd be fun. If you're established, it's a great way to make money. If you aren't, I think it'd be next to impossible to do so. Everywhere that's not unbelievably amazing the rafting company has a monopoly on the river, so breaking the barriers to entry would be difficult, to say the least. Anywhere that doesn't have the localized monopoly has so many companies that one more probably wouldn't be able to grow enough to turn a profit.
TL;DR: sounds fun, probably not so good in practice
>>
>>803409

This is in a third world country, an "exotic" vacation hotspot, lots of tourists and not many rafting companies there at the moment. There are milder routes and a few more white water ones. My partner there is a local working in the area for a while and is quite confident it will work well.
>>
I live by a river which leads to a lake which then leads back around to my house. I get to do that which is pretty much rapids for 2 hours. Its not fun.
>>
>>803438
If they're close enough that you can get there within 30-40 minutes of driving, I'd set up at least one mild one and one with more white water, then. If you're confident you can get established, there's no reason to not do it. Have fun, good luck
>>
I've been on the Ocoee and Nantahala and they're fun as hell.

Basically if you're gonna get into making it a business wherever you are, I'd model it off of what the other rafting guides/places do. They buy a plot of land and throw cabins on it or one strip of multiple rooms, and have a central building where people can eat/buy snacks/hang out etc. They also provide the bus/van service to take their groups to the launch area.

I think it's REALLY popular, whenever I went we always had to wait on like 10-20 other groups at a time and groups usually have like 10-15 people.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.