[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SCUBAustim

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: what_are_udoing.jpg (18KB, 366x380px) Image search: [Google]
what_are_udoing.jpg
18KB, 366x380px
>be me
>learning to scuba with dad and brother
>go to malibu to learn scuba
>class of 8 people, 3 chicks
>and one asian fatass
>his name is Wei
>as in "No Fucking" Wei
>barely spoke english
>passed the scuba test by cheating off the dude next to him
>this fucker was fresh-off-the-boat Korean
>We actually get in the water
>first up, swim test
>holyshet.jpg
>he can barely swim
>we had to do 800m and he did it in a solid 10 minutes, dying the whole time
>then came the float
>just float on your back for 10 minutes :^)
>he's practically drowning
>goes under twice and has to restart
>we get our gear and he nearly loses his foot to a scuba tank
>learning how to assemble our kit and turn on out air
>his LPI (low pressure inflator) hose is loose and begins spraying air and wizzing around eratically
>he can't catch it
>my sides enter low earth orbit
>we get to go in the pool with out gear on
>everyone does a proper entry
>Wei still on shore
>scared.webm
>he jumps in
>sinks like a fucking rock
>instructor has to rescue him
>nearly drowns
>we do some exercises and learn techinques
>Wei struggles the whole time
>Has to buddy up with the instructor to complete every basic task
>We get to the mask-off underwater swim
>Everyone underwater
>Wei can't descend
>Instructor has to drag him down
>He's hyperventilating underwater
>Uses half his tank in 30 minutes
>Wei takes his mask off for the exercise
>Drops it
>freaks out and the two instructors have to restrain him in his tardrage to find the mask
>cont

1/2
>>
2/2
>Completes exercise
>he actually fucking did it - poorly - but he actually did it
>time to get out
>Wei goes first on the ladder
>Falls into the watter
>Didn't have his regulator in
>Sinks to the bottom
>Panics and inflates his BCD
>Floats like a cork and then gets his shit pushed in by the Instructors because of muh DCS
>we dissassemble our gear
>Wei drops a cyclinder
>PING.ogg
>everyone looks at Wei
>He turns redder than a tomato
>We collect our gear and go back to the shop
>Instructor tells him he has to come back for additional training because he's such a fuckup
>We are fully signed off
>And that was the last I saw of "No Fucking" Wei
>Tip instructor $40 because of Wei
>>
File: THIS TBQFH FAMILY.jpg (10KB, 390x234px) Image search: [Google]
THIS TBQFH FAMILY.jpg
10KB, 390x234px
>>802502
>>802505
Holy fuck
>>
File: fth.jpg (58KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
fth.jpg
58KB, 480x480px
>>802502
>>802505
>>
I'm amazed he didn't get kicked out of the course for being such a useless cunt
>>
>>802505
>Wei goes first on the ladder
>Falls into the watter
>Didn't have his regulator in
>Sinks to the bottom
>Panics and inflates his BCD
>Floats like a cork and then gets his shit pushed in by the Instructors because of muh DCS
That doesn't make any sense, DCS isn't an issue in that scenario and doing what he did isn't a bad response if he can't find his regulator, even if he is an idiot for falling and not being able to find his regulator.
Are you sure you didn't just make this story up OP?
>>
>>803460
Yea Wei did the right thing in this specific situation
>>
>>802502
>>802505
This story smacks of "hay guise I'm a loser but not as much as this guy"

Coolstorybro/10
>>
File: 1436931464960.png (19KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1436931464960.png
19KB, 499x499px
>>802502
>>802505
>"No Fucking" Wei
No wei, not even a chink can fuck up that bad.
>>
>>803460
>not an issue in that specific scenario
If wei loses his regulator on a real dive and defaults to his training of "OH NO I WIRR INFRATE VEST TO SURFACE", he's gonna have a bad time. practice how you play
>>
There's no wei they would even OK the guy to continue after the 800m swim
>>
>>803525
If you're at surface and you fall and start sinking fast that's completely different. It isn't a matter of being on a real dive or not, it's that the two situations are entirely different and require different responses. In this case, while breathing through his regulator is optimal, if he finds his BCD before his regulator then inflating it is exactly what he should do, because falling further takes him further from help and the surface and more can go wrong the further down he goes. With an inflated BCD he could pass out and still receive help and make it out okay; if he passes out while sinking help has to get to him, find him, and bring him to the surface before anything can be done.

If you'll notice, this is the exact opposite from panicking at depth since ascending in that case (in addition to DCS) takes you further from help.

I can't imagine the dive instructors would chew him out over DCS in that scenario, this sounds like a story that someone that knows a bit about diving but not as much as they would think would come up with.
>>
>>803471

>being this much of a no fun faggot
>>
>>802502
>>802505
After reviewing all the facts and the forensic evidence this story just doesn't add up.

There's the DCS incident at the end, but also the fact that a "fatass" had issues floating. I was a lifeguard a couple of summers when I was still a kid, and let me tell you fat people can float. Even if they are shit at swimming, they can still float fine. Jumping into the water, they float. Even when they exhale completely, they are only barely negatively buoyant and sink at a very leisurely pace. The fatter they are, the better they float.

I think either Wei wasn't as fat as OP said, or only some of what OP described happened.

My guess is there was a chubby asian in the class that did poorly, but didn't do as spectacularly bad as OP claims. Diving classes can be a bit boring at times, so I think OP made up scenarios that would have been "epic hilarious lol" if they did happen, then posted the exaggerated story here.

I'm going to side with Wei on this, because while he's probably a faggot himself he wins by default because he didn't make up a dumb story about a guy doing poorly in a place where inexperienced people are expected for a bunch of strangers on an anonymous anime themed image board.
>>
I wouldn't be too quick to judge. When I took my OW course, I took it with a Finn who fucked up a little on the pool dives (swallowed half the pool when we did the out-of-air do) and a Pole who didn't know if he could swim the required 200 meters without some flotation help (he could, only not very fast). None of them spoke the language very clearly either.
Common for the both of them, and me too, for that matter, was genuine interest and willingness to learn, and by the last dive, I felt like I could've dived with either of them with no concerns about their competence.
If Wei was a bit slow, he could probably use the extra one on one time with the instructor.
If I were you, I would just wish the best for him and trust that the instructors won't sign him off before they're feeling certain that he won't cause any problems for himself or others.
Remember, it's just a training course. Skill comes with experience, and experience comes with training.

Not gonna lie though, it's a mighty amusing story.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.