[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why would anyone want to go hunting? whats the actual appeal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 26

File: no hunting.jpg (32KB, 310x319px) Image search: [Google]
no hunting.jpg
32KB, 310x319px
Why would anyone want to go hunting?

whats the actual appeal in murdering something? does it make you feel big or something? explain to me how killing animals is anything other than a sick, fucked up excuse for enacting gore that isn't illegal.

Literally explain this to me.
>>
File: The Game.png (40KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
The Game.png
40KB, 420x420px
gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8
>>
>>799220
I don't trophy hunt, I think that's dumb. The only things I hunt are things I eat.

I'm not a vegetarian, and I don't think it's somehow more noble to have someone else bludgeon my food to death.

If you eat meat, and can't kill your own food, you should be a vegetarian. I really believe you should understand that eating meat involves killing an animal, and if you're not comfortable with the killing, you shouldn't be eating meat.

Unlike other hunters, I have no problems with others who choose to be vegetarian. The meat industry with their factory farms and inhumane treatment is pretty appalling. I really try to buy my meat from locally sourced humanely raised animals.
>>
>>799223
So its just about skinning the flesh off of a living thing?

You just gonna post bait memes or actually make an argument to make up for your shit?

Because as far as i can see this shit is nothing but a middle finger to all outdoors activities, utter disrespect for mother nature is killing it.
>>
>>799224
Trophy hunting doesnt matter, youre still killing it, even if you do eat it, you still murdered an animal that did nothing to you.

>I don't think it's somehow more noble to have someone else bludgeon my food to death.
You shouldnt, its depraved and stupid, so why would you do such an act yourself if the thought of someone else doing makes you just as sick hm??

>if you're not comfortable with the killing, you shouldn't be eating meat.
Im not and no one should, how can you be a human being living in the year 2016 where you think we need to live off of dead creatures murdered barbarically?

>I really try to buy my meat from locally sourced humanely raised animals.
>Killing
>humane

youre fucked in the head
>>
>>799226

Nigger are you retarded or do you believe you have somehow evolved above nature? Killing shit is natural. I hope you die from vitamin deficiency you faggot vegan hippy.
>>
>>799226
Fucking cry then like the pansy little shit you are. Meanwhile I will enjoy steak, chicken, burgers, ribs and all sorts of food because I accept some animals grow to be eaten by me.
Fuck off back to tumblr and eat a dick, its the only meat you enjoy anyway.
>>
Shooting something with a rifle takes no skill and means you an insecure faggot trying to prove your masculinity. If you want to be manly and impressive try running down, or alternatively sneaking up on an animal with a knife to take it out. Or use a bow.
>>799224
>If you eat meat, and can't kill your own food, you should be a vegetarian.
True. Most people in today's society are weak physically and psychologically. No way could most people kill an animal themselves, I don't know if that's good or bad, but I do think it's fucked up that these people are paying to have animals killed and don't even have what it takes to watch them die.

I think it's acceptable to kill things in two cases:
1. Something is threatening you or your family and 2. If it's your only food source.
Neither of which apply to animal farming because we have an abundance of plant foods to eat which are healthy and don't cause diseases like eating animals does.

But again, for any wanting to hunt for sport, use a knife or bow. Do something that actually takes skill and/or physical fitness.
>>
>>799232
You're probably fat, your arteries are coated in animal plaques and you cannot run for more than 30 seconds.
You're more well suited to sitting in front of a TV than being out. Although I'm sure you'd do fine driving around in your truck shooting animals and getting drunk like the fat degenerate you are, that takes no level of fitness.
>>
>>799226
You can troll while being this agressive, no one will take you serious enough
>>
File: moose-burgers-bbq-581x338.jpg (67KB, 581x338px) Image search: [Google]
moose-burgers-bbq-581x338.jpg
67KB, 581x338px
Moose is delicious, and there's a lot of meat one one moose. Equivalent to hundreds of dollars of beef at least.

Moose are also hyper-abundant.

I also like knowing about primitive methods of self-reliance, and primitive technology like tanning, preservation of sinew, antler tools, bone tools, hide glue, etc. Moose and other large mammals are raw materials for that.

Did I mention that they're delicious?
>>
Bow hunting is sweet, can't wait to get my deer tag.
>>
>>799245
What kind of bow do you use? What do you recommend?
>>
Might summer up in here
>>>/r/e/d/d/i/t
>>
>>799247
I just picked up a Hoyt ignite for my first compound, I've shot them lots before but this is the first one I've ever owned. little bit on the expensive side, but the brand is good.
>>
>>799220
>food
>exercising your skills
>keeping the population in check

There

Also even if those obvious reasons wouldn't exist, 1% of the population is psychopaths, I would prefer them to use their urges to kill animals rather than humans.
>>
>>799220
pussyfart.. do you eat meat?

b8 b8 b8 downboat 4u
>>
>>799220
i never grew up hunting. never have gone. probably never will. honestly i don't understand how you could see a buck, moose or or a bear and want to kill it (shit is magesticcccccccc), but most hunters are great outdoorsmen who really care about nature and are always happy to share their kill which is delicious. not my hobby but i see many of them as allies.

i have more in common with the average hunter than i do with the average vegan. that's for fucking sure. also bows are really fun to shoot.
>>
>>799224
>trophy hunting

these can be knocked out of the argument right away. trophy hunters are the type of fucks who do canned hunts and do it for bragging rights. nobody like trophy hunters aside from other trophy hunters.
>>
File: fault.png (1MB, 1000x628px) Image search: [Google]
fault.png
1MB, 1000x628px
>>799220
>Why would anyone want to go hunting?
The real question is why do people want to not go hunting? Seriously it's pretty sweet, you get to go /out/, spend time with famalam and harvest, process and consume food yourself.

>whats the actual appeal in murdering something?
Unless you want to be poetic, you can only murder humans. Murder means a person killing another person. That said, killing an animal is an expression of might makes right. I have zero moral qualms with animals developing their own civilization and weaponry to hunt us humans as they see fit, it is completely within their natural rights to do so.

>does it make you feel big or something?
Very. It is an affirmation of my superiority as a member of the human species. When humans first appeared on the scene we barely hunted at all, it was just too difficult. Instead we were hunted. But over time we developed better tools, and greater intellects, which allowed us to completely dominate all other species and make them our bitches, even great predators that we used to fear and venerate are now reduced to paltry zoo exhibits.

>explain to me how killing animals is anything other than a sick, fucked up excuse for enacting gore that isn't illegal.
No, YOU explain how killing animals is "a sick, fucked up excuse for enacting gore that isn't illegal."

You are making the claim that this is how things are, the burden of proof lies on you. But here is my take anyway:

You are assuming that because you are a little pansy ass bitch that gets all emotional over things dying that hunters, farmers and butchers have emotional reactions of a similar degree, but since they can't possible be negative like yours, it must be positive. This ignoring a third possibility that they simply don't feel anything, things you find "gory" they simply see as normal.

So tl;dr, you are projecting because you are a delusional faggot lacking any form of critical thinking.
>>
>>799224
>If you eat meat, and can't kill your own food, you should be a vegetarian.

This was my ex gf, and I agree. She didn't mind me hunting but said that she could never kill an animal herself. She admitted that it was kind of shitty, but that's just how she was.

Meat used to be more of a luxury and now it's served at practically every meal. People need to understand that an animal lived and died for your McChicken. If you can't take responsibility for the death of that animal, then you really don't deserve to reap the benefits of its death.

>>799220
Shitty bait
>>
File: 1462613113549.jpg (67KB, 480x608px) Image search: [Google]
1462613113549.jpg
67KB, 480x608px
>>799225
>utter disrespect for mother nature is killing it.
Actually, hunters tend to be the most avid conservationists. It's called acting responsibility, because they know what would happen if everyone could hunt without limitation. Maybe you should do some research about the people you are so naively criticising from your ivory tower of your mom's basement.

