[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Treasure hunting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 573133.jpg (202KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
573133.jpg
202KB, 425x282px
Is there anything like a treasure hunting general? I've never seen one...
Well anyway, i would like to get started into treasure hunting, is there any tip or advice you could give me? I live in Ft. Lauderdale and i've heard that rich spaniards used to hide their fortune around here, but that's pretty much it.
>>
Metal detect the beach. People lose shit like rings and whatnot all the time. If you like doing that and dont get bored of it, look into better gear and diving lessons.
>>
>>803082
>Ft. Lauderdale
Let's go fishin!

But you won't find anything like that around here anymore. Better off just looking for a lost ring on the beach with a metal detector. Maybe if you went down to the Keys and got to some of the uninhabited islands, you could find a couple Cubans that washed up. But there isn't anything around here that hasn't been touched in the past year.
>>
>>803090
>>803095
Well... shit
Ok then lets have a treasure hunting general
Who's up for it?
I would really love to find aztlan or forest fenn's treasure
>>
Are there any treasure hunters here in /out/?
>>
>>803115
I have a metal detector. I mostly find pennies, which is pretty useless since pennies are no longer used in Canada.
>>
File: some kind of board game.jpg (11KB, 392x235px) Image search: [Google]
some kind of board game.jpg
11KB, 392x235px
I found this washed up on the beach once...
>>
How about something like geode hunting? There was a thread a while ago about it. Geodes honestly sound like the perfect treasure hunting goal, if you're lucky you crack one that has gemstones inside. And if you're unlucky at least you get the thrill of finding one and not knowing what's inside.

They're like all natural treasure chests
>>
I want to find a faberge egg
>>
>>803446
to poop in?
>>
>>803158
kek
>>
I own a metal detector and have combed the beach with it. I find change, cans and fishing lures.

I found an earring once, but it was not real gold.

Still hoping for that Spanish Galleon
>>
I work at my state library and have access to tons of old maps. I've found quite a few old mining trail maps so i may go hunt down some abandoned mines soon
>>
>>804275
Kork, the Anon who went searching in old mines and one of two things happened:

1. He became the subject of a million dollar rescue mission and captured the hearts of millions with the televised rescue effort
2. Never heard from again
>>
>>803158
They're doing a remake of Jumanji with The Rock.
>>
>>803082
better chance at being a wreck diver. my uncle did plenty of salvage operations for central America governments. id recommend that anon. and if you find gold coins cash them in slowly or uncle sam will come knocking for his " history"
>>
>>803115
Here. In Bavaria all the fields are full of old artifacts.
>>
>>805557
They need to fucking stop. The only one who could take Robin William's place is a younger Bill Murray.
>>
Is there anything cooler than the idea of exploring uninhabited islands in the Caribbean and finding an old wooden chest in the arms of a skeleton filled with gold coins?

Why is real life so disappointing?
>>
>>805557
Get out. You're fucking kidding me.

>>805829
This.
>>
>>805825
Give me your artifacts, stalker.
>>
>>805557
>He's not joking
God help us all.
>>
> find three wallets on beach
> all empty cept one
> it's got a a fucking lottery ticket in it
> think holy fuck it must be fate
> rush home to check it
> it's a loser and was just the universe fucking with me
I rock collect a lot though. Boxes and boxes of v quartz and agates

Fort Lauderdale sounds like a good place to find used condoms and needles. Though its worth a shot to go metal detecting after big v events like the 4th, mass amounts v of people equal mass amounts of retards losing shit.
>>
>>803158
In the jungle you must wait
>>
>>806474
Until the dice read five or...
[looks up at you with intense eyes]
...eight.
>>
>>805825
Really?
Artifacts like what?

I've heard about the area around kochel being famous for nazi gold, and there people used to throw coins in the lake in ye old times.
Other than that I've heard about the roman banners that where lost in some battle.
>>
>>803082
My Grandfather and I found some old log cabins. We are going to go half and half on a detector and share whatever we find.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.