[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Live in the back of a chevrolet van

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

Im thinking of traveling cross country living out of a van for an indefinite period of time. I got a basic idea of what i need, though would appreciate some advice on how to do it, and if anyone here has done it.

>$$$
>2 gallons of water
>sleeping pad and blankets
>camping stove/camping pots and pans, food u can cook
>a fucking van, idk a good one tho
>duffel bag with clothes, razor, toothbrush etc.
>cooler with ice packs

Thats my basic list. Im not sure where to go from here or anything i should know.
>>
Why don't you just live down by a river?
>>
>>798337
>living in that van

Why not just get "pedophile rapist" tattooed on your forehead?
>>
>>798337
>>duffel bag with clothes, razor, toothbrush etc.
Etc is not very helpful, how do we know if you've missed anything
>>
File: Screenshot_20160621-025054.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160621-025054.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>798337
Watch this. Learn. Customize. Adapt.
>>
>>798354
>pedophile rapist
So he rapes pedophiles? Fucking brutal.
>>
>>798337
>2 gallons of water
>>
>>798337
Shoes
>>
>>798337
Way more water dude. I just traveled cross country and had at least 15-20 gallons on me at all times. Granted, I was offroading in the desert a lot and wanted a lot in case I was stranded for a few days, but you also want water in case your radiator goes to shit or car overheats, etc. Also, you'll probably be using water to cook as well. 2 Gallons is nothing. Water takes up a lot of space with sucks, but you just wedge the containers wherever you can. Also, don't buy the cheap, shitty plastic milk jug gallons of water. Those are garbage and are likely to bust or leak on you.

>>798372
Sign me up.
>>
OP is a fag but let's have a real thread about this. I can't do it right now, but (early retirement--40-45) I'd like to when I no longer need to work. Mainly to travel the US and see cool shit.

I'd rather use an SUV/minivan to blend in but was also thinking of those dodge caravans. OP is a full van, too big and conspicuous.

Biggest challenges would be winter and summer, but go south for winter and north for summer and it is lessened. Get a 5 gallon drum and a few smaller gallon jugs for water. I'd omit cooking supplies, just eat non-cook food. Fumes and the chance of spilling food/oil. Washing dishes like that also sucks. Probably a cooler with maybe ice but that gets to be a pain.

Many vandwellers build a platform bed, storage underneath and a thin futon mattress on top. You may also be able to put a storage box on the roof like people do for sports gear.

Big issue is where to park overnight, hence inconspicuous vehicles and not a pedolair like OP.
>>
File: rsz_img_20160616_202423.jpg (121KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_img_20160616_202423.jpg
121KB, 1328x747px
OP, you want living space my dude. Dont forget, its the most important thing you can do for yourself living in vehicle long term. Get a raised roof van so you can stand up in it. Any specific questions just fire away, ill answer when i can.
>>
>>798338
I am sad nobody got this.
>>
To be comfy living in a van, you'll need to migrate with the seasons since even camper vans aren't well insulated or well ventilated enough on their own.
>>
Every time I've seem these hobo vans I always wonder why they didn't just buy an old RV...
>>
>>800184
We did, it's just a lame joke.
>>
>>802500
Dubs is right
>>
>>802618
oh shit!
>>
>>798337
money is what you need mostly
and common sense items

I did it with my best friend in a minivan around the country
I want to do it again everyday.
~2500$ in gas over 9,000 miles, in under 2 months unfortunately
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.