[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brit Camp!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 11

File: british-summer-hol (1).jpg (59KB, 468x286px) Image search: [Google]
british-summer-hol (1).jpg
59KB, 468x286px
Any Brit bongs up for a sc/out/ camp in the summer. We will need a location that all of us can get to and plenty of alcohol.
Who's up for it?
>>
>drinking alcohol while /out/
>>
I'm down. Guy in the previous thread suggested the peaks.

>>801291
What are you afraid of? Getting lost in a square mile of light forest and being mauled by a rabbit?
>>
>>801276
>tfw live in london
>no car
>also don't want to sell kidney to afford train travel
>>
>>801341
Where do you go /out/ then?
>>
>>801357
I don't anymore, I used to go camping with my parents in Wales when I was in early secondary school though, plus I was a sc/out/ as a young kid.

I mean there are camp sites that I can go to (Look up Debden Campsite if anyone else here is in London) and I'm planning a bike camping trip thing with my non /out/ friends in the summer at some point. Anyone know of any non shite camp sites that I won't have to sell my kidney to get to?
>>
I'm up for it, Hampshire reporting.
>>
>>801371
You a student? I was at UCL and rent was organ-pawning bad. Moved up north (you know, where there's actual /out/doors), and I'm paying half the rent for a whole house.
>>
>>801388
Nah born here unfortunately. I live in Zone 5 East on the District Line.

Lucky tbqh famalam.
>>
I'm down. N. Hertsfag here
>>
>>801417
Me again. Anyone recommend a "decent" 2/3 person tent? Say under £200? I've heard good things about Vango but also some bad too. Any help lads?
>>
So where to go? Peaks/Snowdonia?
>>
>>801421
>not spooning in a 1 man bivvy to save 1.4778393kg on your base weight

I bet you don't even grind your compasses base plate down.
>>
>>801431
>tfw /out/'s Brit meetup turns into a spoonfest
>>
>>801431
I'm a fat fucker and 6ft5 m8
>>801435
One can dream.
>>
>>801426
If it's one or other I'd say go for whatever one is cheapest/closer to you. Or if you have friends in/around either pick that one. Can always go to the other on another trip?
>>
fuckin down

bath here
>>
>>801458
I just wondering what peoples' preferences are. Peaks are close to me but I've never been to Snowdonia.
>>
>>801466
I'm >>801436 & >>801458
As I said earlier, I used to go camping in Wales as a kid so I'd recommend that. Let me bring up the google maps of where I used to go with my family. If you drive the route to get there is 11/10. Long windy cliff roads surrounded by rock and greenery. Been coming there for 3 generations now.
>>
File: bontddu.png (4MB, 1914x990px) Image search: [Google]
bontddu.png
4MB, 1914x990px
>>801468
The guy that runs the place is pretty chill. You can have fires and shit. Close to the coast, lots of places to explore.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.7472794,-3.976954,3a,75y,131.49h,76.28t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sPOk2-gw6dDRTJS-a3_u1vg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1
>>
>>801471
That's cool, Snowdonia sounds like it would be great. Other Brits let me know what you think.
>>
>>801471
>>801497

local knowledge time

unless you drive this place will be an utter cunt to get to on public transport it will quite literally take you days.

it's a fair spot but it's just a an hour and a bit's walk from Barmouth ( land of summer slags) it's great if you wanta quick easy sti, but not much else there- it's a summer town full of summer stuff like chipshops and places to buy beach goods. It has a well stocked CARAVAN camping shop.

going the other way you hit Dolgellau. probably the most hostile place I've ever been to. I'm welsh, and a fluent welsh speaker, but this place is practically the league of gentlemen territory. even if you speak the lingo but aren't local you get a frosty reception here. thee is a pretty well stocked outdoor shop on the high street though.

You can go a bit of fishing here, but you need to be right up the estuary towards Barmouth.

There is a bit to do in the area but be prepared to do a lot of walking unless you have a car. I don't bike myself ( brother in law does) and apparently the trails at Coed y Brenin are getting busy already.
>>
>>801546
All I care about is where the good ridges and peaks are at.
>>
>>801828
Woods are better in my opinion, they are less windy and look much better.
>>
No, I don't like to waste my time or my money so I don't sit around drinking.