>>799239
>Shooting something with a rifle takes no skill
You've never fired a rifle, have you? It's ok, we understand you are scared of scary things, there there.

Sure, it is easier to hunt with a rifle than with a bow, but saying it requires no skill is simply wrong and shows your ignorance. Also, hunting is more than just how to use a rifle, there is tracking, stalking, anatomy, processing, etcetera. These can things differ for every kind of animal. For something that requires no skill why do I still keep learning new things constantly that makes me a better hunter?

>insecure faggot trying to prove your masculinity
The only insecure faggot here is you, since you are the only one trying to disprove your masculinity since you have not and you are trying to bring us down to your level.

>If you want to be manly and impressive try running down, or alternatively sneaking up on an animal with a knife to take it out. Or use a bow.
You first famalam. I, and other hunters, have nothing to prove because we don't care about what faggots think. Not all hunting is about sport, I have gone on professional hunting operations on game farms, there is no point in proving your masculinity by making things artificially more difficult, a job needs doing and efficiency is critical.

>I think it's acceptable to kill things in two cases:
That's nice. Many disagree with you. What you gun do about it? Shitpost on an armenian botanical appreciation forum?
>>
>>799319
>disprove your masculinity since you have not
disprove our masculinity since you have none*
>>
>>799220
>>799226

OP, do you even fucking understand how much more gruesome and painful a "natural" death for ANY animal in the wild is?

Hunting is incredibly humane, like, the best death for any game would be to get shot - quick death and far less painless to the alternative. What's the alternative? Getting eaten alive. Torn limb from limb, while still conscious, struggling to break free, while whatever predator or group of predators thoroughly rapes your ass then eats it.
>>
>>799220

>falling for this bait
>OP knows that /out/ has many users that hunt and fish
>implying we haven't been doing this for thousands of years
>some states and areas have problems with deer, varmits, ect. (Pennsylvania and white-tailed deer)
> people actually eat the meat and harvest useless flesh and organs for compost
>or just harvest what they can and let the rest be consumed by insects and fungi, thus the cycle of nature can continue

I rate this bait 7.2/10. Made me reply. Enjoy your replies, OP.
>>
>>799226

Yeah guys I mean don't people understand that it's the CURRENT YEAR!???!
>>
>>799327
This
>>
>>799319
>What you gun do about it? Shitpost on an armenian botanical appreciation forum?

OP admits to shiposting
>>
>>799327
T H I S

H

I

S

If I were a deer, I would honestly hope I would get shot. After a long, fulfilling life though. I don't want to starve, get cancer, get eaten alive, die a slow death from an infected wound, getting trapped, or any other horrible death.
>>
>>799413
Oh, and shit, as a human, I would rather get shot than die any one of those ways. I'm probably going to wind up killing myself when I get old, or get terminal cancer.
>>
>>799239
Trapper for 8 years
Rifle hunter for 16
Bow hunter for 9
Rifle takes skill trust me. I've waited and waited the perfect shot well time wasn't with me. Rifle takes less skill then a bow but both are respectful. Now so kindly go fuck off and leave /out/ forever.
>>
>>799247
Broad point 60 pound pull compound or trad bow. All up to you. Personally I hunt with 85 pound pull handmade arrows (the heads I made too out of metal) Bow is also handmade.
>>
>>799220
I do it for food because deer meat is far better than store meat and tastier than farmed meats. Oh, and I rarely have enough money to actually buy store foods.

However, I don't fucking understand people who take photos of themselves with something they'd killed or caught. That is totally beyond my comprehension.
>>
>>799432
>However, I don't fucking understand people who take photos of themselves with something they'd killed or caught. That is totally beyond my comprehension.
I think whether people take photos it depends on the difficulty and rarity of the animal being shot, or if it is some special occasion, like a first kill. The trips I have been on, the common and easy game didn't merit any photos, but the bigger, rarer and more difficult game did.

But it does sound like you hunt as a primary source of food much more than regular hunters, so for you there is much less of a novelty to it.
>>
File: 1280x720-b4B.jpg (188KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-b4B.jpg
188KB, 1280x720px
>>799220
This guy probably thinks the world was some peaceful garden of eden before humans showed up on the scene.
Animals murder eachother all the time without a second thought. If they dont, they starve. Nature isn't peaceful. Nature is uncaring and unforgiving.

I don't hunt, but I can see the appeal of being self sufficient. Not being someone who thinks food comes from a grocery store and that's it. And of eating what is probably some of the most natural, low environmental impact meat you can get.
>>
>>799220
it's a challenge.
i abhor hunting with guns and traps unless pest control, i think spears and knives is where it's at.
if i can't catch something with my hands it can live. btw i caught a lot of shit barehanded even big birds and fish and snake and lizard. never caught big game, i think it needs a bit more devotion to this kind of thing.
>>
>>799439
>Animals murder eachother
and eat each other alive, it's not like the prey stops living when caught most of the time it will still be alive as it is ripped apart or swallowed whole.
>>
>>799220
>>799220

>murder

You might want to pick up a dictionary...
>>
>>799220
This is a pretty common symptom of man's separation from nature. I talk to people all the time (being in the whiny liberal rathole of the world, Portland, Oregon) that truly believe that nature is a beautiful, wonderful, my little pony world where indians used to smoke peace pipes and give each other handjobs while discussing women's rights and animals hug each other in fields while sharing the berries they hid for the cold coming winter.

Nature is brutal as fuck, and the farther we get from it, especially in regards to the processing of our food, the easier it is to pretend that it ain't. In reality, shooting an animal is about a thousand percent more humane that any current method of processing meat for food. If you can't see that, you are literally a fucking moron.

I don't even hunt any more and this truth is painfully obvious.
>>
>>799439
>Animals murder eachother all the time

Stop using loaded language that lends credence to OP's ridiculous trolling

Animals do not murder. They do however kill each other in a wide variety of brutal and completely unemotional ways.

Nature is also not a murderer but rather an unforgiving and unbiased mass killer.
>>
>>799220
Due to the millions of damaging and invasive species including pigs, deer, possums, stoats, rabbits, hate etc. that must be controlled by hunting to protect sensitive forests I am obliged to tell you to go and do some research. Hunters are the number 1 conservationists.
>>
>>799505
well some hunters are just glorified poachers.
but sure many of them are decent and well meaning.
>>
>>799225
>skinning the flesh
I think the word you're looking for is butchering you illiterate fuck. Again, pick up a dictionary faggot.
>>
>>799506
Please to explain the term "glorified poacher". Legal hunting and illegal hunting (poaching) are very clearly defined in every part of the country. How exactly does one become a "glorified poacher". Do you get a certificate or a ribbon or something?
>>
To free a gentle soul from its earthly form.

It's a very spiritual endeavour. Plus you get tasty meat.
>>
>>799508
some hunters have license but hunt illegally and shoot things out of quota bait when it's forbidden, don't give a fuck about the damage they leave behind like entrails on a hiking trail and shoot hikers dogs even if they are on leash and equipped with visible vest because they are self entitled assholes with guns.

that's what i mean.
>>
Shit i cant wait for my next moose hunt then an elk and have meat for my family for the year plus i love gore so if its a chance to get my hands bloody then im in!
>>
>>799511
>they leave behind like entrails
What do you suggest they do with the gutpile? The coyotes and crows have to eat. Why would you want to deprive them of nutritious protein animal friend?

>>799511
>shoot hikers dogs even if they are on leash and equipped with visible vest

Got a link? I highly doubt this is an actual problem.

>>799511
>some hunters have license but hunt illegally and shoot things out of quota bait when it's forbidden

That makes them a poacher and it is indeed illegal. Some people also drink and drive and that's illegal too. Does that mean anyone who drinks is a "glorified drunk driver" ?
>>
>>799220

complaining about /out/ on /out/

well done anon, well done
>>
>>799220
>Literally explain this to me.