I'll be that guy who walk past you and tells you to pick up all your empty Foster's tins.
>>
>>802056
This is /out/, nobody's getting bevved. Also I severely doubt anyone ITT would litter.
>>
>>802062
I don't consider leaving my garbage on the ground to be littering . It's part of the environmental code to reuse things. Maybe one of you homeless guys or a millennial out on hike or a rapefugee can save your life with my Foster's tins.
>>
>>802146
Lincolnfag here

I'd be up for this. I drive too so if anyone wants picking up on the way I'd be happy to oblige.
>>
>>802172
That's cool man, I'm not far from you so might take you up on that, see if there's anybody else in the Midlands.
>>
>>802179
I got 3 free seats so anyone is welcome.
>>
Anyone is the south west?
>>
So when do we all think we should do this? A weekend in July?
>>
>mfw no scottish /out/ists post
>>
>>801828
hills wise locally there're Cadar Idris to the south and Cnicht to the north. Cader Idris is probably the easier of the two to get to on public transport.

If you're wanting knife ridges from the glacial valleys it's about 40 miles each way up into northen Snowdonia

Given it's summer time, I'll impart another pearl of wisdom. If youre looking for a good time and a bit of solitude stay around that camp site. Something I've been noticing over the past 5 years or so is that anywhere within around 40 mins drive from the A55 gets not just busy, it gets rammed. All of the popular peaks will be busy (heck if you want to try Snowdon, Pen y Pas car park is normally full by 6am at this time of year, and Gwynedd council have traffic enforcement issuing tickets to cars parked up down by Pen y Gwryd) It gets busy elsewhere but nothing compared to the Tesco outdoor isle wearing people you see parking up at Llyn Ogwen wanting to go up the Glyderau and Carneddau

>>801875

This site is that far south that you should avoid most of the crowds and there are still a couple of hills to hit, as well as the woodland, and sea if you have a 'yak/into fishing
>>
File: image.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Surrey/Hampshire border here. Willing to drive others for petrol monies. Pic of my /out-mobile.
>>
>>801276
>the inevitable brexit debates
No thanks
>>
You guys, what are you doing

Get a plane to Glasgow, if cheap airline and early then it costs £10

Take bus to Loch Lomond national park, another £10 and youre sorted. £40 assuming you have everything else you need. Throw in a fiver for a fishing permit.

In Scotland you can wild camp anywhere and it is the most mountainous part of Britain, so organise a trip to there. Least hassle desu senpai
>>
>>802315
I'm Scottish but I live in England.

>>802401
Cool idea senpai, I'd be down for Lomond too. I really miss wild camping down here.
>>
>>802233
Sure july sounds good
>>
>>801341

Pfft, you could easily bike it from one end of your tiny island to the other side in a week a a pokey pace of 10mph for 10hrs or 3 days east to west, you don't really need a car at that pace. With a sweet Dutch cargo bike you could carry everything in comfort and style.
>>
>>802223
Wiltshire here. Up for this
>>
>>801276

Oh yes. I'm up for it. Alcohol and sex all night. We can all sleep in one tent for ultimate orgy :3
>>
>>802692
How does Saturday the 23rd of july sound for everyone? Gives us a monthish to prep
>>
>>802605
Well I'm Glasgow based, with a car, but I'm going inna in Spain for 3 weeks leaving tomorrow, but I'm down for a northern meetup if there are folk up for it in August.
>>
>>802737
Define northern? I'm from Orkney, haha.
>>
>>802223
Bath here
>>
>>802223
Bristol here
>>
File: 12.jpg (43KB, 630x400px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
43KB, 630x400px
>>802223
Lone Chippenham fag here
>>
Mkay, lotta Southernfags here. I guess Snowdonia would make most sense? We could pick a two-day circular.
>>
Lancashire here, as long as we're wild camping I can bring one mate and we're up for it.
>>
>>802780
No further south than the Trossachs.