>Literally

>Literally

Fuck you millennial scumbag!
>>
>>799516
these thing all happen a lot each year don't get so butthurt some hunters are despicable assholes deal with it.
>What do you suggest they do with the gutpile?
read the whole sentence they left the carnage on a frequent hiking trail for little kids and grannies to find. i think the kids still go to shrinks till this day.
>>
>>799522
If your kid needs a shrink from seeing a gutpile, your kid would've needed a shrink eventually anyway.
>>
>>799220
Shit like this makes me kind of want to see SHTF so that a fuckload of people can either get a reality check or fucking die. Throughout most of human history, life has been hard and brutish. Most people don't know how fucking good they have it.

Yeah, I'm going to go kill an elk at the end of this fall. I'm going to enjoy the fuck out of the hunt, the kill, and the meat. Quartering it, not so much.
>>
Because animals taste better than plants, of course.
>>
>>799524
Agreed. I was skinning and butchering animals when I was 8. If you cant handle a little bit of blood and guts then you arent prepared for the world. I was raised a farmer though not a townie.
>>
File: mercy.jpg (545KB, 1770x966px) Image search: [Google]
mercy.jpg
545KB, 1770x966px
>>
>>799522
death is a pretty normal thing
come back to reality anon it's nice and there is tasty moose jerky here
>>
>>799228
Even though i think this whole thread is bait this is the truth.

And if you need to think like this, animals would be way happier to be killed by a hunter than living it's wole life in a cage to be served in supermarkets.
>>
>>799220

...because it's cheaper for me to throw down some traps and shoot a few deer, boar, moose, ducks, and rabbits than it is for me to buy it at the store?
>>
>>799435
I take a picture with it as a way to say this is my deer if questioned. I often take a picture of the genitals with a time stamp as well.
>>
>>799432
>However, I don't fucking understand people who take photos of themselves with something they'd killed or caught.

Obviously it's because some people like taking photos of things they do. It could be so they can share the experience with friends and family, help remember their enjoyment of the activity or the sense of accomplishment after a successful kill, or a multitude of other reasonable explanations.

It's not strange or mysterious. Whether you find it distasteful or not is irrelevant. This is 4chan and I guarantee we've all seen much fucking worse.
>>
>>799546
i'm an avid meat eater you child but frankly leaving around butchered game is an asshole thing especially if you only have to drag it like 100 feet so that nobody finds it. your sassy little shittalk won't impress anyone here.
>>
>>799598
>drag it like 100 feet

>drag a moose carcass 100 feet
>drag a gutpile 100 feet

so...you don't know the first thing about field dressing large game do you?
>>
>>799599
well they dragged them to the trail somehow to gut i imagine they could dreg the much lighter remains off. also no moose around here these are mere 200 pound deer and wild pigs we are talking about.
i could drag two away at once. you are some kind of special needs retard like op and the tumblr whores right?
>>
>>799602
>200 pound deer
>i could drag two away at once

Things that will never happen

>>799598
>you child

Listen non-hunting-fiend, skidding large animals around is tough work. 99% of the time the animal gets dressed where it drops unless it's a very small deer. A mature moose or elk you could roll over, and maybe shift a few meters in any direction depending on terrain, but that's about it. If it drops on a trail, well that's where it gets dressed. Dragging a dead mature buck around is hard fucking work and your bullshit about dragging 2 is just that. I'm not about to break my back so that some bubble child or helicopter parent doesn't get offended by something very natural. Besides, in most places the coyotes and crows will dispose of the remains within hours. Just being practical m8.
>>
>>799598
>if you only have to drag it like 100 feet so that nobody finds it.

So if you hit a deer with your car on the highway, would you drag it into the ditch and leave it, or 100 feet through the ditch up the other side into the bush so nobody gets offended by the sight of roadkill? Yeah, didn't think so.
>>
>>799602
>you are some kind of special needs retard like op and the tumblr whores right?
NO U! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>799220
Hunting is okay for food. Hunters who hunt for food are pretty awesome although scary I think, as a vegeterian. Hunting "culture" pretty much sucks, aka the false machismo of going out and killing shit just because, killing endangered animals, rich "hunters" paying to go to some third world country and come home with a skin they can bring home and brag about to all their "hunter" friends.
>>
>>799761
>spend a day with some hunters
>spend a day with some vegans
>one group is unsufferable and will make you want to an hero

Guess which one it most likely is, my vitamin deficient friend?
>>
>>799530
Right. I'm not a hunter any more, but just recently someone hit a squirrel and knocked it against the curb where my truck was parked. My son and his cousin (my sisters is super hippy killing things is bad mmmk) saw the squirrel lying there bloated. I proceeded to have a conversation with my son about the dead animal, answering his questions, telling him about not touching it and why, why it was bloated, and other various things he was curious about, and then proceeded to continue the conversation in the truck about nature and why things die and what happens to them, how bacteria were eating the dead animal, how birds would probably eat it as well, how death creates life, etc.etc. Got call from sister freaking out because I talked in front of her kid in a matter of fact way about life and death.

That kid's gonna need therapy if he doesn't already.
>>
File: 1459231523860.jpg (44KB, 420x294px) Image search: [Google]
1459231523860.jpg
44KB, 420x294px
>>799761
>Hunting "culture" pretty much sucks, aka
>the false machismo of going out and killing shit just because
Very few people do this, and I only say this as I imagine some do exist, but I have never met any myself who hunt for no reason other than simply killing.
>killing endangered animals
This is basically poaching, and illegal. This is not a part of hunting culture and is relatively isolated as usually these poachers have to stick to the black market or underground channels to sell or transport their goods.
>rich "hunters" paying to go to some third world country and come home with a skin they can bring home and brag about to all their "hunter" friends.
This is trophy hunting and hardly represents hunting culture, as being rich enough to fly to a third world country and pay the high fees for these kills automatically makes them a minority.

None of these people represent hunting culture as a whole.

Like pretty much every veg*n out there, you are sorely misinformed about those that you criticise.
>>
>>799609
No shit. And it's not like you always get to shoot animals on nice terrain. You shoot an elk way back in there, and you do a poacher's cut and carry the quarters out the hard way. Some backpackers think that a 50lb pack is to heavy? Just wait until it's an 80lb rear cow elk quarter, and you have three more quarters to go.
>>
>>799306
>When humans first appeared on the scene we barely hunted at all, it was just too difficult.

Actually hunting has been the staple of our diet since H. erectus came about almost 2 million years ago.
>>
>>799575
lol you fucking pervert

do you have a folder titled "DEAD DEER DICK" somewhere on your computer?
>>
>>799543
Based BaconRider!

Slay dem choice cuts!
>>
File: 1453705693532.jpg (116KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1453705693532.jpg
116KB, 560x560px
>>799802
>Actually hunting has been the staple of our diet since H. erectus came about almost 2 million years ago.
Technically for a food to be a staple in the diet it has to be regular and a dominant portion of meals. Currently while we do have strong evidence that Homo Erectus did hunt, there exists no evidence on which any reliable estimation can be based with regards to how much hunting took place and how much it was a part of the diet.

Scientifically you have no grounds to make such a claim as fact.

With that out of the way, based on my own research and interpretation there of I disagree with your opinion. Throughout our evolutionary history we were predominantly plant eaters that on average derived somewhere between 5-15% of our diet from animals.
>>
>>799417
Indeed.

Every time I hear somebody say using a rifle takes no skill or they gargle the balls of a bow hunter I assume they have never hunted.

Obviously bow hunting can be more challenging, but using a rifle doesn't magically make hunting a wild animal trivial.
>>
>>799804
Nope, all I do is open up the legs and take a picture. Its easier that way if the cops or rangers question my catch.
>>
>>799761
I live in the heart of redneck country and you have a bunch of hicks shouting, whooping, and killing animals.
You then talk to them without their drinking buddies and you would be surprised how they talk, I'm no hunter but I've had grown men tell me they cried when they brought down a large game or whatever.
One of the hardest men I know actually killed a bear and is honest with everyone saying he bawled his eyes out when it was having its death throes.
Just saying, a lot of people have different ways to respect nature, I hike and some people like to hunt and fish, and I rather these people keep the trails and forests free of overpopulated game.
>>
>>799827
>shovel-shaped incisors specifically adapted to tear meat
>skull structures like an occipital bun specially adapted for the jaw muscles needed to eat meat
>stone hand axe became standard
>huge amount of butchery sites in fossil record
>modern build for long distance running to do endurance hunting

The only reason they survived and the paranthropines went extinct was because the P. specialized in plant eating and H. erectus filled the hunting niche. The rapidly fluctuating climate at the time meant that plants were no longer a reliable food source, while game animals were always there regardless. H. erectus was the first to leave Africa because they followed the herd animals who followed the emerging grasslands after glaciers receded.

Hunting and meat eating is what DEFINED Homo erectus and basically set all other definitively humans traits in motion.
>>
>>799827
>>799878
Actually have to agree with the second anon, there were mass plant extinctions at the same time the more gorilla-looking people died (fucking terrible with terms/names) because they were used to living in trees and eating plants and shit.
Lots of trees died from disease and plants too, so the badass lived due to being able to live more on grassy plains.
>>
File: _lee7331_std[1].jpg (173KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
_lee7331_std[1].jpg
173KB, 1000x665px
>>799225
>utter disrespect for mother nature is killing it.

Better tell nature to stop disrespecting nature, guys.
>>
File: Nope 9.png (90KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
Nope 9.png
90KB, 500x501px
>>799226

Get /out/.
>>
>>799220
You don't get it, it's fine
No one can talk you out of a view like this, you'll either grow out of it or you won't
Stop shitting up the board with this garbage even if it is trolling just stop being like this
>>
>>799892
Dem wolves be racist
>>
>>799220
Subhumans with daddy issues can never understand this.
1)first of all,it's literally the highest form of respect towards animals. When you kill your first magnificent deer you understand what it means to take a life in order to eat. You learn deep gratitude and connection to your prey that gave up its life for you to thrive.
2)Instead of damning them to a life in a cage, you let them live free in their habitat and you only kill them with a bullet through the head before eating them
3)arguably one of the greatest ways to connect to nature itself. It requires being /out/ and doing what you did when you were a fucking caveman
4)one of the greatest ways to bond with your dad
5)teaches responsibility of power
6)venison is GOAT
>>
>>799220
Have you ever hunted for food u asswhipe
>>
>>799872
Yeah, I'm gonna call bullshit here. I am a hunter in the hunting community. We don't cry when we kill something.
>>
>>799609
>Dragging a dead mature buck around is hard fucking work
well that would hardly be 200 pounds, what i'm talking about is really more like dragging two guys at once. not impossible by my standards. people that hunt for meat tend to like younger game only trophy hunters go for old bucks i don't much like the taste of them anyways good young wild pig is where it's at.
>>
>>799932

I agree with everything you said except this.

>a bullet through the head

A heart & lungs shot is a far better choice except in extenuating circumstances.
>>
>>800060
yes headshots arent the way to go. i know this and i dont even hunt myself.
what are those extenuating circumstances you're talking about. personally i cant think of any. if i was hunting i'd rather let something go than to take a risky shot at its head.
>>
>>799220
Hunting for food i understand, but pictures like this confuse me
>yay we ended a life lets take a picture son
it's gotta be done but why brag about it? life is precious.
>>
>>800074
>extenuating circumstances
you've gotta eat or die right now, and all you can get a clear shot at is the head
pretty specific scenario, but there you go
>>
>>800079
>implying they weren't hunting for food
it's nice to remember accomplishments, especially between parents and children. people take pictures to do this.
>>
I've grown to the conclusion that this board is a joke. Its just people asking for gear, knives, and protesting hunting because of a picture. Who fucking cares about a picture?
-Trapper for 8 years
-Hunter Rifle and bow.
>>
>>800100
ah i see
>>
>>799220
>Food
>Being closer to our natural history
>Exercise
>Food taste better if you have gotten it yourself
>Sense of Self-Reliance
>>
>>799223
he hunted you down, mate
>>
>>800103
nah dude i don't have a problem with hunting.
i'm as far from a hippies as you can get.
i have a problem with assholes that happen to be hunters.
also hunting endangered species shouldn't ever be allowed.
>>
>>800328
>also hunting endangered species shouldn't ever be allowed.
What if it is an overall good thing for the species though? For example, hunting lions in Africa. The 100% legitimate stuff is great for conservation because hunters pay hundreds of thousands of dollars which gets put back into conservation measures, and they're only allowed to kill older animals that are of no value to the sustainability to the species.
>>
In New Zealand pigs, goats, deer, thar and chamois have to natural predators so the only way to control their numbers is to hunt them.

I'm not even convinced there is any other dry land in the world than New Zealand so its all I really care about. The outside world we see in TV is all illusions and lies of the devil
>>
>>800496
I'm Australian and I can confirm that I'm definitely just an illusion
>>
>>799832
>make sure sights and animal are aligned
>pull trigger

Am I being rused?
>>
>>799327
Excellent post tbhfam
>>
>>799226
>Trophy hunting doesnt matter, youre still killing it, even if you do eat it, you still murdered an animal that did nothing to you.
Plant's are alive too faggot. Being alive, is being an asshole. You eat fuckers, you take shit, you kill shit if it trys to kill you. Morals are fucking fantastic and all, but you fuckers are such hypocrites. The modern society that lets you BE a veterinarian or vegan is built upon corpses, blood, and steel you fucking nigger. Besides, you could be slighty less faggoty and at least be a pescatarian.
>>
Hunters have done more for conservation than any vegan has.

The reason Bison aren't endangered anymore is because we started eating them.
>>
Hunting is a last resort for survival. If you can't fish, or plant a small crop, then hunted meat is all you can do.

>>799243
This guy gets it. If you ration, a couple large Moose will fed you for a year if you dry it. Long enough to get some veggies growing or find a good fishing spot.
>>
File: Op's house.jpg (133KB, 790x782px) Image search: [Google]
Op's house.jpg
133KB, 790x782px
The definition of murder is a human killing another human for no reason. You don't see people in court or going to jail for "murdering" an animal.
> does it make you feel big or something?
Hell yeah, being human is great!
> explain to me how killing animals is anything other than a sick, fucked up excuse for enacting gore that isn't illegal.
Selling meat,selling fur,not eating shitty factory farmed meat,exercise,fun.
Let me ask you OP, why aren't you hunting?
>>
>>799240
>You're probably fat, your arteries are coated in animal plaques and you cannot run for more than 30 seconds.

Except deer, elk, and moose is the cleanest, leanest red meat possible so no plaque my friend
>>
>>800502
>find animal and positively identify
not always easy, need to know species behavior, patterns, know the territory etc. requires a lot of knowledge, skill, and experience
>stalk animal to within ethical shooting distance
often very fucking hard for oh so many reasons
>make sure sights and animal are aligned
could be tough depending on terrain, your level of exertion, adrenalin, and your marksmanship skill. also requires knowledge of anatomy and shot placement
>pull trigger
takes practice and confidence to ensure you don't flinch or otherwise fuck up the shot

people who think rifle hunting is trivial have inadequate knowledge and experience to form a respectable opinion

sure its easier than bow hunting but its not often a walk in the park
>>
>>800711
>Selling meat
this is illegal in most hunting jurisdictions...agree with the rest of your post though
>>
>>799240
a mountain sheep or mule deer hunt is one of most grueling /out/ experience ever. I can guarantee that OP faggot has never come close to the physical condition or /out/ mindset required to successfully hunt on foot
>>
>>800473
i think that is a twisted thing to do, and it only works because africa is a general shithole.
do you know what happens in eu if you shoot endangered species? they fucking hunt you down and you get a hefty fine or they throw you in jail. bears are extinct in my country some bear wandered in some fucker shot it they found him the next day pretty much. now he is in jail.
>>
>>799243
>Moose is delicious, and there's a lot of meat one one moose. Equivalent to hundreds of dollars of beef at least.