Used to live in Wick mate, love the North .
>>
>>801471
>DYNDU
> dyndu nuffin
>>
>>803422
kek
>>
>>801276
Norwich here. How we doing lads?
>>
>>802387
this tho
>>
Hey local knowledge peeps, how is it around Lake Vyrnwy? Is it quiet/forested enough?
>>
>>801300
Don't even fucking joke about that shit, man. I've seen Monty Python. I know about your British 'rabbits'.
>>
Manc here, monitoring.
>>
Lurkers, please respond to:
>>803554
>>803327
>>802233
>>
File: crop.jpg (157KB, 602x345px) Image search: [Google]
crop.jpg
157KB, 602x345px
>>801276
I'd like to see the artistic shelters at Kielder Water:

http://www.visitkielder.com/play/explore/best-views
>>
>>801465
Nigga I'm in Bath.

Email me: [email protected]
>>
File: snowdonia_park.jpg (66KB, 500x281px)
snowdonia_park.jpg
66KB, 500x281px
Ok, I think most of us agree that Snowdonia is the place.
Does anyone know a campsite that is reasonably accessible by public transport?
Also I think a weekend in August would be good for it.
>>
>>801417
Mate if you're east just head to somewhere like epping forest or hainault forest. I live in romford and can walk about 20 minutes and end up in gorgeous countryside.
>>
>>803554
Ok. I liked the sound of this place so after dropping the wife off at work, i went for a spin to check it out.

FUCK ME!

this place is a cunt to get to even by car, we're talking 10 mile stretched of single track road dodging sheep BUT talk about a location! NO public transport whatsoever, it's either car or walk in.

I followed the B4391 out of Bala and followed the signposted (single track) road sign for the lake (52.901951, -3.585477) and followed it south for about 10 miles. the area is amazing, it's been heavily logged in the past 10 years or so but it's not as bad as other places locally. Parts of it feel so old it could have been laid during the roman occupation. I passed about 6 derelict farm houses, and I lost count of the old shacks and shed, there is easily a whole season of exploring for me to do (at my cripple's pace) just on this 10 mile stretch of road.

Once you hit the lake youre still on a single track and as it's in a valley places to set up can be difficult to spot, but you're not dumbasses you's figure out what is best. There's a lot of space an in just driving down the road i spotted 2 or 3 spots that would be great fora small group ( less than 5) to set up.

Down the bottom of the lake by the dam there is some kind of RSPB center with hides set up to look down the valley beyond. there are even a couple of cafes ( *read* somewhere to take a shite) and a massive open air picnic area with a table big enough to seat a small army

>>>>cont
>>
>>805316

>>>>cont

Because this place is such an awkward out of the way place to get to, you're not going to end up here randomly, and I believe the risk we have of getting bugged is minimal.Even using the easier south road as it's a right trek to get to so *if* anyone did make a complaint to the fuzz about us I really doubt it would get followed up on. It's a 45 minute drive from Bala ( which I'm not even sure is manned now, they might even have to send someone all the way over from Wrexham) just to the dam, then to go looking for us around 12 miles of lakeshore on a single track road.

I took a few snaps of the journey, the lakeside, dam, and back out again and dumped them to an imgur account:

http://imgur.com/a/Yjwvb

which might help get a better perspective on things 'bad road' ins the way in from the north, 'good road' is the one from the south end, after crossing the dam. good road is semi-single track and opens up to two lanes in sections

sure as fuck I'm be rounding my mates up as soon as I can and coming here for a couple of days
>>
>>805242

in general public transport is sketchy.

last year there was a half million pound fraud case that went down as a local bus company was billing Gwynedd council ( they cover most of Snowdonia to run routes and then not actually sending busses out ( http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/gwynedd-bus-company-boss-500000-11037621)

the contract went back out to tender, and the new company is just finding it's feet. no idea what routes they have chosen to cover though

the main destinations around the big 3 northern glacial valleys are covered but getting from somewhere like Capel Curig to Porthmadog for example you'd be lucky if the service is more than 2x a day

also as a heads up, my wife and I were looking to book into a site we like down by Harlech ( no, not Shell Island what the fuck do you take me for!?!) and the pitches are drying up fast. once you hit the school summer holidays, any decent site with say 75 pitches will be lucky to have more than 6 or 8 not booked by now. We've had to abandon any hope the site we wanted, and book in elsewhere. Places like Llyn Gwynat look like a cross between a circus and Glastonbury with the amount of tents they have up
>>
>>805316
>>805321
So do you think we should go there? Or to Dolgellau?

Also how are people for the 30th July/6th August weekends?
>>
>>802223
Bath here as well.
>>
Aberdeen masterrace reporting.