After deboning I got 550lb of moose from my bull moose last fall.
Local beef prices (CAD) range from $4/lb for lean ground to $16/lb for ribeye
So yeah, thousands of dollars worth of meat.

>Moose are also hyper-abundant.
Well in Canada they are not at risk, but their population varies widely by region and their populations are carefully monitored/managed. In most places they are on a draw.
I would certainly not call them hyper-abundant.

>Did I mention that they're delicious?
Yes, yes they are. I have Moroccan-spiced moose with yam in the slow-cooker right now. The house smells fucking amazing.
>>
>>800745
>i think that is a twisted thing to do, and it only works because africa is a general shithole.

Not really. What's twisted is that non-hunters generally don't give a fuck about game species conservation and don't actually DO anything about it while not being shy with their shitty opinions (hi there OP)

Therefore, it falls to hunters and hunting groups to fund conservation efforts. And it turns out that this has been particularly effective in Africa where the locals would poach game species to extinction if it were left up to them and the liberal faggot protestors don't actually do a god damn thing about the shit they like to complain about.

Makes sense now?
>>
>>800745
>do you know what happens in eu if you shoot endangered species?

You don't understand how hunting works in Africa. There are not people randomly going out and hunting endangered animals you retard.

It's carefully managed, licensed, and guided.

And I highly doubt you can find one hunter on this board who thinks ad-hoc hunting of endangered animals is in any way acceptable.

Besides, this argument is totally irrelevant when discussing the general application of hunting not-at-risk species in North America.
>>
>>799220

Do you eat meat anon?
Do you wear shoes?
Ever sit on leather?
Ever use adhesives of any kind?

Human life requires the killing of animals. Much like a Lion or a Hawk.

You'll feel pretty comfortable killing if you ever get stranded on an island and you need so survive.

Hunter simply take part in this process voluntarily as a means of staying connected to our hunter roots. The majority use the kill for a purpose.
>>
>>800748
how the fuck do you get that out of the woods?
>>
>>800803
dress, skin and quarter it in the field then hump it the fuck out with hard work and the goddamn sweat of your brow anon

we usually skid each quarter out in an ice fishing sled or game cart/wagon if we're within a km of vehicle access

If innawoods further, you lash the meat to a pack frame and walk it out usually about 150lb at a time (yeah it's fucking hard)

If you're hunting crown land with good logging road access or private land with permission you can often get a quad or truck in close where you can just hook the animal up and drag it out whole
>>
>>799228
It's natural for me to rape your mom and sister faggot and then slit ur throat
>>
>>799327
Then why don't we exterminate all wildlife to prevent them from suffering? You're just using this a a convenient rationale, when the true reason you hunt is cus "muh taste buds, muh badass outdoorsman image"
>>
>>800820
>>800823
welcome to /out/ where we kill tasty and nutritious things and eat them
>>
Hunters give all these excuses and say they feel for the animal but at the end of the day they are getting enjoyment out of killing and therefore are faggots who should be hunted by lions so they can see how it feels
>>
>>800825
You're just staving off the boredom in your pathetic life, in the most pathetic way possible, die faggot
>>
>>800827
are you vegan buddy pal friend?
>>
>>800834
Yup, and if you think you can kill living, thinking beings cus muh taste buds and marginal possible health benefits then i can't wait for you to get eaten by aliens who say they like the taste of human and human brains increase their IQ by one point so its necessary
>>
>>800837
I for one welcome our new brain-eating alien overlords. This planet could use some responsible conservation-minded human population management via hunting.
>>
>>800768
>>800837

muh hypocrisy
>>
>>800840
I'd be a rare trophy...and if an alien bags me I'd like to be put on the wall as a full skin mount for posterity
>>
What's the difference between eating a tuna can and hunting a rabbit?

Why shooting it is wrong, when paying $$ for it is okay?

If you aren't killing it for fun, but actually using the meat/skin/fur, then I think it is okay (Unless you are hunting twice a week, because that's too much and will damage the wild-life population in your area)
>>
>>800853
Depending on the animals you are hunting
>>
>>800837

Kudos on your thorough ideology, but I have no such aspirations. I mean, if they figure out how to grow meat in the lab or mass produce protein from crickets, sure.

Until then, I'd rather get my meat from an animal that's free grazed it's whole life rather than being stuck in a 10x10 pen.
>>
Life is sacred. If you don't need to kill then why do you? Biodiversity is already rapidly plummeting because of human action.
>>
>>799306
This guy gets.
>>
>>800982
>Biodiversity is already rapidly plummeting because of human action.
Modern, legal hunting has absolutely no impact on biodiversity. It can actually have a positive impact on it, especially in the case of removing feral animals or overpopulated animals from an ecosystem.
>>
>>801016
Yep, call up your local government biologist and they'll explain to you the role hunting plays in sustainable resource management.
>>
>>799220
It's fun to shoot things. And I can eat it afterwards.
>>
>>801034

Well, since you brought up government biologists opinions on _sustainable_ hunting:

IIED supported it's use in Africa with the CAMPFIRE program: http://pubs.iied.org/15503IIED.html

Convention on Biological Diversity supports it: https://www.cbd.int/decision/cop/?id=13186

The James Hutton institute has found that for game birds, those countries that practice walked up shooting coupled with state licensing (North America and Scandanavia in particular) tended to have good biodiversity: http://www.hutton.ac.uk/sites/default/files/files/RSPB_ReportFINAL_Covers.pdf

I will aknowledge that subsistence farming tends to absolutely demolish certain species, but that's really not what anyone is talking about here, is it?
>>
>>799220
>Why
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zy7Sk9pcwA
>>
>>800982
as a biology major hunting is a necessity because we took the predators out of the ecosystem, and eliminated the control from above system the herbivores IE deer moose bison ect we have to step in and prevent them from eating everything and leaving nothing for other species. If we dont hunt biodiversity is going to suffer even more than when we do hunt.
>>
>>799220
We are animals, and it would be false to lie about it. To hunt is going back to our roots, to let the inner barbaric animal out in a controilled environment.

Also, as far shooting is going, it is relaxing, because you need to be calm to be effective at shooting.

Also, instead of just take food for given at the supermarket, you learn a part of that what can make you more selfreliable, and thereby free.
>>
>>801317
>We are animals, and it would be false to lie about it. To hunt is going back to our roots, to let the inner barbaric animal out in a controilled environment.Also, as far shooting is going, it is relaxing, because you need to be calm to be effective at shooting.Also, instead of just take food for given at the supermarket, you learn a part of that what can make you more selfreliable, and thereby free.

Humans have been trying to not be animals for a very long time, and to keep the negative aspects like killing just because we have to admit were animals is just bad. And saying that killing is relaxing is the ultimate admission of flaw. Nature is flawed were trying to fix it not stay there.
>>
>>799224
>>799239

Fuck off. Nobody needs your permission to eat meat. Humans evolved to eat meat. Plant material is only supplementary and eating only plants will cause massive deficiencies.
>>
File: 1433549321855.jpg (61KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1433549321855.jpg
61KB, 500x500px
>>799239
>shooting something with a rifle takes no skill

t.
>>
>>799220
Isn't it sometimes necessary to hunt for population control? I've heard deer can sometimes become threats to the ecosystem they're in.
>>
>>801792
It's true. It's especially important to only cull the weak ones but dumb rednecks like a good trophy; so the best one usually end up kill.
>>
>>801780
supplementary, to a diet of mainly 5 elements. fluids, fruits, grains, veggies, meat . eat that in any order you want. . people have different dietary needs.
Though if one things certain.. no more no less for the minds needs its rest between meals to digest. yeesh '?
Finna munch on some crustaceans. Bwuoy, wuddup with that salmon fillet? I need some fresh meats. ; ) I'm not down to drug up on some beefcakes ;p. In the end All's Discipline. Word uP
>>
>>799421
hand made ? please elaborate on the process. I know some folks just shape it from wood, others also oil and scorch it so that a thicker piece of wood becomes more pliable. PVC?
>>
>>801811
I dont have it on video but look up Chop With Chris bow and arrow. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL0p3uxKNd8
I made it similar but more thick and instead of rock I used metal I just poured and sharpened. I dont got it on video sorry.
>>
>>799220
You can say that when you've experienced the orgasmic feeling that is watching the life drain from a living creatures eyes
>>
this dude made a bow out on the quicks !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLoukoBs8TE
a quality bow requires a more elaborate process. Berger demonstrates . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eWDgNrLYps
>>
To put food on the table??

I must admit I enjoy stalking a deer though. Something in that which satisfies a primordial urge. Also helps I was a soldier a long time and take some professional pride in being able to stalk and kill
>>
>>799239
Depend's what you're shooting doesn't it

Put it this way. I live in a country that has resorted to aerial drops of poison to control invasive species. Some of which are clever enough and/or have sharp enough senses to be a big challenge to hunt. They would cause utter devastation if not killed in some manner due to lack of natural predators.

And some of them taste pretty good too
>>
>>799239
>Shooting something with a rifle takes no skill
You should actually try shooting something with a firearm sometime, it requires a lot of skill. Anyone who has ever shot something knows this.

>try running down, or alternatively sneaking up on an animal with a knife to take it out. Or use a bow.

Well that's humane. Go back to /an/ and take your flawed faggot logic with you
>>
>>801804
Except grains are horrible for you and everything you get out of veggies and fruits can be gotten out of meat.
>>
>>799220
You will never understand hunting until you try it. The thrill of the chase, the hours, days, weeks maybe even months of tracking, training, gathering gear, getting permits and other planning finally paying off. Add to that the comradery and excitement of hunting with others or even better with dogs and you have an unrivalled experience. I suppose the closest thing to the feeling is winning the big game but you wouldnt know that being such a self-righteous hippy.
>>
>>799220
>get to go /out/
>spend time w/ loved ones
>fuckton of tasty meat
Why not? Hunters have a lot of respect for the animals they hunt. Poachers are crooks and killers, but legal and ethical hunters are not.
>>
>>799503
I'm laughing so hard, I woke my kid up.
10/10, no regrets.
>>
>>799220

Kill yourself and find out kek
>>
>>799226
>eats a faggot salad
>literally killing something that was once alive
A chicken has no more fucking concept of living as spinach does. A chicken doesn't look up at the sky and think "Wow, look at those beautiful purples and blues and gradients. I think I'm going to take a nice stroll today. It's wonderful to be alive."

No, it looks and thinks fucking nothing other than the primal urge to eat, reproduce, shit, and sleep. Lettuce is exactly the fucking same(at least 3 of those things).

A chicken is no more sentient than those mosquitoes and ants you kill by the thousands. No more sentient than fucking lettuce.
>>
>>800689
how god damn fucking retarded do you have to be?

humans are not designed to eat only plants. Most herbivores eat meat on occasion as well. Deers will eat small birds or other small rodents as well. Not ever human lives where proteins and other nutrients are plentiful from foraging. Hunting(meat) is not a "last resort" it's fundamental to human life.

But if you believe dumping various powders into a shake or taking a dozen pills to get those nutrients is natural or healthy then I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>799239
>don't cause diseases like eating animals does.
Right, plants never have any sort of diseases in them. No ecoli, no fungus, no parasites, no bacteria, no toxins, nothing dangerous at all.

Oh, wait. Yes, yes they do.
>>
>>799226
>you still murdered an animal that did nothing to you.

The cows/pigs/chicken/etc that are raised like shit, live like shit, and butchered like shit, in order to feed and dress you and the people around you.

The poor wild animals who are pushed out of their homes, in order for development and resource gathering, in order to bring you everyday products you buy and use.

The ocean ecosystem, polluted by manufacturing of things you buy, use, and inevitably throw away.

All this and he cares so much about a single animal someone shoots while utterly nothing about whole herds of animals that died for him, in one way or another.
>>
>>799220
if your not a vegatarion and you want to eat meat.
many people eat only wild game meat as opposed to store bought mass produced cattle-beef.
if you eat meat but are opposed to hunting your about as hypocritically asinine as you can get
>>
File: op.jpg (168KB, 649x621px) Image search: [Google]
op.jpg
168KB, 649x621px
>>799220
how the fuck do you think the human species evolved and lived off the land for the last million years you mouth breathing retard?
>>
>>802208
it doesn't matter, because the life OP is living right now isn't like that and that means everyone else's life and society should follow his example. Never mind how utterly naive that is.
>>
>>799220
Herbivores like deer are overpopulated and destroy vegetation
>>
>>799220
it's for subhumans that should be wiped off the planet
>>
>And I highly doubt you can find one hunter on this board
i was not talking about this board specifically it's a big world out thee with tons of assholes.
but there are assholes here too that would shoot dogs just because they have an itch and stuff. hopefully just running their mouth but you never know.
>>
>>799220
its not murdering something if you are hunting
I want to hunt to eat something i tracked, hunted, and killed myself.
rites of passage and what not to manhood
hunting is one of the most basic human instincts, why fight?
>>
>>802479
you mean humans
subhumans would be those that go against human instincts to not hunt.
>>
>>800820
no its not lol
>>
>>799220
I enjoy hunting. Yes I get a thrill. Yes I am an animal. Yes I'm bloodthirsty. Yes I'm a predator. Yes you're mad.
>>
>>799220
I'm not a hunter, but I'm not so stupid that I think we can kill off predators to the brink of extinction and not kill their prey. To protect our livestock we have killed off most predators. To maintain balance in nature (i.e. avoid mass starvation of prey species) we have to take the place of those predators.
>>
>>800823

Slippery slope fallacy anon. Your arguments are poor as fuck and your only driving force is emotion. Come back when you have solid facts behind you.
>>
>>801302
Hunting quotas are hugely influenced by huntingfags, its so fucking obvious, if we really cared we would reduce the population of deers down to precolonial levels in a fucking month, but no we keep them at high levels and let them stay there cus muh hunting lobby needs muh easy targets. Just look at those rancherfags who got wolves off the USA endangered list, cus muh needhugeelkherd for muh easy target. No other lobby besides environmentalfags who advocate for zero killing has any influence on hunting quotas.
>>
>>801857
>the point of my life is to end life

Pathetic hypocrite.
>>
>>799503
Dumbass, prove that eating meat is humane in the first place no matter how it's processed. But you couldnt and you didnt, despite "muh bigbrainIQ needs meat!"
>>
>>802799
How is it poor buddy? Truth is meat is not nutritionally necessary. And he's the one on the slippery slope, advocating that animals need to be put down by humans.
>>
>>802806
>>802804

>Humane
>adjective - having or showing compassion or benevolence.

How is it not? Your only argument is that you think it's wrong - and you're clearly vegan / vegetarian, which gives even further evidence that you're only here to rustle some jimmies. All hunters that I know are accurate in their hunt and processing, and are thankful to the animals that they harvest. They treat the meat with respect, if you can wrap your head around that.

>>802808
1. Meat has been nutritionally necessary for years, like, millennia, since the dawn of man. We would not be a species if we were strictly herbivores. See basic human anatomy and nutritional requirements - protein is a pretty damn big one.
>inb4 plants give protein
Not nearly enough for being an active human in the wild, and oddly enough that's the lifestyle hunters choose to have.
2: Slippery slope - No, you surely asserted that if we hunt to be humane, then why not kill all animals? Therefore we should not hunt.