Cairngorms have been quite wet this last week up there, still been having a few good day walks and multi-days.
>>
Has anyone ever seen an adder?
>>
>>801436
>I'm a fat fucker and 6ft5

>fat
>6'5

Maybe just drink 1 litre of coke a day instead of four?
>>
>>806262
Seen quite a few in the heather.
>>
>>802401
Don't get bus. Get a train for far cheaper, faster and legroom.
>>
>>805474

It all depends on what you want, and how your transport situation is. If you're just wanting a casual meetup with other /out/ bros, some hikes and a cozy chill around a fire... book in at the site. If you have access to a van, have a few solid and established buddies who love /out/ (as in would share a tent, no homo) then Vyrnwy.

>Mawddach estuary

Good: best accessibility, local facilities, possible (though convoluted) to get to by public transport

Bad: you need to pay, pitches are drying up fast need to book now(ish) possibility of fucktard DofE types being a nuisance

>Vyrnwy reservoir

Good: very /out/ so unlikely to be bugged by other humans, no mobile phone signal

Bad: impossible to get to without own car/10+ mile walk, in a valley (cold), midges could be a HUGE problem. unsuitable for groups more than 2 or 3 due to lack of space to set up in one spot

IMO for an /out/ meetup where nobody knows who's who, ( there are bound to be some armchair heroes here trying to blag shit) I'd go with he site on the Mawddach estuary. This way there are witnesses and there won't be any bodies buried up in old conifer plantations if something goes wrong
>>
File: 1424776414717.png (215KB, 355x352px) Image search: [Google]
1424776414717.png
215KB, 355x352px
>>803477

Wymondham right here, I'm up for whatever
>>
>>806636
>IMO for an /out/ meetup where nobody knows who's who, ( there are bound to be some armchair heroes here trying to blag shit) I'd go with he site on the Mawddach estuary. This way there are witnesses and there won't be any bodies buried up in old conifer plantations if something goes wrong
I bow to your superior knowledge. Okay, so would we make a two-day circular route with the site halfway through or start at the site and come back at the end of each day?
>>
>>806865
Coming back each day I think would be better, then we can bring bigger tents and more cider and just leave it on camp while we use day packs for walks.
>>
>>801421
I had a banshee 300 lasted me about 5 years with lots of use. Spent two solid months in it while on fieldwork and it held up pretty well. It's not bad for its weight
>>
>>806911
Good stuff famalam.

So shall we find a campsite on the mawddach estuary for say the 6th/7th August?
>>
File: rvbiywvbwwhbweg.jpg (206KB, 1920x921px) Image search: [Google]
rvbiywvbwwhbweg.jpg
206KB, 1920x921px
>>806865
Looks pretty lush
>>
Anybody know any decent places for camping in west sussex?
>>
Bump

So are we doing this?
>>
>>801276
>be from britannia
>pitch tent in pond
>like direct middle of fucking pond

wtf is wrong with you eurpoe?
>>
>>808546
I don't know if this is bait but it's clear this is flooding from rainfall
>>
>>808555
>b-but it flooded
>cars obviously up on the grass only inches above tent
>camping in rainy season
>pitching tent in hole

seriously europe?
>>
I'm in.

Just been wild camping in the lake district on the weekend, hiked to the top of a fell and set up there, good view looking down on Ullswater. Plenty of wooded shoreline as well.

Third highest peak in England is right nearby too.
>>
>>808562
In britain it's always rainy season
>>
File: IMG_0649.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0649.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>808565
This is from in front of my camp, its a nice place
>>
>>808565
>>808584
Envy m80
I'm going back in October, gonna climb everything since the highest we went before was Sallows over Windermere.
>>
>>802315
I go to uni in dundee
>>
>>808593
I'm lucky to live in leeds, its only a two hour drive up.

Going back tomorrow with a £40 inflatable kayak I bought from aldi.

If I don't die on the water the plan is to find a nice cove and set up for the night, paddle back to my car in the morning.