All of your arguments continue to be emotionally driven and baseless. You very obviously lack respect for others and their lifestyles, and insist that, since it's something you don't like, everyone should stop. You've been presented solid evidence by multiple users of varying backgrounds hunting is good and not murdering, but you refuse entirely to accept that.
>>
>>799519
Is there literally anything worse then millennials?
>>
>>801804
English, motherfucker. Do you speak it?

How is fishing and eating the flesh of fish any different than hunting and eating the flesh of mammals? Are you even protesting hunting or are you siding with the meat eaters? I can't even tell because of your atrocious language skills.
>>
>>802802
No. Hunting quotas are influenced by population estimates and wildlife management goals. Actual population numbers are a function of fertility and mortality. Mortality is partially governed by hunting, but more significantly by habitat, access to food and water, competition, disease, weather, and predation among other things.
>>
>>799220
-Hunting for food is obvious, it's because you want to eat something. So long as it's legal and doesn't damage the ecosystem then I'm fine with hunting for food. If other parts of the animal are used for other things then all the better.

-Hunting for culls I'm okay with as well, as long as there's a need for it, not just because people in an area don't like a certain animal. There must be an ecological need, but so long as there is go for it.

-Hunting for sport/trophy hunting is something I have an issue with. Mostly because it's portrayed as an achievement when it really isn't. Humans have invented camouflage, survival/tracking gear, firearms, compound bows, specialised ammunition etc. to the point where there really isn't anything to it any more; essentially anybody can go out and do it, there's nothing to be proud of. Now, if someone got permission to hunt for sport, and was dropped off in the wilderness with basic clothes, a knife, a canteen and a sock full of three days worth of rice, and were told they'd be picked up in 72 hours, returning with a carcass would be something to be proud of. Hunting for sport requires there to be an element of competition, something which modern implements removes. I have no respect for the vast majority of hunters because they not like how I described above. Sorry if I'm not making any sense, I'm kinda tired.
>>
>>802834
>essentially anybody can go out and do it

Even with modern technology it can still be very challenging and takes effort and skill (and sometimes luck). The feeling of achievement is real just like any other thing you work hard towards. On the balance I'd call a successful hunt a more significant challenge than say making it to the summit on a modest day hike. You probably don't have issues of people celebrating submitting a local peak as an achievement taking photos etc. do you?
>>
>>802842
>Even with modern technology it can still be very challenging and takes effort and skill (and sometimes luck).
Luck sure, but how would you say it's challenging and takes effort? Skill maybe, but that only really applies to marksmanship. I would say hunters have to be patient, but that isn't really an achievement. Not trying to sound like an accusative asshole here, just curious as to your opinion.

>You probably don't have issues of people celebrating submitting a local peak as an achievement taking photos etc. do you?
Well it really depends on the peak, the environment, the weather, the time of day etc. If it's babby's first hike then I wouldn't think they've really achieved anything no. If they've climbed mount Everest, or freeclimbed a sheer face then that's something entirely different, and in this case would be the climbing equivalent of what I said would be a hunt worthy of praise above.
>>
>>802831
>wildlife management goals.
Durr, I', saying those goals are 90% influenced by hunting lobbyists, because they are crybabies when they can shoot helpless animals and the gubmint requires their money to protect nature cus no one is willing to be taxed to save trees.
>>
>>802818
>How is it not?

Eating meat is unnecessary for health. Unnecessary killing=wrong

>1. Meat has been nutritionally necessary for years, like, millennia, since the dawn of man. We would not be a species if we were strictly herbivores. See basic human anatomy and nutritional requirements - protein is a pretty damn big one.
>>inb4 plants give protein
>Not nearly enough for being an active human in the wild, and oddly enough that's the lifestyle hunters choose to have

Plants arent the only source of protein, but they are pretty good. Milk and eggs arent 100% humane but it's better than killing shit. Protein powders made of plant protein or other sources work just fine. You're just unwilling to do it cus muh unnatural. Just because we did something in nature doesnt mean we need to do it now. A purely foraged diet will require meat but you're not a pure forager are you?

>2: Slippery slope - No, you surely asserted that if we hunt to be humane, then why not kill all animals? Therefore we should not hunt.

My point is that "humane" is just something people use to defend themselves and it's not a real argument. If you're gonna say you hunt to be humane, then follow the logic of being humane more than just when it suits your desires. You'll hunt to be humane but won't do shit else to be humane
>>
>>802853
i'm thinking about getting into hunting but don't want to kill any animals unless i have to to survive. it's also a hassle to get hunting permit here. and awfully expensive elitist club thing.

what's the best way to develop hunting skills without killing stuff? i was thinking like a camera maybe i will make it ergonomically and weight wise like gun and when you pull the trigger it shoots a pic.
>>
>>802881
Simply go out and see how close you can get to an animal. Every skill you master to this end is the same as hunting for a kill.
>>
>>802884
sure but also shot placement should be a part of it no?
>>
>>802850
Or not...my government doesn't care much about hunting. With respect to natural resource management they do pay close attention to forestry, mining, agriculture, cattle ranchers, and oil & gas. Fish and wildlife is pretty low priority in the eyes of our provincial ministry of environment and sustainable resources. In terms of tourism, it's the provincial and national parks that get the most attention. It could be different in your area, but I doubt it.
>>
>>802895
The US has a hunting and redneck culture, especially in certain states. And our environment has been pretty much destroyed in some places. People have been saying that deer populations are many times higher than they "should" be yet they have stayed the same for decades
>>
>>802844

Freestyle skiing moguls must be really easy. After all skis and bindings are so much more advanced these days.
Downhill mountain biking must be pretty much cruise control because of front and rear suspension on bikes in our time.
There's nothing to rock climbing because of the materials they make ropes out of.
Mountain climbing is for toddlers because of oxygen tanks and the metal alloys available for ice axes and crampons.
Goretex makes every outdoors activity a joke right?

Nope, the only joke is your biased assumptions about hunting.
You're fucking retarded and it's obvious you've never been hunting in their life.
>>
>>800745
He should have buried the bear :)
>>
>>802904
SSS
Shoot Shovel Shut-up
>>
>>802902
Bait
>>
Cheap protein source.

I despise trophy hunters but I don't see anything wrong with doing it for a food source.
>>
>>802924
Did you even read what he wrote?
>>
>>799220
Meat mang. Venison is tasty.

Also we killed all their natural predators. If we don't keep their numbers down it will cause ecological problems.
>>
>>799220
Tbh lad I just fucking hate deer and I would kill them all if I could.
>>
>>799414
He'll I already tried, but I got stopped last minute.

Gonna try again tho. Gotta wait till they stop watching tho.
>>
>>799240
I'm actually underweight (5'9", 130 lbs) with very good levels of blood lipids.
>>
>>803132
Too bad their numbers have been way too high for way too long and were intentionally keeping it that way because hunters whine if we don't.
>>
>>799240
Vegan Gains please go
>>
>>799508
Poaching sounds like somebody killing a rino or something rare.

First world poachers take a little more than the limits. Its tecnically poaching, but not as hardcore.

I've technically been a poacher once. When I went camping the fish didn't bite for 2 days, but on the 323rd day I could get them out fast enough. So I could enough for all 3 days.
>>
>>799220
If you were to take your son hunting, and he felt bad about it, and you told him to just not think about it/man up, you're making him deny his natural conscious thoughts and be heartless.
>>
>>802930
At least with fishing you either let the fish go or use it for protein. Which is still very selfish, but it's not as egotistical as trophy hunting.
>>
>>803144
Not my job dude. I agree with you, but all I can do is but a tag. Honestly we need to do more to build up the wolf population, but I don't have skills in that field.

I do on the other hand have skilled related to killing tasty elk.
>>
>>803160
basically all trophy hunters give the meat away

it's illegal to let game go to waste in most parts

>>803159
the kinder won't truly know how he feels about hunting until he's experienced it. IMO feeling bad about eating animals is a learned behavior, but I'm willing to accept that some people are just wankers and cry like little bitches when a predator kills prey. heartless? who has more heart? the man who finds food for his family or the man who cries when a squirrel dies? I made my decision, you made yours, and my son will make his when he's old enough to understand. Nobody can make that decision for anyone else.
>>
File: 1433869783814.jpg (39KB, 252x368px) Image search: [Google]
1433869783814.jpg
39KB, 252x368px
>tfw I have my own property
>tfw I have no neighbors
>tfw I can go out into my woods and shoot racoon and porcupines out of trees
>tfw I ran down a triplet of racoon cubs and shot them in the head

If they didn't want to catch a bullet they should keep off my property. At least the foxes eat well.
>>
File: 1464914894952.png (469KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1464914894952.png
469KB, 540x960px
>>799220
It's in the blood, the need to hunt. Some people might not have it. Some people are more domesticated than others... Some people are more wild. I feel the need to hunt in my bones...
>>
Killing shit is fun, and it's also humane considering that certain populations of animals get absolutely out of hand and actually end up killing people.
>wild hogs
>deer
>rabbits
>>
>>803212

You're a stupid fucking jerk and a terrible person who should feel bad because i'm too mad jelly.
>>
>>803166
> Build up the wolf population

This comes with its own can of worms though, especially if those wolves breed with feral dogs and they lose their fear of people.

Still, hunters don't appear to be doing shit to reduce the wild hog population, so maybe give the wolves a shot.
>>
>>799522

You still haven't provided a source for your claims.
>>
TROLLS! TROLLS EVERYWHERE!
>>
>>799224
This is my thoughts on the whole thing entirely. Once I'm not broke I would like to move to a more rural area and farm/hunt for my food. If nothing else supplement my diet with animals I took. I'm trying like hell to shop for humanely sourced meats but it's hard to do when my option is one chicken raised humanely or 5 "normal" chickens to last me fore 2 weeks. Mad respect for living a natural life style.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 350x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 350x240px
I live in Washington state. With the absences of wolves Deer run rampart. Too many car crashes, too many deer. I hunt deer to keep the population lower. It does more good than harm.
>>
>>803263
>Born2Kill

Wow so edgy. You're a fucking loser who can't empathize and connect with other life forms if you desire to kill so strongly.
>>
>>803785
y'all should get the whülfe population back! it's been doing wonders in The upper midwest, Canada, and even northern new england. I live in MA which is isn't wolfy yet but they expect the population to expand here in a few years. Dunno how that's gonna bode for the coyotes who have had a monopoly for like 150 years but overall it'll be a good thing
>>
>>799223
First post, best post.

And yet the thread goes on.
>>
>>805214
it's fine...this thread is there for all to see that OP and his Anti buddies' "arguments" are simply opinion and emotionally charged drivel with no basis in conservation, biology, or sustainable resource mgmt
>>
File: image001.jpg (21KB, 252x317px) Image search: [Google]
image001.jpg
21KB, 252x317px
>>802881
Can't wait for your close up of a bear.
>>
>>805236
He budd, why don't you attempt to refute my statement above in which I lay out why hunting has nothing to do with proper wildlife management, and is in fact one of the only things PREVENTING proper management from happening?
>>
>>805249
a bear i can handle
>>
>>800810
I've shot moose as well and can confirm,the easiest part is pulling the trigger. After that it's all grunt work.
>>
>>801794
Yup I know when I go out hunting I always look for the most sickly starving deer to fill my tag with.
>>
>>803522
Hogs and wolves are different beasts anon. Just like wolves and coyotes. The difference is the ability to adapt. Its not the strongest of the species to survive but the onse most resilient to change. Hogs are a fucking virus from what I understand.
>>
>>805251
I read through this whole garbage thread to find your statment and I couldn't. Your solid argument doesn't exist
>>
File: acupressure.jpg (406KB, 1862x901px) Image search: [Google]
acupressure.jpg
406KB, 1862x901px
>>
File: 1443134027467.png (94KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1443134027467.png
94KB, 1200x1200px
>>799220
because fuck you thats why
>>
>>800515
>The reason Bison aren't endangered anymore is because we started eating them.

*hearding them in ranches like cattle again
>>
File: 200_s[2].gif (56KB, 450x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s[2].gif
56KB, 450x200px
EVERYONE AGAINST HUNTING, SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER!!!
>>
>>799220
enacting gore is actually healthy, anon. It makes you feel big, it helps you accept yourself and gives you more self-confidence, which is important to achieve your goals in life.
>>
>>799220
Would you just look at that pic, that guy and his son having a grand old time harvesting a beautiful deer; you just made me want to recruit more new hunters into the fold anon. Thank you for helping bolster interest!!!
>>
File: 1459662641312.jpg (20KB, 329x399px) Image search: [Google]
1459662641312.jpg
20KB, 329x399px
>>799220
>>
File: bait.png (17KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
17KB, 200x200px
I hate to break to you but evolution has made us omnivores. A great majority of us eat meat. Our evolution has made us hunters. And evolution makes us like the things we need to do to survive. We like sex, we like eating, we like warm and comfortable, we like security we like control over our own lives. Hunting appeals to the part of our brain that is responsible for those basic urges. So you tell your self you do not like hunting, do you live in a enclosed box and do not go out or it? I will bet you socialize, you challenge your self with games or sports. Hunting is that part of us. I understand hunting, I understand why people play games on computers, I understand why people do sometimes irrational things for hobbies. If you deny hunting you deny most of what makes us humans that managed to survive as a species. You probably do some activity that challenges you, it may not be the same activity your neighbors like to engage in.
Hunting and killing animals to eat is built into us. The analogue in urban society is sports/gaming, another example is fishing (as far as I'm concerned one of the most boring hobby activities ever, but I'm not limiting what YOU enjoy). I will continue to test my abilities bow hunting ( and eating venison and pork) .
>>
File: ICE.jpg (512KB, 1698x891px) Image search: [Google]
ICE.jpg
512KB, 1698x891px
>>
>>799220
I bow hunt quite regularly and fish as much as I can. I eat what I kill and do not feel bad about either. Want to know why? Because it's natural. Hunting is a very big part of nature and even though yes I was brought up with it and that may be why I am more open to the idea I want to know why you vilify others so much for it?
>small penis
Not really; just living a life I'm happy with.

I grow my own vegetables; make furniture out of trees I cut down at work as an arborist

My question to you OP after reading this thread a but is why do so many vegans attack omnivores so much? Many vegans act very elitist and aggressive to those who eat meat and act in a holier than though attitude that turns several people away from veganism. If you were to approach the subject with a more neutral attitude you would be more successful in converting people and not looking like elitist cunts
>>
File: reply.png (80KB, 348x348px) Image search: [Google]
reply.png
80KB, 348x348px
I don't understand why people waste their time with such obvious baiting. Let the assmad vegans/vegetarians stay assmad.
>>
>>801581
>killing
>negative aspects

Subjective.

Society works because we don't exercise our impulses upon eachother. Morality is nothing but a product of evolution; it's a meme (cultural "gene") that increases the fitness of a population.

Throughout history morality has never been an evolutionary stable strategy. Absolutely moral societies might have flourished economically and culturally, but these societies were easily invaded by barbarians who have a culture that exists out of radically different memes.

Western culture is a moral one, which is why you find killing wrong. This is far from objective and merely a meme that has been selected for in our society and which has coincidentally evolved to encompass other species. This cross-species morality is merely a byproduct of evolution, what evolutionary biologists call a spandrel. It serves no purpose.
Thread posts: 242
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.