Some islands dotted about too but I think geese nest there.
>>
>>801276
Sure. But noone wants a lad from Nottingham. Probably get scared I'll steal your tents.
>>
>>808574
>In britain it's always rainy season
>where i'm camping it's always rainy season
>pitching tent in hole
seriously europe?
>>
No, I'm afraid one of you might sperg out and stab someone.
>>
>>809611
Aslong as you dont mention the EU you should be safe.
>>
>>809881
But we all agree the best decision won
>>
>>809898
Stop
>>
>>809929
Can't put a price on sovereignty
>>
>>808972
Its okay I'm from Hull
>>
So can we pick a campsite then? Local knowledge peeps?
>>
File: geyfgvbifaeviyaef.jpg (147KB, 1854x940px) Image search: [Google]
geyfgvbifaeviyaef.jpg
147KB, 1854x940px
>>812123
I have 0 local knowledge, but from a search there seems to be quite a few choices. Ones closer to the village will be more accessible for public transport, but are also more likely to be booked by DofE fags or normies.
>>
>>812123
>>812207

I am the supplier of the local knowledge on this thread, but will have to miss out on the meet unfortunately due to >>809505

In all honesty guys if you've left it this late to book into a site, or even do basic research into an area you're going to be pretty fucked to find one that isn't swamped this late in the season. Once the kids are off school it's only glory holes like Shell Island that aren't shoehorning tents in.

How many /out/ists are like (genuinely) to attend? People say eight and one turns up on his lonesome . What experience/activities are you intending to do? How long are you looking at staying for? etc....

For a handful of people ( 5 or less) who are quiet and don't draw attention to themselves with bonfires and being louts, I think it would perfectly feasible to pitch up in the woodland on the south side of the river just at the estuary. C'mon guys google maps Sat view.... It's not hard
>>
>>812280
That's what I was thinking, wild camping is the way to go.
>>
I spend a lot of time in snowdonia. Wild camping is 100% feasible you just need to find somewhere away from popular paths, I'd be totally down for a weekend wild camping in snowdonia.
>>
>>812708
As I've mentioned, keep further than that 40 minute travel distance from the A55 and youre golden, you hardly find anyone south of Porthmadog. All of the big 3 northern valleys and the peaks there get swamped in the high season
>>
>>803422

Its even better when you realise Dyndu is Welsh for Black man.
>>
>>813448
Gonna call bullshit on this one.
>>
>>813915

I'm first language Welsh, this is 110% legit actually
>>
>tfw Swedish
>Spent my entire youth camping in the forests with my dad, my friends or on my own
>Move to the UK for university (Sheffield)
>Literally can't wild camp anywhere

I mean, on my doorstep is the peak district but no forests there. There is the Lakes but its pretty far away and being a student I dont have the money really.

How do you survive with literally no woodland in this country?
>>
>>815432
There's plenty of forest, it's just that the Peaks are pretty bare for the most part. That has its own beauty but it's not for everyone. You want dense forest, you've gotta travel.
>>
>>815573
there isn't

you find patches of woodland- in Wales it's pretty much all softwood planted back in the 60's that's not up for harvest. there are swathes of trees missing all over the place here now.

don't believe me? check google maps sat view you'll struggle to find any sizable woodland. the ones you do find are either some kind of managed parkland or are being logged. Near as damn it the whole of wales ( and England) has been cultivated for agriculture
>>
I'm down

>leeds
>>
>>815573
>There's plenty of forest

laughinggirls.jpg
>>
Staffordshire fag here. Anyone know of any decent camping spots in the midlands?
>>
>>817120
malverns lol
>>
>tfw wanted to go camping for the first time with a bunch of friends after our graduation
>they all moved away, nobody left to go camping with
>live in the middle of a German city, nobody here interested in going camping
I envy you people.
>>
>>817160
Don't send him to me.
>>
>>817120
Staffs here too, I usually travel, never camped here.
>>
>>806369
>Get a train for cheaper

You don't get out much do you?
>>
>>802679
He lives in London

Its got like a 10% white population

The minute you think you own a bike its fucking gone.

There are no more bike shops, only a "bike exchange" system in place.
>>
>>819659
>The minute you think you own a bike its fucking gone.
Cycled in London for two years, can confirm.
I also once had an alan key set stolen from my front doorstep when I turned my back for about 30 seconds. People in shitty areas of London will steal anything which isn't bolted down. They'll also let their dog shit outside your house while making eye contact with you.
>>
can we all snuggle up in a bothy?
>>
>>802315
Aberdeenshire here
>>
>>819716
Yeah I'm up for some snuggling
Thread posts: 124
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.